The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Dash Plaques (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/dash-plaques-460901/)

bztz4m 11/30/07 11:46 PM

Dash Plaques

2 Attachment(s)
Gang Dave aka (jacostang) has been working on dash plaques for our GT/CS Mustangs. I am enclosing some prototype examples and he would like some feedback on what you like or would want to see. They have a process to use color and to match our car colors for the backgroud as for the number you can request anything you would like. My suggestion for the number would be the last 2 digits of the model year and last 6 numbers of the VIN number. So please provide any feed back about the dash plaques.

**Update
Dave is still working on the price but he is estimating the price to be around 30.00. Also they are working on the cut of the alumuinm plaque to exact fit for the center dash between the 2 vents. He also said if you want a customize plaque that could be done but it would cost a little more. For those with a white car with black stripe they are making a white colored plaque with black stripe for sure.

2007CalSpec 12/1/07 12:01 AM

I'd get one in black & white just the way it is. That'll match my side stripes. I like the one on the right. As for the numbers, I'd probably put the build number. What material is it made of and how much would it cost?

bztz4m 12/1/07 12:05 AM

I believe they are aluminium plates but I can ask him about that. I have emailed Dave about the price of the unit.

ShowGT 12/1/07 03:38 AM

Nice work, I consider one of these for my GT

Mayito514 12/1/07 04:02 AM

I would consider for a Gt also.:nice:

CarRamRod 12/1/07 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec (Post 1057430)
I'd get one in black & white just the way it is. That'll match my side stripes. I like the one on the right. As for the numbers, I'd probably put the build number. What material is it made of and how much would it cost?

I agree the top left one in black and white is nice.

Here is what I came up with:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x.../GTCSPlate.jpg

n4agoodtyme 12/1/07 06:57 AM

They look great....I would order one!

SD CALSPCL 12/1/07 10:32 AM

I had a dash plaque for my 05 Crossfire, in aluminum, with black lettering. I would certainly buy one, and prefer the one on the top left of the three originally displayed. Very nicely done.

DANNY 12/1/07 12:26 PM

plaques

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 1057427)
Gang Dave aka (jacostang) has been working on dash plaques for our GT/CS Mustangs. I am enclosing some prototype examples and he would like some feedback on what you like or would want to see. They have a process to use color and to match our car colors for the backgroud as for the number you can request anything you would like. My suggestion for the number would be the last 2 digits of the model year and last 6 numbers of the VIN number. So please provide any feed back about the dash plaques.

I like the one on the right, take off ford and put the year on, 2007 2008.

semperfi65 12/1/07 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by DANNY (Post 1057649)
I like the one on the right, take off ford and put the year on, 2007 2008.

:nice:

LEO_06GT 12/1/07 04:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of one I got for my radiator cover.

07stangKD 12/1/07 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 1057780)
Here's a pic of one I got for my radiator cover.

That looks nice!!!!

2&2 12/2/07 02:44 PM

Leo, where did you get that. Do they make custom ones for older Mustangs

GRAYPNY 12/2/07 06:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
There is a guy in Canada that did some plaques for the Mach 1 registry and I had him made a couple for my GT. I can't remember his name but there is probably a link on the site somewhere.

Marty 12/2/07 07:26 PM

Well,

I think its a great idea and thank you for offering a method to recognize our unique Mustangs. I like the design of them all. I especially like the version CarRamRod came up with... Keep us posted on the final product. I'm in for one for my Cali-Special.

Larmo 12/5/07 07:52 PM

I am interested in this dash plaque, especially if it can be customized.

Code HP 12/6/07 11:42 PM

sign me up. i want one

masonraceworks 12/7/07 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 1057427)

**Update
Dave is still working on the price but he is estimating the price to be around 30.00. Also they are working on the cut of the alumuinm plaque to exact fit for the center dash between the 2 vents. He also said if you want a customize plaque that could be done but it would cost a little more. For those with a white car with black stripe they are making a white colored plaque with black stripe for sure.

Ron,

I think we should get Paul from Californiaspecial.com to create a number for us. I'm sure he can contact for and be able to find out the number of GT/CS's produced each model year and maybe even which number each car is. Paul is connected at Ford.

Mark

bztz4m 12/7/07 07:05 AM

I had a falling out with that group so I am no longer in contact with that site.

masonraceworks 12/13/07 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 1061456)
I had a falling out with that group so I am no longer in contact with that site.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards for a long time. I would like one of the dash plaques when you get them figured out.

Mark