The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Early GT/CS??? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/early-gt-cs-517999/)

GrumpysGT 1/25/13 02:53 PM

Early GT/CS???

Is there any way, without joining any type of regestry or fees to find out how early my 07 GT/CS was produced in relation to the total # ?
Reason I ask is the build date on the door sticker is 06/06, and at the very bottom of my original window sticker the last digits in a series of numbers and letters is 06 20 06.
Just trying to find out how early mine was made, mayby one of the first run?
For info, it's a Redfire Conv. with the black/parchment interior, 5-speed. Pretty much loaded out. Only option missing is the shaker 1000. Has the shaker 500. MSRP on the window sticker is 36,395.00
GrumpysGT

BRADGTCS 1/25/13 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well the dealer maybe able to tell you. I paid 45 bucks and got a certificate of authenticity for mine. Go to ford performance and you will see them. here is a pic of mine so you know what it looks like.

GrumpysGT 1/26/13 04:53 AM

Thanks, but it's not important enough to me to shell out 45.00. Just thought someone might know when Ford started the build on the GT/CS's. I know the first owner ordered it when they were first announced and probably paid MSRP. He had it for only 5-6 months and had to trade it back to the original dealer to get a pick-up. I got it in Dec. 07 with only 3000 miles. Do know it's only one of 231 with that color combo.
GrumpysGT

Nunja Business 1/26/13 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by GrumpysGT (Post 6539218)
Thanks, but it's not important enough to me to shell out 45.00. Just thought someone might know when Ford started the build on the GT/CS's. I know the first owner ordered it when they were first announced and probably paid MSRP. He had it for only 5-6 months and had to trade it back to the original dealer to get a pick-up. I got it in Dec. 07 with only 3000 miles. Do know it's only one of 231 with that color combo.
GrumpysGT

I agree. It seems kind of silly to pay someone for a piece of paper that tells you information that OUGHT to be easily discoverable by anyone.
I would like to know the details on mine too, but I have never been one to value certificates much.
I already know that mine was a fairly rare combo before the custom interior was done just because of the lack of pictures on a Google search.
But with BLUE and black leather it seems to be one of a kind (AFAIK.)

Not to belittle the guys who do the certs or anything, but that $45 could fill up my tank or buy some accessories!

NC14GT 1/26/13 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BRADGTCS (Post 6538936)
Well the dealer maybe able to tell you. I paid 45 bucks and got a certificate of authenticity for mine. Go to ford performance and you will see them. here is a pic of mine so you know what it looks like.

Thanks for posting. People love those placards and certificates at car shows.

BRADGTCS 1/26/13 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS (Post 6539283)
Thanks for posting. People love those placards and certificates at car shows.

That is exactly why I got mine.. For Car shows. It is tough to win with a newer car so everything helps.

bztz4m 1/26/13 12:05 PM

Grumpy, I am the owner of the registry and I do not charge to join if you email me your VIN number I can add your information to the database and help with any questions that you have. My email address is GTCSforums@comcast.net

Ron

GrumpysGT 1/26/13 01:20 PM

bztz4m, e-mail sent.
GrumpysGT