2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

2007 GT/CS Suspension & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/08, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GT/CS Suspension & Exhaust

This may sound strange but I am looking for clarification. I went into the Ford dealership here for a normal oil change and service. I went to the garage area to watch and speak with the guy about a rattle noise I am getting and to see if maybe I could see it once the car was up on the lift. Well, we couldn't find the rattle but he made a comment about the mods I had done to my exhaust? I told him it was like this from the factory and that I special ordered it; I did change the axle backs, but that was it. He said, "it has a straight through H pipe? and the cats are high flow. He also noticed all the suspension was alot like the Shelby but was definately not like a normal GT? Is this possible? I read somewhere on the web that it was possible to have these options if the car was inserted on the assembly line during a Shelby run or something. I dunno, it just is weird and I can't find anyone that has this situation. Let me know what you think. Maybe I need to get some pics for comparison...
Old 1/29/08, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Interesting. To be very honest I never really checked. What suspension parts were different? I will have to check the exhaust the next nice day to see.
Old 1/29/08, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I recently discovered my Ford Oasis (build) report. On it, one line stated "upsized front and rear stabilizer bar". Huh? I never knew!

Shelby parts never make it to the Ford Factory. They are two seperate organizations.

Maybe the new guy on here from Ford (Jeff something) knows....
Old 1/29/08, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by NJJOE
Interesting. To be very honest I never really checked. What suspension parts were different? I will have to check the exhaust the next nice day to see.
Well, I need to check again and see what might be different. I guess I don't really know what the GT has to compare to. I know the front sway bar is really heavy, as heavy as the GT500 I saw at the dealership. What about the exhaust though? Do the GTs come with an H pipe and HiFlo cats? I need to find some under carriage pics to compare with....
Old 1/30/08, 04:23 AM
GT Member

It is my understanding that all the Shelby mods are done at Shelby in Las Vegas, so it would seem impossible that any Shelby suspension mods were done at Flatrock where the Mustangs are built. Maybe Ford changed the swaybar on all the GT's and the Tech was not familiar with the GT suspension. The Mustang does come from the factory with an H-pipe. I changed mine to the Ford Racing X-pipe before I even picked the car up from the dealer. Good question though.
Old 1/30/08, 04:43 AM
GT Member

I have to correct myself on the previous post. The Shelby GT500 are produced at Flatrock and the Shelby GT is produced in Vegas. I spoke to the designers of the suspension components and it is HIGHLY unlikely they would get mixed up during production.