Msrp?

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/08, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aoblak
most the local dealers want and extra $5000.00 for the car.
IS that what they are asking or is that the final price you negotiated?
Old 1/16/08, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is what they are asking over the phone, I'm going to look at the excat one I want tommorrow (white with blue stripes). They originaly told me they wont take less then $10,000 over and then he told me because it's the middle if January that he would go $5,000 over.
Old 1/16/08, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

It is what they are asking over the phone, I'm going to look at the excat one I want tommorrow (white with blue stripes). They originaly told me they wont take less then $10,000 over and then he told me because it's the middle if January that he would go $5,000 over.
I'd take your checkbook. Tell them you'll take it right now for MSRP. Be ready to write the check.

IS it an '07 or '08? If it is an '07, they will be even more anxious to move it.

BTW, I like the color choice. You can't go wrong with the classic white/blue just like they all were in 1965.
Old 1/16/08, 03:07 PM

It's a 2008 and the colors are my favorite. I wasn't really planning on spending this much money but my wife really wants the Shelby over a GT therefore I'm will to purchase for MSRP instead of "A" plan on the GT.

Do you have any good pictures that you could email me of you car?
Old 1/16/08, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know the Shelby is a lot more money, but you'll be glad you made the jump.
Old 1/16/08, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

It's a good choice aoblak. I hope you get teh deal you want
Old 1/16/08, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was told by a local dealer that the cheapest they have sold a GT500 for is $17.5k over sticker. They whined that since they had paid another dealer $15k over sticker for it, they only made $2300! Talk about greed coming back to bite you. They claimed that they have no problem getting their ADMs. On the other hand, they acted all too eager to get rid of Shelby GTs, and I may take them up on one.
Old 1/16/08, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

A Shelby GT with a blower wouldn't be a bad ride.
Old 1/16/08, 04:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonW
A Shelby GT with a blower wouldn't be a bad ride.
If you haven't seen it, you should check out Milstang's (and other's) in the Shelby GT forum. I would have done that in Vista Blue had my GT500 not worked out.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74415
Old 1/17/08, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by JonW
Anyone know of a Ford dealer who will order me a GT 500 coupe for MSRP? We should be getting close to that now.
I finally picked up my vapor Gt500 coupe yesterday. It is more incredible to drive than I anticipated. Awesome car!
I am a GM dealer sales manager & got mine for MSRP. The only option was the premium interior. Believe me, you won't miss HID lamps or ambient lighting. The shaker 500 sounds awesome too. I can't see spending 1200 more for the shaker 1000. MSRP was 44570.
As a 20 sales manager veteran, my advice is to visit the dealer who has the best customer service reputation & take your check book. Offer MSRP & be firm. If they balk, give them a time frame & mention you will keep lookn until you get it @ msrp. Once spring weather starts flowing in, the market will shift back to supply & demand. The only reason some dealers are taking msrp is because its winter. I also heard from my neighbor who is a Ford district sales mgr that there will not be as many GT500's for 08 as in 07.
I do think the dealers have been very greedy w/ 10-25K over msrp. However, if they sold them for window from the start, you would still see them on e-bay for 10-25 over. It's hard to survive in the car business. Everyone wants to buy a car for invoice these days. Dealer overhead is obscene today. It's rare to have a car in such demand w/ such low production. I like the fact that the values will stay high because of it.
So, take your check book, be serious & keep looking. Time is running out!
Old 1/17/08, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I would have preferred to save $3000 on mine rather than have the navi, HIDs, and ambient lighting.
Old 1/17/08, 08:54 AM

In a perfect world I would like a white with blue stripe car with HID, ambient lighting and premium interior package for MSRP. We see how this takes place, this is funny I was dead against spending the extra money on this car over a GT but everyone has me really wanting one.
Old 1/17/08, 11:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

In a perfect world I would like a white with blue stripe car with HID, ambient lighting and premium interior package for MSRP. We see how this takes place, this is funny I was dead against spending the extra money on this car over a GT but everyone has me really wanting one.
It's worth the extra. You will not be disappointed.
Old 1/17/08, 11:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by gabnmantha
I finally picked up my vapor Gt500 coupe yesterday. It is more incredible to drive than I anticipated. Awesome car!
I am a GM dealer sales manager & got mine for MSRP. The only option was the premium interior. Believe me, you won't miss HID lamps or ambient lighting. The shaker 500 sounds awesome too. I can't see spending 1200 more for the shaker 1000. MSRP was 44570.
As a 20 sales manager veteran, my advice is to visit the dealer who has the best customer service reputation & take your check book. Offer MSRP & be firm. If they balk, give them a time frame & mention you will keep lookn until you get it @ msrp. Once spring weather starts flowing in, the market will shift back to supply & demand. The only reason some dealers are taking msrp is because its winter. I also heard from my neighbor who is a Ford district sales mgr that there will not be as many GT500's for 08 as in 07.
I do think the dealers have been very greedy w/ 10-25K over msrp. However, if they sold them for window from the start, you would still see them on e-bay for 10-25 over. It's hard to survive in the car business. Everyone wants to buy a car for invoice these days. Dealer overhead is obscene today. It's rare to have a car in such demand w/ such low production. I like the fact that the values will stay high because of it.
So, take your check book, be serious & keep looking. Time is running out!
Congrats on a nice car. Pics? They are required.

Thanks for sharing your advice with us. Welcome to the site.
Old 1/18/08, 12:22 AM
Cobra Member

Looks like Galpin Ford has 31 GT500s. No doubt they want an ADM, but I know from others that they do deal.
Old 1/19/08, 03:50 AM

On the Team Shelby web site you can find a new GT500 for MSRP. They are popping up quick
Old 1/19/08, 06:48 PM

Well guys I have a sick feeling im me that I screwed up and let my wife talk me into purchasing from the same dealer that I buy all my fords a 08 GT conv with a roush supercharger, lightbar and Bullitt dash (my wife loves the dash). I just don't know that we made the correct choice, should I feel this way?
Old 1/19/08, 07:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well guys I have a sick feeling im me that I screwed up and let my wife talk me into purchasing from the same dealer that I buy all my fords a 08 GT conv with a roush supercharger, lightbar and Bullitt dash (my wife loves the dash). I just don't know that we made the correct choice, should I feel this way?
Obviously, we are going to be biased toward GT500s as most of us in this forum own them. GT500s are a fine car. Basically, the King of the Jungle. If you can swing it, you won't regret it.

However, all Mustangs are special. The regular Mustang GT is a heck of a car for the money. You add a Supercharger to it, and it will fly. You might not outrun the local GT500 owner, but, you will have a grin the size of Texas each time you nail it.

Enjoy whatever you end up with. It will be your pride and joy.
Old 1/19/08, 07:37 PM

Thank you for the support, I'm sure that I will change how I feel once I get it. Accordeing to everything the car should be 445 hp when I get it so I will be a sleeper toward most GT's
Old 1/19/08, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you for the support, I'm sure that I will change how I feel once I get it. Accordeing to everything the car should be 445 hp when I get it so I will be a sleeper toward most GT's
It'll be plenty fast. Enjoy it. We want to see pics when you get it. If you post them elsewhere, give us a link here.

What color? Options? Wheels?

Quick Reply: Msrp?