The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Got my CS! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/got-my-cs-517753/)

Nunja Business 1/18/13 06:23 PM

Got my CS!

1 Attachment(s)
I am as excited as a little girl on her first real date.
I bought my car and she is gorgeous and extremely well-behaved. I spent more than I had planned ... but then I had planned on **** near stealing it! :heh:

2007 Vista Blue GT/CS Convertible with a custom BLUE and Black leather interior (only one I know of so far.) The previous owner spent a potload of money on this work as it is really well done and looks spectacular. Pictures will be coming to the gallery soon. It also has billet grilles on the front, which I think look very nicely subdued and classy.

Very impressed with the first 100 miles or so. Averaging over 23MPG with some spirited driving on my commute. I used to get 25-28 with the Miata, so I will take it! Tracks beautifully and smoothly on curves and the seats are super-comfy with a headrest you can actually use. Amazing.

Since I knew I was getting it this morning, I burned a CD of MP3s last night to play after I left the stealership. Labeled it "That 70s Disc" and put my favorite albums by Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Santana, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Rush, Bob Marley and Yes on it. Plugged that sucker in and started Shuffle mode. The ride and the music took me back to my teen years driving in my first Pony, a '67 coupe and listening to the local Rock station.

Suffice it to say, I'm a happy camper. :D
Attachment 216252

topbliss 1/18/13 07:38 PM

Congrats!! Another 07 vert! Beautiful

SilverSkoundrel 1/18/13 10:09 PM

Is a great car!

Scott2 1/19/13 05:18 AM

Very nice, enjoy!

Nunja Business 1/19/13 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2 (Post 6533930)
Very nice, enjoy!

Believe me, I am. I am finding every excuse I can to go out and get in it and drive.
Replaced the air filter, oil change with Castrol Full Synth, nitrogen in the tires and seafoam in the gas tank. Also took the fugly dealer decal off the back.
Now I just need a nice couple of hours on the road to play. :heh:

My gallery has begun: https://themustangsource.com/members...s-convertible/

pilatti1 1/19/13 04:40 PM

Good Luck and you also have the best color out there. I love mine with 88k on it and it still as fun as day 1...drive it & enjoy it!!!

ford4v429 1/19/13 04:46 PM

Congrats! that interior is very nicely done, never seen one like it.

had my 06 for 7 years already, and its still as fun as the day I picked it up, never dreamed a new car could be so fun...thought those days were gone long before I started driving...the 60's cars were very cool, but a 13 second, 24 mpg, comfortable car that looks great, stops on a dime, corners like its on rails and sounds better than just about anything since the 60's...the good old days were gone for a while, but came back better than ever - in 2020 hope its still bringing the same grin for you too- and hope mines still going too :)

06blackvertstang 1/19/13 04:53 PM

I can imagine how excited you are! First off convertibles rule, and second you've got the best blue there is! Very very sharp car. And I like that interior too!

frank s 1/19/13 10:59 PM

Mmmmm mmm. Life is good!

rich03GT 1/20/13 12:25 AM

Congrats!!! Sweet ride!!

Nunja Business 1/20/13 01:46 PM

Finally got the wife to saddle up and ride with me. Took her to lunch at Red Lobster (her favorite) but the nearest one is 50 miles away (he says knowingly, wink wink.) The ride to and on the interstate was smooth as buttah and my dear wife was suitably impressed. I guess she won't be TOO jealous of the new girl after all!

BRADGTCS 1/20/13 02:13 PM

Take care of that GTCS They are limited editions and will be worth something. I recently saw a restored 68CS it was appraised at 30K.

2005GTDELUXE 1/20/13 03:24 PM

Welcome and congrats. I see blue stitching on the seats. I wonder did they dye the grey seat inserts and stiching blue cause it looks perfect!!!In any event is a great looking GT/CS and enjoy. :metal::metal::metal:

Nunja Business 1/20/13 07:41 PM

Regarding collectability, I have read that in several places.
In fact, my wife said to me: "If you keep it up and take care of it, it could be our grandson's first car!" He is 5 right now.
I didn't have the heart to tell her I plan to still be driving it then.

Regarding the leather. No, I don't believe these were just dyed. The stitching looks better than Ford's usual product.

On another note, I just bought the first "presents" for my new girl.
Picked up a set of hood struts and a strut tower brace from Moss Motors.
They have a really decent sale going on right now and shipping was free.

NC14GT 1/21/13 08:06 AM

The prior owner certainly did put some $$ into it which is always a good sign of 'upkeep'. How many miles on it? The tread on that tire looks familiar, like the original BFG perhaps??

Nunja Business 1/21/13 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS (Post 6535448)
The prior owner certainly did put some $$ into it which is always a good sign of 'upkeep'. How many miles on it? The tread on that tire looks familiar, like the original BFG perhaps??

LOL, no they are Kumhos. That's another thing I will need to get shortly too.

The car only had 74K and change on it when I bought it Friday morning. It is now much closer to 75K. :nice:

NC14GT 1/22/13 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nunja Business (Post 6535691)
LOL, no they are Kumhos. That's another thing I will need to get shortly too.

OK, my bad. I just bought a set of the Goodyear Eagle GT for mine. Very impressed so far with the handling, and especially in the rain. They are the original stock 18" size. I wrote about the tires and TPMS in a post in this same section around Christmas. It might be helpful.

Samolet 1/22/13 04:19 AM

Congrats!!:nice:

Nunja Business 1/22/13 06:22 AM

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.
While working on/playing with it this weekend I discovered the joys of heated seats!

Apparently, I also have the 1UP or whatever gives the changeable dash lights. Too bad the stereo isn't connected to that. Looks pretty dumb to have non-changeable green lights there when the sky is the limit for the rest!

MikuhlBrian 1/22/13 03:23 PM

The car looks really sweet. Congrats on the purchase. I know exactly how you feel when you get the car moving with the top down, best feeling in the world.