The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   GT/CS sightings in Dallas TX (sorry, no pics) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/gt-cs-sightings-dallas-tx-sorry-no-pics-437020/)

Tres Wright 7/5/06 01:44 PM

GT/CS sightings in Dallas TX (now with pics!!)

PICS ADDED, SEE BELOW.

Sorry, no pics but they look just like the others that have been posted in this forum. I saw both of these at a dealership on Central Expressway between LBJ and the turnpike. One was redfire w/ parchment interior, the other white w/ dove. Both were coupes, had the GT Appearance Package and were automatics.

This is the first time I've seen one in person. The black fade stripes actually use a dot matrix for the fade and on the white paint the dots are VERY apparent. The stripes looked a lot better on the Redfire.

For some reason the pictures I've seen of the black/dove interior make the black look more like a dark grey, but it is indeed black.

The front and rear fascias are one piece. I had been wondering if the black portions were actually separate pieces, but they're not. If you look closely you can see where the parts were masked off and painted (the black part is the unpainted part). The black portion looks like the same material and color as on the V6 side skirts.

I haven't liked the pics I've seen of the rolled exhaust tips and I don't like them in person either. They look too small in diameter. The hood scoop is cool though!

I talked to a salesman that seemed pretty knowledgeable about Mustangs. He said Ford doesn't even have the CS code entered into the system yet, so they have no way of tracking incoming CS's! He's not sure what they may have on the way. They tried tracking GT Appearance Packages and have several inbound, he's guessing most of those will be CS's.

I head up that way about once a week, I'll try to remember to take my camera along next time.

Knight Rider 7/5/06 03:45 PM

darn. wouldve love to see them

Blip 7/5/06 05:56 PM

Hope you can get some pictures.

Interesting the Ford is producing a model not yet coded in the system.

Tres Wright 7/6/06 11:04 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Luckily for me the dealership posted pics of the two cars on their web site. Here is the red one....

Tres Wright 7/6/06 11:04 AM

8 Attachment(s)
And here is the white one...

Rotormd 7/6/06 11:11 AM

Tres Wright,
Are you getting yours at North Central, thats the dealer that has mine on order

lurking_in_sd 7/6/06 01:36 PM

any idear what's up with the "badge" on the lower left of trunk-lid on the white, but not on the redfire?

if possible, it would be cool to see pic of the 'dot matrix fade on the white'

Treadhead 7/6/06 02:04 PM

The Redfire one that I saw at Texas Motors here in Ft Worth doesn't have that badge either. Is it a GT/CS badge? I can't tell.:dunno:

Blip 7/6/06 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by lurking_in_sd
any idear what's up with the "badge" on the lower left of trunk-lid on the white, but not on the redfire?

I wonder if the dealership stuck one of their own logo badges on it?

Tres Wright 7/6/06 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rotormd
Tres Wright,
Are you getting yours at North Central, thats the dealer that has mine on order

Mine is on order in Terrell, it's very close to my house (I live in Forney). I work in Dallas and go to a job site up off of Preston, I was driving by the dealership on Central and just decided to stop in to see if they had any 07's.

Originally Posted by lurking_in_sd

if possible, it would be cool to see pic of the 'dot matrix fade on the white'

Hmmm, I didn't notice that. I'm sure it's a dealership tag, none of the other CS's I've seen pics of had that. They do have the special pony fake gas cap, it says "California Special" on it. The prototype CS had a really hideous decal on the trunk, thankfully they ditched that on the production version. I'll try to get some pics of my own next week.

lurking_in_sd 7/6/06 07:47 PM

thanks --- dealer tag does make sense. no such tag on the white GT/CS in OH (http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49046)

imho, the practice of 'decorating' a vehicle with adverts is a pity.