2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Finally pulled the trigger on a CS front.

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/11, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a CS front.

So I've been kicking myself forever over not getting a CS. I finally decided to add the fascias, since I think they're the best for our cars (I'm sure a few of you might agree...lol). Tonight I ordered the front with accessories from Late Model Restoration after seeing Graypny had a good experience with them.

My question is, how much would be a good estimate for prep and paint on the fascia? I don't need them to put it together or mount it for me, that's pretty easy, but I'm not a body guy and I'd like this to look nice. Just lookin for a ballpark here.
Old 5/27/11, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mackitraz
So I've been kicking myself forever over not getting a CS. I finally decided to add the fascias, since I think they're the best for our cars (I'm sure a few of you might agree...lol). Tonight I ordered the front with accessories from Late Model Restoration after seeing Graypny had a good experience with them.

My question is, how much would be a good estimate for prep and paint on the fascia? I don't need them to put it together or mount it for me, that's pretty easy, but I'm not a body guy and I'd like this to look nice. Just lookin for a ballpark here.
CS fascia on Vista GT for the win!
Old 5/27/11, 08:31 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Justin,

You are going to really like the GT/CS Fascias.
And they did my Hood also. (Paint)
I had them done some Months back.
Here is what it ran me but they did it all.
The Total cost for doing all the work and the parts was $2,273.08.

tigerhonaker
Old 5/27/11, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Had both my front and rear CS fascia done at the same time and I want to say the total was about $750. But that included masking and painting the stripes, so a single solid color would have been less. You'll love it when it's done!
Old 5/27/11, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Also, not sure what the front license plate laws are in VA, but if you have to run a front plate, I'd highly recommend looking into something that doesn't require you drilling holes in the front bumper. Here's what I went with:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html

Plate up:

Plate down:

Old 5/27/11, 09:43 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by STL-GT
Also, not sure what the front license plate laws are in VA, but if you have to run a front plate, I'd highly recommend looking into something that doesn't require you drilling holes in the front bumper. Here's what I went with:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html

Plate up:

Plate down:

Jeff,

Looking Awesome man.

tigerhonaker
Old 5/27/11, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks! Ditto!
Old 5/27/11, 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine cost me $800 cash with the stripes and that was just for the front fascia. The guy did this after work at the body shop that he works at. The owner let's them do this on the side to make some extra bucks. Nice guy! BTW I think you will really like the front fascia, I love mine.

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 5/27/11 at 05:44 PM.
Old 5/27/11, 08:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

First off, you guys have some great looking cars. I hope one day someone will say half the nice things about mine that I know people say about yours! I really really love Bullitts done with CS fascias especially.

When I picked up my car originally, they drilled the license plate in without asking me, someone dies if they do it this time. In fact, I think I'm going to deliver the car and remove the front plate and screws so they aren't even there to mount, along with a note about the relationship between my fascia and my favorite Rottweiler...

I'm definitely doing a plate mount instead. So without stripes, 400-500 is probably a good ballpark? Is there anything I can do ahead of time to save myself some bucks without knowing much about bodywork, or should I just let them handle it?

Budget is kinda tight, so it'll probably be some time before I can put some pics up, but I'll definitely have some up when it's all done. Can't wait, I've got some hood struts, parking lights and a bullitt grill to install too when I get this on there.
Old 5/28/11, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

When I picked up my car originally, they drilled the license plate in without asking me, someone dies if they do it this time. In fact, I think I'm going to deliver the car and remove the front plate and screws so they aren't even there to mount, along with a note about the relationship between my fascia and my favorite Rottweiler...
Hahha I was reminding my shop daily.. he ended up taking me out there and showing me the huge note taped to it for no front plate

Last edited by Shotokan1509; 5/28/11 at 08:11 AM.
Old 5/28/11, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm definitely doing a plate mount instead. So without stripes, 400-500 is probably a good ballpark? Is there anything I can do ahead of time to save myself some bucks without knowing much about bodywork, or should I just let them handle it?

Budget is kinda tight, so it'll probably be some time before I can put some pics up, but I'll definitely have some up when it's all done. Can't wait, I've got some hood struts, parking lights and a bullitt grill to install too when I get this on there.
I'd say $400-$500 is a good ballpark. There's not really a whole lot of prep that needs to be done beforehand, so I'd just let the body shop handle it.

Looking forward to pics!
Old 5/28/11, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Great choice looks awesome
Old 5/28/11, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just picked one up myself! Luckily, I work for a auto dealership with a bodyshop and got a pretty good deal with both the bumper and paint! But I would agree that just paint should probably be around $400-$500...
Old 5/29/11, 02:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it ,looks very nice
Old 5/30/11, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Quick question. I think I know the answer, but responses in another thread about smoothing the texture of a CS/GT500 rear got me wondering.

Does the CS fascia come pre-primed? I know Graypny got his at Late Model Resto, don't know if anyone else went thru them. I just saw it mentioned that Ford sends em primed if you order thru a dealer (correct me if I'm wrong on this please).
Old 5/30/11, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

The lower portion of both the front and rear CS fascias will need to be smoothed. You'll only have to smooth the rear if you want it painted like a CS rather than like a GT500. The lower sides of the front bumper will need to be smoothed unless you want to leave the entire bottom black rather than just the center splitter.

Bought both sets of CS fascia for my GTs through Ford dealers and both had to be smoothed. But they did come primed.

Last edited by STL-GT; 5/30/11 at 05:34 PM.
Old 5/30/11, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can you do the smoothing yourself? I have LOTS of experience sanding, but normally on metal and wood surfaces.

Typically I have 320, 400, 600 and 1500 grit sandpaper on hand. Not sure how much it'll get gummed up on plastic.

If I'm totally off base here, tell me to let a professional do it. I'd rather have it look good than ->
Old 5/30/11, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't smooth mine. I asked several people on the forums when I got mine if their bottom sides were textured or not and everyone said yes. With the limited amount of driving that I do with my car I decided to leave it textured and although I can see some difference I'm not worried about it.

https://themustangsource.com/f730/20...estion-494481/

https://themustangsource.com/f691/sm...0/#post6082747

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 5/30/11 at 06:11 PM.
Old 5/31/11, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

They are definitely textured on the bottom of the front and the rear. If you want to smooth them, then go ahead. But just so you aren't wondering, they are textured on the bottom.
Old 6/17/11, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Finally received the fascia. Opened it up, all parts are included, and it's primed black and taped on the bottom center just like Terry's was. Can't wait to have it on the car!

There are a couple of tiny gouges and the two little marker divots for the license plate I'd like to get rid of. Anyone have suggestions on a good filler that I can use on em?

Last edited by Mackitraz; 6/17/11 at 08:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger on a CS front.