The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Small Problems (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/small-problems-439791/)

dly 8/29/06 05:39 PM

Small Problems

Ok my Black 07 GT/CS is almost 1 month old and I found several small problems.
1st the pass. side air scoop is a little over 1/4" off the body, I can push it back flush to the body but it comes right back out. The driver's side is probably only 1/8" off the body and can't be pushed in.

Also the dealer gave me several plastic coffee cups when I brought my car. One when to work and the other was left in my back seat. Well I picked up my daughter (she was in a small accident, Kid ran a red light and hit her Chevy Cavalier. she is ok but the car is not driveable) and she moved the cup and CRAP the printing on the cup came off on to my back seat. I used Simple Green and got about 90% off. What can I use to get the rest off?

Its been a bad week so far.

dly

Just Mark 8/29/06 06:13 PM

Had mine a week tomorrow and just noticed the same issue with the side scoops pulling away. I will call the dealer and get in in for repair. Guess you can expect this to happen when you glue plastic bits to your car.

Glenn 8/29/06 06:31 PM

can you guys post a pic of the problem Please

HOTLAP 8/29/06 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by dly
Ok my Black 07 GT/CS is almost 1 month old and I found several small problems.
1st the pass. side air scoop is a little over 1/4" off the body, I can push it back flush to the body but it comes right back out. The driver's side is probably only 1/8" off the body and can't be pushed in.

Also the dealer gave me several plastic coffee cups when I brought my car. One when to work and the other was left in my back seat. Well I picked up my daughter (she was in a small accident, Kid ran a red light and hit her Chevy Cavalier. she is ok but the car is not driveable) and she moved the cup and CRAP the printing on the cup came off on to my back seat. I used Simple Green and got about 90% off. What can I use to get the rest off?

Its been a bad week so far.

dly

Should be attached via some sort of fastener....probably plastic with play in it - is what is giving you the gap....you may have to take it apart yourself and find a better way to secure it.....I find this quite often with modern cars using plastic fasteners (lighter and cheaper)....used to drive me nuts the way the grille insert in my '05 could be pushed/moved around until I disassembled it and made it more sucure with larger fasteners and felt strips.

Just Mark 8/29/06 09:09 PM

I'll get some pics in the morning and get them posted.

touring 8/30/06 06:06 PM

wow

sorry to hear that,was it your kid? i havent checked my scoops yet and i dont want to :shame: i really dont like to see faults on my cars makes me mad

Mark S. 9/3/06 08:42 PM

Ford Quality is not always number one...my GT came delivered with a rear quarter window that has one of the corners sticking out (like a small air brake) and my right rear fender sticks out (not aligned with passenger door)...I, too, am disappointed. Though, I will say that I tend to forget these things a bit when I stomp on the accelerator and watch the other guys still trying to get out of the hole! :lol:

If you want perfection...you have to go with a Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

Glenn 9/4/06 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Just Mark
I'll get some pics in the morning and get them posted.

is it morning yet? :grin: j/k I would like to see pics tho .... Please