The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   No love at local show (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/no-love-local-show-542746/)

NC14GT 10/12/16 08:38 AM

No love at local show

3 Attachment(s)
68 registered cars with 'Top 25' trophies. No dice. Probably too new, which I understand, but I sure had it looking good. Maybe next time. Always fun to attend and mingle w/ car folks.
Attachment 181707

Attachment 181708

Attachment 181709

SpectreH 10/12/16 08:43 AM

I always wished those shows had multiple classes. Newer cars like ours do not belong in the same class as the older cars. I'm guessing the people at your show had a bias against newer cars.

I've seen the exact opposite happen at a show...brand new cars winning because they are perfect. I'm talking still wearing the paper tag new. Not exactly fair to drive a car from the dealership and have it beat a restored 60's car simply because everything is still perfectly clean.

Mustang Freak 10/13/16 07:04 PM

Pretty much every car show I go to the older cars always win and they SHOULD! Anyone can keep a new/newer car looking pretty much like showroom condition. But to have a 25+ year old car looking close to showroom will always get my votes! :yup:

shaneyusa 10/13/16 09:00 PM

^^^ Feel the same. Have had that happen as well, but I get it. Not too tough to get a newer car looking sharp. Those classics have seen some wear. Probably several owners. Takes some real doing and cash to get the older ones in show shape. Don't take it personal.

By the way that is one nice looking CS. And hay it is getting around the 10 yr mark so they need to lighten up. :nice:

NC14GT 10/14/16 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey , thanks shaneyusa. Oh, I never take these shows too serious unless they are a points based professionally judged show. I've been to those with an air cooled 911 and way back in the day with a '75 Bricklin (that will send many to Google ;))
Just fun to attend. A wonderful way to spend a weekend, then come home and watch some football. Tomorrow is another show already, but this time the C4 is going.
Attachment 181720

Glenn 10/14/16 04:48 PM

looks like my old challenger in the first pick... the yellow one

shaneyusa 10/14/16 06:44 PM

Good Luck! Nice pack of cars in that driveway! Sounds like you have had a few nice ones over the years.

ZGrand 10/15/16 06:37 AM

Hard to compete with classics at most shows -- and rightfully so. Usually when I attend a general car show, I write "Do Not Judge" on the judjing sheet. I know I'm not going to win anyway, and that way I can leave before the trophy presentations and avoid the crowd leaving.

I go mainly to look at the other cars and to talk with other car guys.

GottaHaveIt 6/20/17 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS (Post 6998375)
68 registered cars with 'Top 25' trophies. No dice. Probably too new, which I understand, but I sure had it looking good. Maybe next time. Always fun to attend and mingle w/ car folks.
Attachment 181707

Attachment 181708

Attachment 181709

I ran into that when they showed me in a corner @ the Father's Day show in Qualicum bc

GottaHaveIt 6/20/17 09:15 PM

Older cars & cars you can visibly see what work went into them deserve a win , but the last few years I feel a lot of what I see is sorta waking up to the same face everyday ( bad analogy) but same stuff so last year I got a first place then this year a second place same show , so when your out there & talking you get more notice & votes to boot