The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   2008 - August 7th (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/2008-august-7th-455402/)

dac64 7/23/07 08:44 PM

2008 - August 7th

For those of you in my boat...waiting and waiting and waiting. My dealer called today and gave me an August 7th delivery date. He also said to give or take 10 days from that!

This is painful

Alloy 07 RN 7/23/07 09:04 PM

That's around the corner!
I know the feeling.
Post pics as soon as you can.

Congrat's in advance!

GottaHaveIt 7/23/07 09:55 PM

may be earlier too ? & I'll bet you 10.00 bucks you'll have a hard time not driving it and will also have a bad case of Perma Grin !

Marty 7/23/07 10:29 PM

dac64, I'm in the same boat. Got a call on Friday July 19th from Ford and they said my build date is the week of August 6 - 10. And to expect delivery about 2 weeks later. I ordered a 2008 Vista Blue GT/CS. Good luck, Marty

UnrealFord 7/24/07 08:32 AM

I cant believe you guys are getting your soo soon, I just recieved my 07 today, and I ordered it April 8 , Mines an 07 and you guys are already getting 08 ,WOW:doh:

Falchion 7/24/07 01:01 PM

Congrats! :banana: :banana: :banana:

No word on mine yet.........:shame:

Originally Posted by dac64 (Post 969033)
For those of you in my boat...waiting and waiting and waiting. My dealer called today and gave me an August 7th delivery date. He also said to give or take 10 days from that!

This is painful

dac64 7/24/07 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mach1mania (Post 969446)
I cant believe you guys are getting your soo soon, I just recieved my 07 today, and I ordered it April 8 , Mines an 07 and you guys are already getting 08 ,WOW:doh:

I originally ordered a 2007 myself back on April 3rd. Five weeks later I get a call from my dealer telling me Ford has decided not to proceed with my order and gave no reason. The dealer thinks it was because there were still many 07's on dealer lots in my area. I looked around but found nothing I liked, so I placed an order for a 2008.

CarRamRod 7/24/07 11:19 PM

First time posting here but I'm in the same boat. Waiting on dealer to give me date.
I'm getting:
White GT/CS Coupe with the dove insert interior
5 speed manual
Int Upgrade
Satin Panel
Anti Theft
Wheel locks
Sat Radio
Waiting is driving me nuts. Today he told me to call him Saturday. That he should know by Saturday when it will arrive.
Good luck on your orders guys. I hate waiting.

kh765 7/25/07 12:58 AM

Congrats on the new cars guys, hope you get them ASAP.

Welcome to the Source CarRamRod, and GREAT screen name. :banana:

colbymh 7/26/07 01:51 AM

I'm in the same boat. Dealer called me today and gave me the VIN. Said delivery date will be Mid August...

I also ordered a 2007 in the beg of April. After after 8 weeks the dealer called me and said Ford isnt making anymore GT\CS's, but still had to finish the other models. Then they said I would have to wait till June 25th for the 08's to start being built.

O-well..As long as its coming.

I ordered Perf White, loaded with everything but Nav...Also added the HID lights, Alarm and remote start. I got mine in an auto. One thing I did do, was have the stock wing removed and had a GT500 wing added and then had the GT500 stripes added in black.

Anyone know whats the biggest tire the 18" wheel can fit? The 235's are coming off quickly and im hoping I can atleast put 255's on. If not, then new wheels/tires and the 1.6"F/2"R drop.

rookie2332 7/26/07 06:01 AM

Mine got pushed back a few day's as well. Guessing from HID's. Was suppose to be delivered this friday but being told now next week around Aug. 1st. It's just a few day's but It is so close and I WANT MY CAR!! Would have been nice tooling around in it this weekend.

CarRamRod 7/26/07 12:40 PM

The worst part about the waiting game has been I started looking in June. Sat in the car I wanted (white GT/CS with all the options I wanted) and the dealer I went to set down a piece of paper that basically made no sense at all :doh: . They were trying to put a premium on it like the shelby car. I was like are these the shelby numbers? They started this song and dance about how the GT/CS is rare and should cost more. I found out that some friends go to a different dealer that they know very well. He just orders cars for people and just makes a little above invoice on each car. He ran the numbers with me and were exactly what I wanted on the 07 but he says no I can get you an 08 for the same price it will just take a little longer. The dealer that tried to rip me off still has the car I want sitting. Now I am waiting to get the 2008 and its taking all summer. Driving me nuts.:bs:

Kinda wish I could call ford and tell them how bad this sucks.

colbymh 7/26/07 12:46 PM

I am in Oregon and the dealer I went to sold a GT/CS for $7500 over invoice. When I put money down on my 08 to be ordered, they said they didnt care if I bought it or not, because they will mark it up. Most of the Ford dealerships have the deluxe or premium models left on their lot, but CS's are gone the second they hit the lot.

Have your other dealer get the car off the lot that has it. the good thing about the 2007 is the bonus and incentives you can get, plus 0% APR for 36 months.

CarRamRod 7/26/07 01:32 PM

He tried to get me that car first. They won't give it to him. I was on the phone when he called. They said they had a buyer and told him no. I don't know what the deal is but I have written a letter to ford about it being detailed about what happen. The car has been sitting since March according to his records. ****ing me off. You know if it had just been a premium I could have at least said your crazy lets look at this again but the numbers were like in the shelby range and did not include the incentives which were available on the car.
I mentioned the incentives and they looked at me like I was crazy.

colbymh 7/26/07 01:35 PM

That sucks...just as much as the stupid prices of a shelby. who the hell would pay $11k extra for $2650 worth of parts

krnpimpsta 7/26/07 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by dac64 (Post 969033)
This is painful

Yes.

My dealer just got my hopes up by telling me that my car will be in basically a month earlier than I had expected... but when I called the VOPC, it's still scheduled to be built on the week of Aug 13th and probably delivered by September.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Every day, I constantly search for articles/posts about '08 Mustangs, pictures, etc. I waste about 4 hours per day on this, because that's about as close to driving it as I can get for now.

When I'm in my Volvo, I make mustang sound effects as I drive to ease the pain. brumbada, brumbada, brumbada-BRUMBAGRRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *pretend shift into second* GGGRRRAWWHHHHHHHHH!

I'm seriously losing my mind over this. :banghead:

CarRamRod 7/26/07 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta (Post 971394)
Yes.

My dealer just got my hopes up by telling me that my car will be in basically a month earlier than I had expected... but when I called the VOPC, it's still scheduled to be built on the week of Aug 13th and probably delivered by September.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Every day, I constantly search for articles/posts about '08 Mustangs, pictures, etc. I waste about 4 hours per day on this, because that's about as close to driving it as I can get for now.

When I'm in my Volvo, I make mustang sound effects as I drive to ease the pain. brumbada, brumbada, brumbada-BRUMBAGRRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *pretend shift into second* GGGRRRAWWHHHHHHHHH!

I'm seriously losing my mind over this. :banghead:

I'll try this in my F150 on the way home. Maybe that will help.... :poke:

dac64 7/30/07 07:54 PM

Some of these dealers are just aholes, I dont know about you guys but I hate buying cars because of these people. They usually know nothing about the car and just see $$$$. There is no reason why anyone should pay over retail for any car. I cant believe Ford allows this, it makes them look bad too IMO. So far my dealer has been very cool about things because of the mishap with my 07. He even said they would put a price freeze on my 08 and the price would remain the same as the 07. I was able to add HID to the order last week, so I will pay extra for that. They are taking $1000 off sticker and another $500 for being a return customer. Good enough for me.

Anyone in NJ looking for a fair dealership...Wayne Ford in Wayne NJ. Ask for Sal.

Dougxox 7/30/07 09:29 PM

I have felt you guys pain about a year ago, ordered my 07 on July 7th and it was delevered on Aug 15th. Went nuts tracking it every day with the ERL. Even went as far as tracking it on the train from MI to here.
My friends would not talk to me as that was all I was talking about.
Patience my friends, patience.

CarRamRod 7/31/07 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dougxox (Post 974319)
I have felt you guys pain about a year ago, ordered my 07 on July 7th and it was delevered on Aug 15th. Went nuts tracking it every day with the ERL. Even went as far as tracking it on the train from MI to here.
My friends would not talk to me as that was all I was talking about.
Patience my friends, patience.

I went out and bought a wii to pass the time while I wait. My girlfriend who absolutely doesn't care about video games unless its ms pac man is having a blast with it too. I bought zelda twilight princess, extra controllers and the system the other day at best buy. Sunday morning actually. They received 30 and between 10-11am handed out tickets to purchase them when the doors opened at 11am. They were out of tickets as the doors opened. -- I was shocked. Lucky me I got there at 10:30am. It's helping me pass the time while I wait for my GT/CS. :metal: