The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   GT/CS Front Splitter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/gt-cs-front-splitter-475220/)

2007CalSpec 11/28/08 10:49 PM

GT/CS Front Splitter

Hey everyone! I've been thinking of getting a front splitter for my GT/CS. I've seen ones with support rods and they look really cool. That's what I was going for and was going to get a universal one with support rods. Anyway, in my search for a splitter, I found this picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...00splitter.jpg

It's a GT500 factory splitter and the contours matches the GT/CS fascia perfectly. I might go this route instead. What do you think? It's about 70 bucks or so at the Ford dealer from what people have told me.

2k7gtcs 11/28/08 10:57 PM

I think its an excellent option. Probably the best that could be done really. The only problem I have with it is that at the bottom of our GT/CS front bumper covers, especially towards the ends where it meets the wheel wells, there is a bevelled edge that to me doesn't look right with a flat splitter sitting under it. It's almost like a mini chin spoiler molded into the front fascia on the two corners. I'm not sure the splitter looks right on there like that. I'm just thinking out loud here. I would like to see it in person really.

ShowGT 11/29/08 02:00 AM

It's OEM and that's good enough for me!

StangMahn 11/29/08 04:22 AM

that looks good

05fordgt 11/29/08 06:08 AM

I'm really liking that look.

BEBOP 11/29/08 04:53 PM

I'M LIKING THAT SPLITTER ALSO, BUT I LIKE THE COLOR COORDINATED MIRRORS EVEN BETTER

BEBOP 11/29/08 05:02 PM

DO YOU THINK MAYBE THEY PAINTED OVER THE TEXTURE FINISH,LIKE THE LOWER BUMPER.LOOKS SOMEWHAT DULL. BUT A HECK OF ALOT BETTER THAN THE FACTORY FINISH.I'M GOING FOR IT. OFF THEY COME AND TO THE PAINT SHOP.UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS OF A BETTER REPLACEMENT..

2007CalSpec 11/29/08 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BEBOP (Post 5696584)
DO YOU THINK MAYBE THEY PAINTED OVER THE TEXTURE FINISH,LIKE THE LOWER BUMPER.LOOKS SOMEWHAT DULL. BUT A HECK OF ALOT BETTER THAN THE FACTORY FINISH.I'M GOING FOR IT. OFF THEY COME AND TO THE PAINT SHOP.UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS OF A BETTER REPLACEMENT..

Are you talking about the mirrors? The mirrors look like they've been sanded smooth before painting.

The center lip of the fascia looks kind of glossy so they probably painted it. Compare the center lip to the honeycomb pieces next to it and you'll see the difference.

BEBOP 11/30/08 09:48 AM

YES, I SEE THE DIFF. NOW .THANKS ,I GUESS I'LL SAND THE MIRRIORS SMOOTH.I HAVE ALL WINTER .BY THE WAY CALSPEC I INSTALLED THE LOWER GRILL IN MY CS AFTER SEEING YOURS ON THIS SITE ..THANKS MUCH ..

2007CalSpec 11/30/08 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by BEBOP (Post 5696966)
YES, I SEE THE DIFF. NOW .THANKS ,I GUESS I'LL SAND THE MIRRIORS SMOOTH.I HAVE ALL WINTER .BY THE WAY CALSPEC I INSTALLED THE LOWER GRILL IN MY CS AFTER SEEING YOURS ON THIS SITE ..THANKS MUCH ..

My lower grill? I never bought an aftermarket lower grill. I posted about the Silverhorseracing GT/CS lower grill but never got it. What I do have is a home made grill made out of gutter guard mesh from Home Depot. Cost me less than 2 bucks. The mesh openings are smaller than the honeycomb openings on our cars so it does a better job of deflecting road debris.

BEBOP 11/30/08 05:00 PM

SORRY CAL SPEC,I SEE SO MUCH I FORGET WERE I SEE IT .ANY WAY GUTTER GUARD IS COOL.WHEN I WAS INTO DOING STREET RODS I MADE ALOT OF HOME MADE PARTS AND THEY WORK . THE SILVER HORSE LOWER GRILL LOOKS GOOD AND INSTALLED IN NO TIME. .I BET THAT GUTTER MESH WOULD WORK BEHIND IT.I LIKE THE MATCHING MESH GIVES IT A FACTORY LOOK..NOW I HAVE MORE WORK ON THE LIST THIS WINTER..I HAVE HEAT IN THE GARAGE SO IT WON'T BE TOO BAD..CYA

jjw368 11/30/08 06:04 PM

I like the splitter. The previous owner had the outter lower parts of the GT/CS bumper cover painted to match the mirrors (actually paited the whole lower piece but the normally black center section is flaking off). I am thinking of having it returned to original (clearcoat black UA), but if I went with the splitter, it might look better to leave it. Comments......

GONE_N_60 12/12/08 12:34 PM

I've read that it took a lot of cutting and modding to get that splitter to fit on a GT bumper. Would it be the same for the CS?

jay_wx 12/12/08 09:57 PM

I wouldn't think so, the regular GT bumper is much different along that lower edge, it's more rounded along the bottom and has a large raised center area that really doesn't match up well to the GT500 piece.

GONE_N_60 12/13/08 12:43 AM

I want this for my car so bad. I wonder if the owner of the car pictured could chime in on the install?

Torrence 12/13/08 12:53 AM

A front splitter should have been available for this bumper by now.

GONE_N_60 12/13/08 01:06 AM

I agree. Especially now that I have perfected parking with this car. (I back up into every spot every time)

Torrence 12/13/08 01:22 AM

My front bumper is scraped to hell... You should be alright, your signature doesn't say your car is lowered.... What a pain....

GONE_N_60 12/13/08 02:08 AM

Unfortunately my car is still bone stock. It just seems that Las Vegas has curbs and parking blocks, set 1 1/2 inches higher than what I was used to in Illinois. I've been out here for three years and still find a way to stop short, get out and make sure I have room still to park. The front plastic piece of the intrepid I used to have was gristle and that thing was a 4x4 compared to the Mustang.

GONE_N_60 12/21/08 12:57 PM

I found a write up on installing it but on the GT. I would imagine that it would be different from installing it on a CS but its a starting point i guess.

http://forums.stangnet.com/738399-gt...lation-gt.html

07 GT/CS 12/21/08 01:43 PM

I've been toying with the idea of making one out of aluminum. I saw in another post how a buy made a piece of aluminum to go under his existing aftermarket splitter to protect it from scrapes. I'm wondering if I could buy the Ford one, then use it as a template to cut out an all alluminum splitter minus the ends that go up into the wheel well. Once I made a template, I could cut several out of a sheet of aluminum and then just paint them black. Just brainstorming....

MustHaveStang 12/26/08 11:59 AM

I just got the GT500 splitter for my 08 CS. I will post one how much work it is to install with some pictures when I get it on.

GONE_N_60 12/26/08 07:56 PM

SWEET!!! :popcorn:

05fordgt 12/26/08 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by MustHaveStang (Post 5714466)
I just got the GT500 splitter for my 08 CS. I will post one how much work it is to install with some pictures when I get it on.

AWESOME!!! Also, when you get it installed, and take pics, can you take a picture showing a ruler next to the chin spoiler? I ask, as I want to see how much ground clearance is left once its added to the front of the CS bumper. Thanks for the help and look forward to your review/install tips, and pics. :nice:

slowjoe24 12/26/08 09:57 PM

I like that!!

PTRocks 12/27/08 09:37 AM

Yessss! Pics please!

MustHaveStang 12/27/08 12:50 PM

Will do. Probably be next weekend before I do the install. I am going to pick up some new plugs to hold it on. I have already taken my front end down a couple of times and noticed that the existing plugs aren't holding as tight anymore. I assume you mean measurement from the bottom of the splitter to the ground for the ground clearance.

05fordgt 12/30/08 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by MustHaveStang (Post 5714957)
Will do. Probably be next weekend before I do the install. I am going to pick up some new plugs to hold it on. I have already taken my front end down a couple of times and noticed that the existing plugs aren't holding as tight anymore. I assume you mean measurement from the bottom of the splitter to the ground for the ground clearance.

Yes, thank you. I just wanted to see how much ground clearance is lost with adding the GT500 chin splitter. Thanks for the help and can't wait to see how it looks. :nice:

Rebel73 12/31/08 02:22 PM

Yah baby! I'm keeping an eye on this thread...

MustHaveStang 1/3/09 02:52 PM

Okay bad news. Went out today to install the splitter and ended up not doing it. I disasembled the existing pieces and placed the chin spoiler on the car. A couple of things, almost none of the mouting points matched up. It is almost as if they intentionally moved many of the mounting points off just a bit so they could not be used. I know that I could drill out new mounting holes on the spoiler and if that was the only problem I might have done it. The bumper on the GT500 is flat all the way across and the bumper on the CS is indented in the middle. While looking down like the picture at the beginning of this thread, it does not look too bad, but from a more straight on view, it does not look very good, at least I didn't think so. Not a crack on anybody else's car, just didn't work for me. So while with a bit of fabrication and work it could probably be made to work, it just was not the look I was wanting or hoping for, so I decided not to do the mod, I want a more polished look than I felt this gave.

As far as ground clearance, it looks like you would loose about 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch with the splitter installed.

Sorry everybody, but it just was not working for me.

ricksGT/CS 1/3/09 03:37 PM

check out the Saleen one ,

2007CalSpec 1/4/09 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS (Post 5719503)
check out the Saleen one ,

The Saleen one is definitely similar to our GT/CS's; at least the bottom portion. There's definitely a gap in the center section but they have separators under there and it looks pretty good.

PTRocks 1/4/09 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by MustHaveStang (Post 5719462)
Okay bad news. Went out today to install the splitter and ended up not doing it. I disasembled the existing pieces and placed the chin spoiler on the car. A couple of things, almost none of the mouting points matched up. It is almost as if they intentionally moved many of the mounting points off just a bit so they could not be used. I know that I could drill out new mounting holes on the spoiler and if that was the only problem I might have done it. The bumper on the GT500 is flat all the way across and the bumper on the CS is indented in the middle. While looking down like the picture at the beginning of this thread, it does not look too bad, but from a more straight on view, it does not look very good, at least I didn't think so. Not a crack on anybody else's car, just didn't work for me. So while with a bit of fabrication and work it could probably be made to work, it just was not the look I was wanting or hoping for, so I decided not to do the mod, I want a more polished look than I felt this gave.

As far as ground clearance, it looks like you would loose about 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch with the splitter installed.

Sorry everybody, but it just was not working for me.

Any chance you can post some pics of the issues? I really like the look of the part, and I'm willing to consider engineering a solution.

2007CalSpec 1/4/09 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks (Post 5720186)
Any chance you can post some pics of the issues? I really like the look of the part, and I'm willing to consider engineering a solution.

He's talking about the gap in the middle section between our fascia and the GT500 spoiler.

Here's a pic of a Saleen fascia that has a bottom edge similar to the CS's. The Saleen also has a front splitter and you could see the gap in the middle between the splitter and the bottom of the fascia. The Saleen one has vertical separators in the gap though. I think it looks good nonetheless. I'll probably still get the GT500 splitter and install it on my CS. I don't mind that gap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...08/Saleend.jpg

PTRocks 1/4/09 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec (Post 5720236)
He's talking about the gap in the middle section between our fascia and the GT500 spoiler.

Here's a pic of a Saleen fascia that has a bottom edge similar to the CS's. The Saleen also has a front splitter and you could see the gap in the middle between the splitter and the bottom of the fascia. The Saleen one has vertical separators in the gap though. I think it looks good nonetheless. I'll probably still get the GT500 splitter and install it on my CS. I don't mind that gap.

I don't mind the gap either, but MustHaveStang was also talking about the fact that none of the holes lined up. This is the issue I want to look at.

I prefer the GT500 splitter because of it's overall profile. The fact that it is narrower in the middle ties in nicely with the center of the bumper, plus the way it extends around to the front of the wheel opening, which the Saleen version does not.

EastCoast07GtCs 1/4/09 04:41 PM

I'm going to do a little more research on the mounting, but after seeing the GT install threads on other sites, I think this might be worth the effort, it's a good look.

ricksGT/CS 1/5/09 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by EastCoast07GtCs (Post 5720332)
I'm going to do a little more research on the mounting, but after seeing the GT install threads on other sites, I think this might be worth the effort, it's a good look.

just trying to help:dunno:

EastCoast07GtCs 1/5/09 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS (Post 5721159)
just trying to help:dunno:

No doubt! :nice: I appreciate the input very much Richard.

05fordgt 1/5/09 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by EastCoast07GtCs (Post 5720332)

What's up buddy! How is the block searching going? Let me know how this splitter works out. I'm probably gonna get my CS front bumper painted this spring. :metal:

MustHaveStang 1/6/09 05:12 PM

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Yes I was talking about the gap where the lower bumper is inset on the CS, and I think the Saleen splitter looks better there. It was must more work than I was looking to do, but if somebody is pretty good with fabrication then they could probably make this look good. Sorry I did not take any pictures, but I never actually installed the splitter, just held it in place, took measurements and checked out the alignment and mounting points. I look forward to hear what other peoples experience is if they decide to do the install.

paratroopertlb 12/26/09 10:57 PM

anyone on here try round two on the installation of the splitter? Just curious if there were any pictures taken. I know this thread is really old.

2007s197 8/19/10 11:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Bump

Anyone have any new ideas or info to add this topic?

Would be nice if there was a GT500 style chin for the c/s front fascia.

The 2006 H&R show car had a splitter on it and it looks very nice on the c/s front fascia.
It was apparently made by a company called camtec but I cannot find out anything about Camtec though as I would like to contact them to see if they are interested in making a few on a group buy so a few of us can get one.

Anyone know anything more about this company?

Here are a few shots of the car.

2007CalSpec 8/19/10 01:00 PM

Here's the only retailer that sells a CS front splitter that I know of.

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Mustang...y_GT_07_09.htm

Notice that the splitter is made by APR. I was going to have one custom made by APR but didn't want to go through the hassle. It's nice that Bangastang now carries them.

Javdog 8/25/10 11:29 PM

Trufiber is working on one for our GT/CS stand by for further info.

Scruffy281 8/26/10 10:48 AM

This should also work on the GT/CS, I believe it is the same as the Shelby GT front?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/shelbygt.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...shelbygt-1.jpg

2007CalSpec 8/27/10 11:20 PM

^
Never seen that one before. I wonder who makes it.

Scruffy281 8/28/10 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec (Post 5938406)
^
Never seen that one before. I wonder who makes it.

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/

I use it on my GT500, awesome looking piece. http://www.raceskinz.us.com/product_...roducts_id=134

Shotokan1509 8/29/10 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 5938557)

Carbon fiber yes, cool, but ouch on the price

Scruffy281 8/30/10 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509 (Post 5939232)
Carbon fiber yes, cool, but ouch on the price

Real Carbon isn't inexpensive but these pieces are delicious. They also have the Rockers and Rear Splitter that fit the GT/CS. :hail:

michschi 3/24/11 02:05 PM

I know this thread is retarded old, but I still don't see my CS, Shelby GT rocking the GT500 splitter and I am not sure why.

Modifications to GT500 splitter to fit.
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/445737ef.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/463ce937.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/IMG_2569.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/IMG_2570.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/IMG_2571.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/IMG_2574.jpg

2007CalSpec 3/24/11 05:38 PM

^ that looks really nice but I'm no longer looking to add the GT500 splitter since I lowered my car even more. Going up/down driveways is bad enough right now.

09cs 4/21/11 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by michschi (Post 6037375)

So you jest need to trim those two sides or something?

G Wrecks 4/26/11 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 09cs (Post 6056847)
So you jest need to trim those two sides or something?

yeah

09cs 4/26/11 05:27 PM

That seems like a simple mod to do!

Scott2 4/27/11 07:49 AM

Ordered my GT500 front splitter today (panel 7R3Z*17626*AB).

09cs 4/29/11 09:20 PM

Let us know how it goes! Post pics up too!

Scott2 4/30/11 04:40 AM

^ Will do, but my car goes in for paint Monday (Cervini Type IV Hood and GT500 Spoiler) so It will be awhile before I can start the splitter install.

ricksGT/CS 4/30/11 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2 (Post 6063087)
^ Will do, but my car goes in for paint Monday (Cervini Type IV Hood and GT500 Spoiler) so It will be awhile before I can start the splitter install.

OK,,, we all need to see pictures when done, :nice:

Starfire 5/8/11 08:11 AM

I put one on mine, got a used one for cheap, haven't decided if I like it, not sure if I have pics with it on.

Starfire 5/8/11 01:53 PM

http://www.starfiregraphics.net/stang/CSsplit.jpg

Scott2 5/8/11 04:39 PM

^ I like it, looks good!

09cs 5/15/11 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Starfire (Post 6069026)

I like it, got any in color?

Starfire 5/16/11 03:09 PM

Yeah but the car is White and black so it won't look much different.

09cs 5/19/11 11:56 AM

True lol

AustinSpeedz 12/23/11 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by michschi
I know this thread is retarded old, but I still don't see my CS, Shelby GT rocking the GT500 splitter and I am not sure why.

Modifications to GT500 splitter to fit.

The GT500 splitter looks amazing on your SGT! The reason I bought the same splitter yesterday for my black GT/CS! Thanks for the install pics, really will save me a lot of time! Your car is the best looking mustang I think I've ever seen. And the car I'm hoping to make mine similar to. Already have the black Shelby grille, splitter, and striker hood pins on the way! Can't believe how much people want for the CS40s wheels though! A little out of the ball park for me, but I'm still looking! Your car was the wallpaper on my iPad for awhile. Just an amazing looking car you have!

McNeely16 6/11/12 12:44 AM

That looks great! Where can I pick one of these splitters up? Anymore pics out there?

rony1976 11/13/12 01:58 PM

Heads up if anyone is looking for the GT500 splitter, tascaparts dot com has them for $130 shipped. Cheapest I found around (everything on ebay is north of $200).

I got mine on the way, hopefully it will be installed soon

2005GTDELUXE 11/17/12 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by rony1976 (Post 6490046)
Heads up if anyone is looking for the GT500 splitter, tascaparts dot com has them for $130 shipped. Cheapest I found around (everything on ebay is north of $200).

I got mine on the way, hopefully it will be installed soon

Thanks for the info, thats a good price i'm considering it.

Javdog 11/18/12 12:31 PM

thanks for the heads up, this is a great deal

rony1976 2/1/13 11:12 AM

Took a few weeks for them to inform me that the shipping was going to be over $100 instead of the $13 they initially quoted! Scratch that, it is not a good deal...

Javdog 2/4/13 06:33 PM

$100 for shipping WTH are they smoking, thats alot for shipping

GT/CS Guy 2/7/13 08:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok. Here's the scoop. I don't know about you guys that already have one, but I found a brand new 2009 GT500 splitter at my local dealership for $185. I snagged it. Turns out, it doesn't fit for crap. only FOUR of the 15 holes or so line up. I had to drill new holes and use bolts/nuts to secure the splitter. None of the holes on the inner fender well line up either. Had to use new screws there as well.

If you remove the original piece that the splitter sits under, you don't have to mod the splitter at all! It goes right up in place and it replaces the function of the old piece. Except for pretty much none of the holes lining up, it fits well. Regardless, I have it installed and secured. Here are some pics. Opinions....?

Attachment 202103

Attachment 202104

Attachment 202105

Attachment 202106

Attachment 202107

SilverSkoundrel 2/7/13 09:27 PM

Looks mucho bueno

2k7gtcs 2/7/13 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 6548649)
Looks mucho bueno

Great

Now I want a taco

SilverSkoundrel 2/7/13 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6548673)

Great

Now I want a taco

:cheers:

Wades GT 2/7/13 10:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to make all new holes for mine to fit

Attachment 202100
Attachment 202101

I used this weather stripping to cover the factory premade holes and to also fill the center gap in a little bit
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...40709700_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...47828550_n.jpg

Wades GT 2/7/13 10:29 PM

Here is a couple more finished pics

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...40924478_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...13688393_n.jpg

GT/CS Guy 2/7/13 10:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Looks great but I couldn't get mine to come out as far as yours. The forward edge of mine is just about flush with the forward part of the bumper. The only holes that lined up were the two on either side of the center line for the plastic fasteners and the 7/32" bolts for the lower engine shroud. This is the best I could get it. I might tinker with it some more tomorrow.

Attachment 202094

Attachment 202095

Attachment 202096

Attachment 202097

Wades GT 2/7/13 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy (Post 6548711)
Looks great but I couldn't get mine to come out as far as yours. The forward edge of mine is just about flush with the forward part of the bumper. The only holes that lined up were the two on either side of the center line for the plastic fasteners and the 7/32" bolts for the lower engine shroud. This is the best I could get it. I might tinker with it some more tomorrow.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/SAM_0523.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/SAM_0522.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/SAM_0521.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/SAM_0524.jpg

I didn't use those holes. I drilled new ones.... posting a pic here in a second

Wades GT 2/7/13 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 202093

-The red marks is where I drilled my new holes

-The shaded grey area is where I made an extension so the new splitter bolted to the splash shield

-The blue marks are ovaled holes I made in the new extesion so I would have a little adjustment to work with

The holes are not exactly as pictured, this is just a rough map to give you an idea how I did this.

GT/CS Guy 2/7/13 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wades GT (Post 6548737)

-The red marks is where I drilled my new holes

-The shaded grey area is where I made an extension so the new splitter bolted to the splash shield

-The blue marks are ovaled holes I made in the new extesion so I would have a little adjustment to work with

The holes are not exactly as pictured, this is just a rough map to give you an idea how I did this.

Awesome. Thanks. I'll mess around with it tomorrow and see if I can make it more resemble the way it's supposed to.

GT/CS Guy 2/8/13 02:39 PM

Nope. No joy. With the edges screwed into place along the wheel well, there's no give for the splitter to come any more forward than it already is, so even if I could completely remove it, drill new holes and mount it back up in place, the action of moving it forward so the front sticks out past the front bumper, makes the edges that are supposed to secure to the wheel well end up being too far forward and don't even enter the wheel well.

Does that make sense?

Nunja Business 2/8/13 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy (Post 6549159)
Nope. No joy. With the edges screwed into place along the wheel well, there's no give for the splitter to come any more forward than it already is, so even if I could completely remove it, drill new holes and mount it back up in place, the action of moving it forward so the front sticks out past the front bumper, makes the edges that are supposed to secure to the wheel well end up being too far forward and don't even enter the wheel well.

Does that make sense?

That makes plenty of sense.
And no surprise really, since the part was engineered and designed for a different vehicle with very different measurements and tolerances.

Kind of like someone sticking a Porsche whaletail spoiler on a VW Bug.
Well maybe not that much like it. :heh:

GT/CS Guy 2/8/13 08:00 PM

Yeah, I'll just leave it like it is and be happy with it.

Wades GT 2/8/13 10:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 202058
Attachment 202059
Attachment 202060
Attachment 202061
Attachment 202062

I will post a step by step next....

Wades GT 2/8/13 10:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 202053
Red marks are where your ovaled holes need to be made. I use a dremel.

Attachment 202054
Blue holes are made for adapter and holes in the adapter.

Attachment 202055
Adapter is now mounted to the splitter.

Attachment 202056
Cut a piece of weather stripping... see pics I poster yesterday for pics of weather strip

Attachment 202057
Weather strip goes over the holes made by the factory

Wades GT 2/8/13 11:05 PM

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...47828550_n.jpg
Here is the weather strip....

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...40709700_n.jpg
Here is the weather strip on the splitter....

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...13688393_n.jpg
Here is a front view of the splitter installed

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...40924478_n.jpg
Here is a top view

GT/CS Guy 2/9/13 12:37 AM

Can you shoot a pic of where it attaches to your wheel well? If I move the splitter up to where you have it marked, then the areas that attach to the wheel well don't reach the wheel well.

Wades GT 2/9/13 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy (Post 6549667)
Can you shoot a pic of where it attaches to your wheel well? If I move the splitter up to where you have it marked, then the areas that attach to the wheel well don't reach the wheel well.

I'll get a pic when I get up. The splitter fits the wheel well just fine.

Worse case... send me your splitter and I'll fix it for you and send it back to you.. just a thought

GT/CS Guy 2/9/13 12:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Wades GT (Post 6549675)
I'll get a pic when I get up. The splitter fits the wheel well just fine.

Worse case... send me your splitter and I'll fix it for you and send it back to you.. just a thought

Thanks. Here's my problem. If I move the splitter forward so it's not flush with the existing bumper cover...

Attachment 202051

...then this will be moved forward as well and won't fit anymore. It will be too short....

Attachment 202052

Wades GT 2/9/13 07:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 202049
Attachment 202050

Im going to my club install day and my car will be on the lift, so I will take some pics for you and I'll post them when I get home this afternoon.

GT/CS Guy 2/9/13 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 202037

I completely removed the splitter and the angle of this piece is the same on and off the car. Either I have a different bumper cover than you, or I have the wrong year of splitter. That's all I can do.