The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   GT/CS? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/gt-cs-470319/)

05gtvert7 7/11/08 09:51 PM

GT/CS?

Just flew to Phoenix, AZ to purchase what was advertised as a 2007 GT/CS on Autotrader at Larry Miller Dodge Hyundai...Only 10,013 miles and in mint condition and it definitely looks the part with everything that is offered with the CS package...No way to get a copy of the original window sticker, not from Ford or the original dealer...Tried getting an oasis report from the local dealership and they are idiots...They printed out a quarter of a page of nothing much...Any suggestions on how I can confirm that I bought a real GT/CS?...

2k7gtcs 7/11/08 10:22 PM

Someone like Karman, fiveohbrian, or 05fordgt should be able to get you what you need. Look them up on member list and shoot them a pm. I've seen or heard of them doing similar things for other Mustang owners.

CalStang'07 7/12/08 06:53 AM

I'll Bet That yours is a Real GT/CS!!

Chances are that if this Stang has all of the listed parts for a 2007 GT/CS and with such low miles, it is probably 99% that it is a real Cal!! This, because it would just cost more to copy this model version, with buying the correct parts (Interior, nose/rear panels, side scoops, side stripes, wheels/tires etc.) from Ford than to just buy a nice GT/CS out right!! Know the man that may be able to set you up with the Ford build data on your GT/CS. He is a fellow design engineer and also a GT/CS owner, who just happens to work for the Big Blue Oval there in Motortown. He got us all of the build dates and data for our own 2007 CalStang. His name is Jeff and he is also a member of this forum at (jeffvistagtcs). Good luck on this and let us know when you proven your own Stang's heritage. "RC" :burnout:

Dougxox 7/12/08 07:29 AM

hardest / most expensive part to clone on a CS is the seats, they should be two tone, either black/dove or black/parchment. if that is the case most likely it is a CS, the other parts are the obvious, tape stripe, front and rear bumpers and side scoops.
Something else the dealer can run is a HBOM report.. look for keys like the CS tape stripe and two tone seats.
Good luck

08GTCandyApple 7/12/08 08:05 AM

I agree, most people will change the exterior before they change the interior to look like a CS. Let's see some pics.

bztz4m 7/12/08 12:17 PM

If you want to PM me your VIN I can go down to my local Ford dealer and get your HVBoM report and scan it and email you the copy.

Ron

05gtvert7 7/13/08 09:01 PM

Thanks so much for the helpful responses...I feel much better about the situation seeing as how the car has everything mentioned above...I am contacting Jeff and Ron to further my research...Once again, I really appreciate the help...Will post pics in a day or two...

07stangKD 7/14/08 01:01 PM

Don't forget about those special floormats that say "Mustang". Why they don't say California Special, or GT/CS, or anything to indicate they are special is beyone me.

watchdevil 7/14/08 10:58 PM

Don't forget too that the GT/CS does not have the holes in the fenders for GT emblems. If it was a GT then the holes would have to be filled or the fenders switched and painted. Either way if it was fake then there would likely be some evidence of filling or switching, especially if the fenders are missing original VIN number labels.

jeffvistagtcs 7/15/08 05:01 AM

If you did not get your confirmation yet, send me your VIN number and I will let you know if you have a real GT/CS. I can run the build information for you.:nice::grin:

GottaHaveIt 7/15/08 05:10 AM

At least I feel better that I had a factory order that was listed as made for the GT/CS although it really does not look that much differn't had I just had a reular GT & just added the stuff on, Ford knows but when you look at the sheet it really makes you wonder.

bztz4m 7/15/08 09:42 AM

Jeff I sent Rick his HVBoM report but can you access the OASIS report? If so maybe get that report for him since that report show the 2 feature codes that state the car is a California Special.

If you need his VIN I will email that to you when I get home.

Ron

jeffvistagtcs 7/15/08 10:29 AM

Ron,

I don't seem to have access to this report.

bztz4m 7/15/08 10:54 AM

OK thanks for checking. I know the parts dept. uses this report maybe I will check with my local Ford dealer.

Ron

GottaHaveIt 7/15/08 09:21 PM

I could ask a friend @ Ford and an explanation of out GT/CS how do we know it's registard as a GT/CS and not is it a GT dressed up ? shoot me a Vin I'll send it to him. Mine is 1ZVFT85H375293143 ed

2005GTDELUXE 7/16/08 06:40 AM

as some posts have above stated. I know the interior would be the hardest. It should have black carpet. the standard gt have dove and parchment carpet unless they used a ptp color accent interior with black carpet, however in that case the dash would be all black, also like above the mustang logo mats , however i heard those mats were supplied to some of the se V6 units.

05gtvert7 7/21/08 08:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks again for all the helpful responses...Ron confirmed for me that I do indeed have a GT/CS and he obtained and sent me a HVBoM report...I contacted the dealer from which I bought my black 05 GT vert and the service manager is going to try and run an oasis report for me tomorrow...Proud to be part of a unique group...Posting a couple of pics...

Dougxox 7/21/08 08:38 PM

Congrads, sharp car!

CalStang'07 7/22/08 01:12 PM

Holy Moly Hotty!!

Holy Moly!! You got yourself a Hotty GT/CS Vert! Congrats on finding the correct heritage Sir!! Never doubted it, with such low miles!! Noted that it is shown with aftermarket tires and wheels. Nice!! Did you do that or did it come that way? Just wondering if you had the factory bullitt wheels for it too? As that will probably add some collector value for you, if you ever plan on selling or trading up for a future Mustang upgrade. CalStang :nice:

Rebel73 7/31/08 04:57 PM

hey guys, so 20-30 years down the road, the only way to prove we have a CS is with the Window sticker, correct?

Has anyone else framed theirs? =)