The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   To modify or not? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/modify-not-460175/)

2&2 11/12/07 07:53 PM

To modify or not?

Check out this GT/CS. What a hard decision it is to make changes to your GT/CS. This dealer went all out. I like it. Looks like Henrick Motorsport should change to Fords.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

CalStang'07 11/13/07 06:12 PM

What Color?

2&2: Speaking of hard decisions, did you guys ever decide on the right color of the GT/CS vert you want to order? Just curious, as had not heard from you in a while! Did she enjoy sitting in the CalStang, while I was giving my best sales pitch on why you need a new Cal in your garage? :dunno:

shawnmink 11/13/07 06:34 PM

Im in the same boat - I kinda want to see how many CS's they are going to make before I make any major changes to mine - and the minor changes I have already made - I have every original part in a box, ready to be put back one day when this car is 30 years old!!!

2&2 11/13/07 08:25 PM

Funny you should ask CalStang. Yesterday, we went to look at a Candy 08'vert GT/CS, just to see what it looked like. The dealer had it parked tight among other stangs, and it was so dirty, it looked flat out bad. Bummer. So Candy red is out. So we headed to another dealer that had a auto 08' grabber orange GT/CS coupe, to test drive an auto. This one was perfect and shining inside the show room. It looked awsome. But the worst thing that could of happened did happen. Sitting right next to the GT/CS was a 07' white Shelby GT with silver stripes. So we priced out a Vista blue 08' GT/CS vert and I found that for another four grand, I could have a Shelby GT coupe. It turned out that neither me or my wife where really overlly excited about ordering the vert right then and there. I want her to drive the new car, because she only drives one mile to work. I drive 20. She wants the vert and I want the Shelby GT. The only thing that seems to work is us buying a 08' Shelby GT vert. But the thought of such a huge cost ( $43,000.00) offsets the excitement of that purchase. Buying this car must make us both happy. She ended up saying, go ahead and get a coupe if you want. It is not a good time to sign on the dotted line yet. So, as of right now, I am going to focus on finishing my 70 Mach 1. And I will have one eye on a great deal that comes up on a 07' GT/CS or Shelby GT.
Buy the way , we finnaly test drove a GT. She loved it. I was worried about her getting a ticket. And she got a lesson on all the Mustang options. The salesman got an earfull of information from me too. I even told him about this site ,so he can learn all about what he is selling. I liked that dealer. Not to pushy, and even wanted me to drive the Shelby.

Krash 11/14/07 02:26 AM

I was on the Ford Racing Performance Parts website shortly after deciding that I wanted a CS. (Nice of Ford to link it to the Mustang page...:) ) Most of my FRP modifications were at the dealer before my car was! My CS arrived at the dealer on Friday afternoon, and I drove it for the weekend before bringing it in Monday morning to have it modified. I put 258 miles on it when it had the suspension changed out, the valve covers replaced, rear differential cover replaced... And had the car come in during the week, I would of had them roll it right into the shop off the truck! At least this way, I was able to feel the difference the modifications made to the ride of the car.

ShowGT 11/14/07 03:18 AM

Nice GT/CS posted above. I personally would buy what you want and build your way.

2&2 11/14/07 05:39 AM

Krash, after seeing the pictures of your blue GT/CS convertible, I now am thinking we should go order one. I want to see one in person before buying, and have never run across one to go see. The ducktail spoiler you have makes yours look even better than the 08' Shelby GT. Why ford did not put that type of spoiler similar to the 68's on this CS, I will never know. Can you post more pictures of your car?

GottaHaveIt 11/14/07 09:21 AM

<TABLE class=content cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10></TD><!-- START CONTENT AREA--><TD vAlign=top width=490><!-- START MAIN LINKS --><!-- END MAIN LINKS --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=480 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pageTitle>VIN Results</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=pagehead1>VIN: 1ZVFT82H575208260

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE id=tablegeneral cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=1><!-- Section for positions 1 thru 3 --><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>1ZV</TD></TR><TR><TD>Assembly Country:</TD><TD>USA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Make:</TD><TD>Ford </TD></TR><TR><TD>Body Style:</TD><TD>Coupe </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 4 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>F</TD></TR><TR><TD>Restraint:</TD><TD>BELT, ACTIVE, AIRBAG </TD></TR><!-- Section for positions 5 thru 7 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>T82</TD></TR><TR><TD>Vehicle Line:</TD><TD>Mustang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Series:</TD><TD>GT </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vehicle Type:</TD><TD>Car/Minivan </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 8 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Engine Type - 8th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>H</TD></TR><TR><TD>Engine:</TD><TD>4.6 L </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cylinders:</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuel:</TD><TD>Gasoline </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 10 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Model Year - 10th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR><TD>Model Year:</TD><TD>2007 </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 11 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Assembly Plant - 11th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>Assembly Plant:</TD><TD>AAI: FLAT ROCK, MI </TD></TR><!-- Section for positions 12 thru 17 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>208260</TD></TR><TR><TD>Prod Sequence Number</TD><TD>208260 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CalStang'07 11/14/07 12:42 PM

Repeat after me. A Vista Blue Vert!!

2&2: Saved the money by not getting a Shelby. Isn't that about what you told me earlier!! Just order that Vista Blue GT/CS Vert! You will love it and the First Lady will be very happy too!! I promise! We all know how important that is in life!! Just give ol' Josh J. a call at Woodhouse Bro. Think he can get the best price on an ordered one. Wood told me that they had just sold a Vista Blue GT/CS Vert, when we were out there two weeks ago for some PM services on the CalStang. "You Can Do It"!! Or better yet, hold out for the new Bullitt, but bring lots "O" money with you. Good Luck my friend!! "RC" :nice:

2&2 11/14/07 07:42 PM

I do not like the Bullit Mustang. To me it is too Plane Jane. I do not like dark wheels on dark cars either. Just not my look. I am back to the Vista blue GT/CS vert after seeing Krash's pictures. You are right that car would be nice. The dealer I went to told me they would order it with my x-plan number, so I think the price will be the same everywhere. This dealer is not a 40 mile ride away. The blue GT/CS you talked about up at Woodhouse was a manual. I noticed they have a 08' vista vert manual on order with the Shelby uplifters package in there system. The 07' Shelby GT can be bought for $36,500.00 right now. Not Bad. It would match my 65 too. I think the 08' convertible GT/CS would be around $32,900.00. Seeing them side by side, makes it a tough decision. Allot of money either way. Enough to take the excitment out of it and make it kind of scary.

Krash 11/15/07 12:08 AM

More pics of my CS vert...

6 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the nice comments!
You asked for 'em, and here they are... Took these back in May down in Monterey. The last one is from Downtown Ford in Sacramento, where they have a contract with the CHP, and their lot always has interceptors on it. The owner of the dealership liked what I did to my CS so much, that he's had 3 GT's done up similar to mine since then. He says that once he mods 'em with the suspension kit and short throw shifter, he sells 'em no problem!

2&2 11/15/07 07:25 AM

Your car may be the best GT/CS I have seen. Is that black electrical tape on that roll bar. It looks so vintage throw- back, I really like that look. What a decision that must have been to put the roll bar in. And the decision to use the Cervini ducktail spoiler over the CDC version. Were you worried that the Cervini was too big or overstated? I like it too. And I would want my 08' GT/CS to look like the 68's. I think I would have to see it in person to make my mind up between the two. Did your car come spoiler delete? If no,how did you deal with the old holes?

Krash 11/15/07 09:00 AM

10 Attachment(s)
2&2.
That's the Autopower roll bar with leather cover, and it wasn't a hard decision at all... it's a convertible, and I'm a madman! :)
As for the Cervini's spoiler, it was the second one on the CS. I had taken a picture of a Stang with the C wing into Downtown Ford for Cecil to order me one, and he ended up ordering me a Xenon ducktail spoiler, which I didn't care for. I did my homework, found the C wing, and ended up replacing the Xenon spoiler. As far as being overstated, it looked good to me from the getgo. Here's a couple pics with the Xenon spoiler... And no, I didn't order the spoiler delete, it came with that ugly stock spoiler. I had the Cervini's wing installed at a local body shop down the street from my Sac house. They painted the spoiler at the shop, along with filling the holes, although I believe that the C wing covers all the stock spoiler holes.

2&2 11/15/07 09:29 AM

When they filled the holes. does that mean they had to paint the whole trunk deck? Did the Cervini require more painting than just itself. What I mean is, did the car itself require any painting. I want the light bar when I get mine, but after seeing your roll bar, your car looks much faster! I am thinking that roll bar adds about 125 Horsepower to the looks. And the leather wrap adds another 20. You see, I am all about looking fast.

Krash 11/15/07 10:58 AM

OK, I just ran out and looked, and the holes are NOT filled in. The C wing covers them, as did the Xenon spoiler. So no, the trunk lid did not have to be painted, just the spoiler. The C wing has 3 pieces to be painted, the spoiler and the end caps.

Cheese302 11/15/07 11:03 AM

there are too many stripes on that one, i would say have fun with the car but only do things that will be easily converted back to stock. thats my style.

CalStang'07 11/15/07 11:04 AM

Why a rear spoiler change?

Krash: Question. Your first pixs showed the CDC spoiler, I believe and lastest pixs now show the Cervini spoiler. Why the change out? I personally really like the CDC's retro style duck tail unit and would get it, but for the existing spoiler trunk lid hole problem. But your new spoiler unit is pretty hot looking too! Can't go wrong with such a nice vert package that you have modified!! Cool! :nice:

CalStang'07 11/15/07 11:08 AM

Oops! My Bad!!

Oops! My Bad! Looked again and they are the same unit huh! Sorry. :doh:

2&2 11/15/07 12:54 PM

Calstang. I think the first pics are of the Cervini ducktail,which is a three peicer that gives it the look of a 68' with the quarter panel extentions . I like it. The last group of pics are with the Xenon brand spoiler that he did not like as well. I think they both look good.
Good to know they did not have to fill or weld shut the holes Krash.

Krash 11/15/07 01:17 PM

Calstang,

I had a picture of a Stang with a Cervini's kit on it, but didn't know who the kit was made by. I took the pic into my Ford dealer, who said he "could get one of those" for me... When it came, they installed it, and it wasn't the one I wanted. That's when I started doing my homework, found the Cervini's products, ordered it myself, as they don't discount to dealers, and had Bertolucci's body shop paint it and install it for me. NOW I'm happy...