The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Comfort Group required on GT/CS order? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/comfort-group-required-gt-cs-order-438250/)

Dbl E GT 7/31/06 01:37 PM

Comfort Group required on GT/CS order?

I was told today that I MUST order the Comfort Group (power pass seat, auto mirror, heated seats) when the California Special option is checked. Is the dealer pulling my leg or did everybody else have to order the Comfort Group with their GT/CS order ?? Not a big deal, just adds another $575 to the MSRP.

Dbl E GT

lurking_in_sd 7/31/06 02:37 PM

the configurators on both kbb & fordvehicles allow gt/cs option without comfort group. this probably is not be the final answer.

semperfi65 7/31/06 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
I was told today that I MUST order the Comfort Group (power pass seat, auto mirror, heated seats) when the California Special option is checked. Is the dealer pulling my leg or did everybody else have to order the Comfort Group with their GT/CS order ?? Not a big deal, just adds another $575 to the MSRP.

Dbl E GT

While not required according to build sheets, I suspect that the dealer is more concerned that if he orders the car w/o the Comfort Group(53B), he will have a DOG on the lot if you elect not to take it.

The dealer is thinking that more than likely buyers looking at a $33,000 plus GT/CS will want that second power seat and mirror. If you do want the heated seats, the Comfort Group is required.

Dbl E GT 7/31/06 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by semperfi65
While not required according to build sheets, I suspect that the dealer is more concerned that if he orders the car w/o the Comfort Group(53B), he will have a DOG on the lot if you elect not to take it.

The dealer is thinking that more than likely buyers looking at a $33,000 plus GT/CS will want that second power seat and mirror. If you do want the heated seats, the Comfort Group is required.

Does your have it and was yours ordered or bought off the lot ?

Tres Wright 7/31/06 03:54 PM

I have noticed that EVERY SINGLE GT/CS that I've seen on eBay, in local lots and posted on forums DOES have the Comfort Group, so I came to the conclusion a while back that you can't get the CS without it. It seems odd that if they're going to force it they didn't just make it part of the CS package and adjust the package price. Maybe they didn't want people to get sticker shock over the CS price and that's why they list it separately.

semperfi65 7/31/06 03:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
Does your have it and was yours ordered or bought off the lot ?

I ordered mine April 11th, delivered to dealer June 26th. I traded in a 06 GT vert (Satin Silver). I could do without the hood scoop(included in the GT Appearance Grp(54C). The exhaust sound of the 07 is SO COOL, especially compared to the 06 GT. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
I'm off to California next month, and have a Hertz GT-H reserved for a couple of days. It will be interesting to compare the exhaust of that baby to the GT/CS.

awakeinAZ 7/31/06 06:07 PM

GT-H - MUCH louder, rides stiffer and gotta watch the front spoiler even more!

(trust me on this)

dly 7/31/06 08:52 PM

Well my order for a GT/CS doesn't include the comfort option but then again it still shows "clean and unscheduled". And all the ones I find on the net have the comfort option. I'm asking my dealer tomorrow about doing a dealer trade to get a Blue GT/CS from another dealer. It has everything I want and more but it doesn't have the 3.55 gears. I'm thinking of asking them to just put in 4.10's and go with it. I'm hoping they can do a dealer trade on the GT/CS.:rolleyes:

Dougxox 7/31/06 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ

(trust me on this)

You didn't tear one off did you???

Not used to a low front end,( on a car) how bad is it on the CS?

semperfi65 8/1/06 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dougxox

Approximately 6 !/2" to the lowest edge.

Dougxox 8/1/06 06:07 AM

OUCH:doh:

OK there has to be a story......

Blip 8/1/06 07:09 AM

Hey, that's still 1 1/2 inches better then my Saleen, which is at 5".

FRITZ 8/1/06 07:24 AM

Did they (Ford) change the exhaust on the '07 GT ?

Dougxox 8/1/06 05:02 PM

(trust me on this)

The GT/H has FRPP's on it, go to the GT/H part of the fourm, there is link to a story that mentions it. Don't know if it has an X pipe on it or not.

Dougxox 8/1/06 05:08 PM

(trust me on this)

:doh: thought you took off about 6 1/2", now I understand:doh:

The Reverend 12/9/06 09:23 PM

Any official updates on the Comfort group being required for the GT/CS? My parent's Ford dealership has several GT/CS without the comfort group.

http://www9.forddirect.fordvehicles....FT82H675258973

http://www9.forddirect.fordvehicles....FT82H875255167

Comox 12/9/06 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dougxox (Post 709272)

I mentioned my concern about the low spoiler on the GT/CS in an earlier post when I thought about putting a backup camera on the front of the car. I have contacted the company selling the VR wireless backup camera, monitor to ask about installation. I can wire the monitor anywhere as long as I use an on/off switch because prolonged time on will cause it to overheat. The Monitor has a built in fuse so that is not a consideration and the it can handle the weather and any road abuse even at highway speed. It is a 2 wire hookup plus the switch and apparently the lense has a wide angle and should let me know exactly how close I am to a curb or other obstruction. I have purchased the device so now it's just a matter of hooking it up an hoping my problem is solved. If anyone is interested further I will post another thread when I have tried it for a bit.

Still smiling.

GrabberPony.com 12/10/06 07:40 AM

Hi Spence,

Please give us more details of the camera. What is its name and where can I buy one?

Thanks.

Mark

Comox 12/10/06 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Safarisun (Post 796483)
Hi Spence,

Please give us more details of the camera. What is its name and where can I buy one?

Thanks.

Mark

I bought mine at Canadian Tire for $149.00 on sale but I don't know who sells them in the States. Someone on this forum did buy the same one in the States for $79.00 I believe. It is called VR3 Wireless Rear View Camera System with color LCD monitor. The camera is tiny and bolts onto the bottom of the licence plate. It has 2 wires to hook up and the monitor gives you the choice of hardwiring 2 wires to the car and plugging into the monitor or using the adapter cord that plugs into a cigarette lighter and into the monitor. That is all I can tell you until I install mine and try it which probably won't be done before New Years. I hope that is some help.

HOTLAP 12/11/06 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Comox (Post 796721)
I bought mine at Canadian Tire for $149.00 on sale but I don't know who sells them in the States. Someone on this forum did buy the same one in the States for $79.00 I believe. It is called VR3 Wireless Rear View Camera System with color LCD monitor. The camera is tiny and bolts onto the bottom of the licence plate. It has 2 wires to hook up and the monitor gives you the choice of hardwiring 2 wires to the car and plugging into the monitor or using the adapter cord that plugs into a cigarette lighter and into the monitor. That is all I can tell you until I install mine and try it which probably won't be done before New Years. I hope that is some help.

Hey Spence - that was me - picked it up at CostCo for $79.00 US for my '05 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4....still haven't had the time to install though.