The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Deal or NO Deal???? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/deal-no-deal-439857/)

Mutta 8/30/06 10:05 PM

Deal or NO Deal????

Went to the Ford shop today and they had a black calif special on the lot.
A five speed, 18" tires and polished rims, the shaker 1000, sirus radio pak, security system, wheel locks, heated seats, power pass seat. listed for 32,350. I have a 2005 GT five speed premium with 13, 450 miles on, sonic blue. They wanted $9100, plus 175 for paper work and tax on the diff. We drove it and liked it but.........................thought that was still too much money diff......................what ya all think????

shatter 8/30/06 10:41 PM

Assuming the value they are assigning your car is $23,250 (based on 32,350 minus 9,100) then work from the x-plan price for the GT/CS which should be around $29,500? So I'd say something closer to $6,500 sounds about right.

ecmazza 8/30/06 11:08 PM

No deal. The way I see it, the CA Special is not going to give you all that much more.

You can do a lot w/9 grand. If nothing else put it in a money market account or CD or something and then use it for a down payment when/if the Boss comes out or something.

But that is just me. I do however believe that money is meant to be spent, so if you can swing it and you want the CA then go for it, don't look back and enjoy your driving!

HOTLAP 8/31/06 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mutta
Went to the Ford shop today and they had a black calif special on the lot.
A five speed, 18" tires and polished rims, the shaker 1000, sirus radio pak, security system, wheel locks, heated seats, power pass seat. listed for 32,350. I have a 2005 GT five speed premium with 13, 450 miles on, sonic blue. They wanted $9100, plus 175 for paper work and tax on the diff. We drove it and liked it but.........................thought that was still too much money diff......................what ya all think????

Does the figure include tax and registration/license fees? If so, that's a pretty decent deal - if not, I'd want to see a diff in the $7K range (assuming you can get X-plan pricing).

Just Mark 8/31/06 03:14 PM

It's best to negotiate a price on the car and then negotiate the trade in as a seperate deal. This will prevent matters from getting confusing.

RIght now you should certainly be able to get a mustang at invoice or better if your not using a "plan".

You can get a good idea on trade in value of your 05 from www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com

touring 9/1/06 09:04 AM

what!!!

I cant belive you didnt get it right there!!! i bet by the time you go back it's gone. :banghead:

MoonHawk 9/2/06 09:07 PM

When I went to the dealership where I purchased my CS, I knew I was coming home with a Mustang. I knew what I wanted as far as options, and color. When I sat in my CS in the showroom, and started it up, that was all it took. I have no regrets on my purchase, and she came fully loaded with all options (except the hood scoop, I wasn't crazy about it so I opted to not have them put it on).

So what it comes down to, what do you really want in a Mustang?

shatter 9/2/06 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by MoonHawk
When I went to the dealership where I purchased my CS, I knew I was coming home with a Mustang. I knew what I wanted as far as options, and color. When I sat in my CS in the showroom, and started it up, that was all it took. I have no regrets on my purchase, and she came fully loaded with all options (except the hood scoop, I wasn't crazy about it so I opted to not have them put it on).

So what it comes down to, what do you really want in a Mustang?

The OP already has a 2005 GT so it isn't quite so simple as that.