The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   2 questions: What the heck is this?? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/2-questions-what-heck-443868/)

BLCKNED 11/25/06 03:56 PM

2 questions: What the heck is this??

Ive been meaning to pop in the dealer to find out. My co-worker has an 07 V6 and she doesnt have this. Looks like a kill switch or port for dyno, but rather than ask the dealer first, thought Id ask you guys n gals, then I could go b*tch at my dealer for not telling me what it was.

Second question. The GT plenum cover is an added option, right? Not standard on the GT/CS? My CS is fully loaded minus that cover.
What the heck? It's part of the GT appearance right? Is it stated on the sticker?

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9...794copygg7.jpg

melati56 11/25/06 04:06 PM

Repositioned Fuel Pump Reset-maybe?,plenum Cover Is With The Appearance Package

SteelTownStang 11/25/06 04:10 PM

Not sure what that port looking thing is... You answered your second question. The cover is part of the GTAP(54G), which includes: bright rolled exhaust tips, hood scoop, and engine cover with pony emblem. A number of places have the cover for sale now if you're interested... I know specifically Laual Mountain Mustang.

05GT-O.C.D. 11/25/06 04:45 PM

Maybe it's a special razor to shave your leg while you're shifting gears? :dunno: Ouch. I have no clue what it is, but I wouldn't want it there.

GottaHaveIt 11/25/06 08:15 PM

Is it like a light ? clear it could be a safty thingy that recognises if a driver is actually there ? maybe in just automatics with remote starts ? that's my guess. do I get a cookie ?
lol

Dougxox 11/25/06 08:29 PM

I don't have one in mine. Doubt if the dealer will know either. I have the remote start, not part of that.
Sorry Ed, no cookie.
Can you get a better / closer photo of it?

korinwoodo 11/25/06 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 787330)
Is it like a light ? clear it could be a safty thingy that recognises if a driver is actually there ?
lol

That would be wayy to trippy :panic: . I really hope it is now though

GottaHaveIt 11/26/06 07:14 PM

I'll stick it up on BON if thats ok and ask unless you are a member there as well ( Blue Oval News )

BLCKNED 11/27/06 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 787792)
I'll stick it up on BON if thats ok and ask unless you are a member there as well ( Blue Oval News )

Thanks! I would appreciate any help I can get. I still need to take a decent photo. My camera has a hard time focusing it up close.
I hope to know what it is by Dec 4, my first scheduled dealer appointment.

If it helps, it looks like a two-prong port for some sort of plug in. No lights on it. Cant trace the leads cuz they go up and under the dash.

awakeinAZ 11/27/06 11:50 AM

I did have one similar when I picked my car up. Had the dealer remove it though. It's a supplemental anti-theft that won't let the starter work even when there is a key in the ignition. An actual kill switch.

Engine cover only comes w/ GT Appearance package. If you have the hood scoop, you should have the engine cover!

BLCKNED 11/27/06 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ (Post 788128)
I did have one similar when I picked my car up. Had the dealer remove it though. It's a supplemental anti-theft that won't let the starter work even when there is a key in the ignition. An actual kill switch.

Ahhhh so it IS a kill switch! I thought it was, looked familiar. Then why wasnt I given the key for it?? Is it an extra feature? As far as Im concerned, it's IN my car, I PAID for it. Give it to me!

Thanks dude!

PS: Why did you have it removed??

korinwoodo 11/27/06 03:13 PM

Ohhh Ive read about those! I think my dad had one back in the day on his Tahoe.

GottaHaveIt 11/27/06 04:52 PM

was guessing what it was or could possibly be , weree socked in and just got our power back so cant find out for a few days , but I'd bet K.C at Clevenger ford could find out ?

BLCKNED 11/27/06 04:54 PM

Well I just returned from the dealer, the service guy said "He had no clue to what it is" :banghead:
Im not surprised.
Well I told him that it was a trade from another dealer and maybe they knew what it was. Then as he closed the door he pointed out a little sticker on the driver door that says CYCLOPS security. This whole time I thought it was a dummy sticker, cuz the dealer told me there was NO alarm.

Service guy said it was maybe an add-on from the dealer, but wasnt activated. He said it was wired but not active. WTF?

Even reading the sticker it's not disclosed in there, so what the heck?
My dealer didnt even know what it was.

blkstang06 11/27/06 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by BLCKNED (Post 788314)
Well I just returned from the dealer, the service guy said "He had no clue to what it is" :banghead:
Im not surprised.
Well I told him that it was a trade from another dealer and maybe they knew what it was. Then as he closed the door he pointed out a little sticker on the driver door that says CYCLOPS security. This whole time I thought it was a dummy sticker, cuz the dealer told me there was NO alarm.

Service guy said it was maybe an add-on from the dealer, but wasnt activated. He said it was wired but not active. WTF?

Even reading the sticker it's not disclosed in there, so what the heck?
My dealer didnt even know what it was.

It's GPS activated By FOMOCO! to due periodic surveillance on your vehicle for any modification ' that might be done to your vehicle !:jester: