The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   A GT/CS Trip to Wilmington NC (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/gt-cs-trip-wilmington-nc-536884/)

NC14GT 4/26/15 03:10 PM

A GT/CS Trip to Wilmington NC

5 Attachment(s)
A nice little 4 day trip to the east coast in our GT/CS. Lots of of sun and 'topless' driving. The riverfront area has many restaurants along with the battleship North Carolina. We also went to the local beaches (Kure, Carolina, etc..), the aquarium, and nearby Southport where they filmed Safe Haven a few years ago. A beautiful area. We took the ferry to get there. Here are a few photos.

Attachment 170748

Attachment 170749

Attachment 170750

Attachment 170751

Attachment 170752

tukatz 4/26/15 03:35 PM

Thanks for the report. Looks like a great trip. I love those little open ferries. And your car looks terrific as usual.

My_Wifes_Pony 4/26/15 05:03 PM

Beautiful car. Love that CS front bumper.

NC14GT 4/27/15 01:41 PM

Thanks guys!

SplitSecond 4/27/15 07:47 PM

Sweet car and nice pics! I see you have great taste in cars, I had a red 98 T/A. ;) Though I sold it after I bought my S197. Not enough room in my stable :shame:

NC14GT 4/28/15 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by SplitSecond (Post 6921651)
Sweet car and nice pics! I see you have great taste in cars, I had a red 98 T/A. ;) Though I sold it after I bought my S197. Not enough room in my stable :shame:

That's always the problem. Garage space has made me part with many 'collector' cars I didn't want to sell over the years. I've had my Trans Am since it was new, the longest I have ever owned a car. My GT/CS may be another but it has a ways to go. I get so many compliments with it. On this mini-trip alone I had about 6 or 7.

shaneyusa 4/28/15 10:19 PM

:nice: Very nice!

Thanks for sharing your trip and photos. Great looking car! Looks like a lot of fun. Makes me itch for a little road trip of my own.

DarrenGT 4/28/15 10:31 PM

She's a beauty. They looks so good in white as a convertible. Nice clean lines.

NC14GT 5/1/15 07:35 AM

Thanks again guys. shaneyusa, you live in beautiful country for day trips. For us, we are making a 2 week trek out your way in our Mustang later this summer to visit Glacier National Park and Banff up in Alberta. Yellowstone is also such a blast to visit but we just went there a few years ago.

tukatz 5/1/15 08:57 AM

The Going to the Sun road is spectacular. You're going to love it. Too bad our similar trip is going to be earlier than yours, but we covered that previously.

NC14GT 5/5/15 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6922487)
The Going to the Sun road is spectacular. You're going to love it. Too bad our similar trip is going to be earlier than yours, but we covered that previously.

Yes, that Going to the Sun road was recently described as one of the 10 best drives in the world, not just in the US. Looking forward to it once again. It's been 20 years since our last visit there, and that was in a lousy rental minivan. :shame: With work schedules in the past we weren't able to drive our own car out west due to time constraints. Retirement sure brings that ability to drive all over the US in your own car.