The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   need lower front bumper grill 08 GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/need-lower-front-bumper-grill-08-gt-cs-534255/)

08sweet-thang 12/2/14 01:29 PM

need lower front bumper grill 08 GT/CS
 
hi folks
im new here and im a stang-aholic it started out small,looking at a picture or 2 ...and then driving one (and wife said i love it and want it)and now proud owner of sweety :doh:
and i have a problem you may be able to help me with it
lost the lower front bumper grill,and cant find a replacement one for it:banghead:
i have a 08 GT/CS convertible,4.6L..and if i understand right ,the shelby gt is the same as the GT/CS(maybe not?)but i looked @ ford house, American Muscle and Shelby .com
so i was hoping one of you folks could help me out
thanks
Dennis

08sweet-thang 12/2/14 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 166238

MusicMan66 12/2/14 03:00 PM

You can get both pieces (the OEM and the middle insert, which I highly recommend) on Silver Horse Racing's site:
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/05-09-mustang-grills/

08sweet-thang 12/3/14 07:31 AM

hi steve
thanks for the reply
one thing they dont tell you on that site is the mustang GT and the Mustang GT/CS are different grills
i have sent this grill back to american muscle once ,and they point out that this 1 didnt fit the GT/CS ...and it said it at bottom of page(i didnt see that when i order it)
so this is the problem i have ran in to

AMAlexLazarus 12/3/14 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by 08sweet-thang (Post 6874474)
hi folks
im new here and im a stang-aholic it started out small,looking at a picture or 2 ...and then driving one (and wife said i love it and want it)and now proud owner of sweety :doh:
and i have a problem you may be able to help me with it
lost the lower front bumper grill,and cant find a replacement one for it:banghead:
i have a 08 GT/CS convertible,4.6L..and if i understand right ,the shelby gt is the same as the GT/CS(maybe not?)but i looked @ ford house, American Muscle and Shelby .com
so i was hoping one of you folks could help me out
thanks
Dennis

Hey Dennis-Sorry to hear about the trouble here! I can see that we carry the SHR Lower Inner Inserts , but it's looking like we're missing the piece that's on the periphery and I would recommend taking a look at your local Ford Dealer or contacting SHR directly to see if they're able to help.

Can you please let me know which you had ordered so I may take a look and speak with our content team to make sure the listing is correct? We rely heavily on our customers feedback to make sure we have out parts listed correctly so please let me know so I can have that fixed!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

08sweet-thang 12/3/14 12:25 PM

hi Alex
this is the 1 we ordered and sent back
http://www.americanmuscle.com/lower-...le-0509gt.html
and does say at bottom of page, does not fit gt/cs

when i did get it home ,it was a little different . and i dont know if i can modified that one ,or if the shelby gt will fit it ,or can even get a Shelby gt lower grill
thanks
dennis

08sweet-thang 12/3/14 01:11 PM

just ran across this
it may help some of us in here that have 08 GT/CS
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...ial-confusion/

i did not know that we have a shelby GT

AMAlexLazarus 12/4/14 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by 08sweet-thang (Post 6874833)
hi Alex
this is the 1 we ordered and sent back
http://www.americanmuscle.com/lower-...le-0509gt.html
and does say at bottom of page, does not fit gt/cs

when i did get it home ,it was a little different . and i dont know if i can modified that one ,or if the shelby gt will fit it ,or can even get a Shelby gt lower grill
thanks
dennis

Hey Dennis-Thanks for letting me know, I just wanted to be 100% sure I was on the same page. Sorry about the inconvenience again but I'll be sure to have this forwarded over to our new parts team so we can have something like this brought on as I think it's a great idea. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help out with, I'm always around and I'm a PM away!

Alex

08sweet-thang 12/4/14 10:36 AM

well my next question is to find out if the shelbyGT and the mustang GT/CS have the same lower front grill?????
i found one on E-bay the is for the Shelby GT 08....but wanted to be sure that it will fit before ordering

AMAlexLazarus 12/5/14 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by 08sweet-thang (Post 6875167)
well my next question is to find out if the shelbyGT and the mustang GT/CS have the same lower front grill?????
i found one on E-bay the is for the Shelby GT 08....but wanted to be sure that it will fit before ordering

That's a great question and just as long as it doesn't look like the GT500 Lower Grille Below you should be just fine! Sorry I wasn't much help on this again but let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

GT500:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...s_3_11_010.jpg

Sparkey58 3/5/15 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by 08sweet-thang (Post 6874478)

Shelby just got the lower billit aluminum back in stock. Check their web site. Better hurry before they are gone again.

Sparkey58 3/5/15 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by 08sweet-thang (Post 6875167)
well my next question is to find out if the shelbyGT and the mustang GT/CS have the same lower front grill?????
i found one on E-bay the is for the Shelby GT 08....but wanted to be sure that it will fit before ordering

They both have the same lower grill.

GottaHaveIt 3/8/15 08:44 PM

Silverhorse racing perfect fit

ricksGT/CS 3/13/15 04:09 PM

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p...ILLE270-02.htm

ricksGT/CS 3/13/15 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS (Post 6907584)

Just a few pictures ,,




GottaHaveIt 10/6/17 03:57 AM

Lower grill
 

Originally Posted by 08sweet-thang (Post 6874478)

got mine from Silverhorse racing , perfect fithttps://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...c74e0de71f.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...15d8577974.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...0e81b28a0d.jpg

S13PH4N 5/23/18 01:16 PM

Looking for that Inserts as well
 
Iam looking for this Lower Grill Inserts as well, but canít find it in any online shop :-(
Does anybody have an idea where to order?
Thanks for your help :)

JimB. 11/28/18 11:07 PM

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/SHR...9-Mustang.html

SilverHorse racing is taking pre orders on this grill insert. They want to do another production run by spring. They need 200 pre orders.

VGMStudios 1/29/19 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by JimB. (Post 7037189)
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/SHR...9-Mustang.html

SilverHorse racing is taking pre orders on this grill insert. They want to do another production run by spring. They need 200 pre orders.

Thank you so much for this!!! I've been looking and wanting one for ages and since the guy here who was SUPPOSED to sell one to me started to ignore my PM's, this is so great! I hope they get the required preoderes for this to happen!

JimB. 1/29/19 09:10 AM

I spoke with them last week. They are thinking that production should be in early spring.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands