The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Shelby GT500 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f727/)
-   -   2008 Red GT500 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f727/2008-red-gt500-465006/)

MAjustin1 3/8/08 02:57 PM

2008 Red GT500

I cannot find any pictures of a red gt500 with black stripes. I saw the SS pics and they are awesome. I am ordering a convertible monday and i am thinking red with black stripes, and ordering the over the top stripes from shelby to match. I am also considering getting a KR type hood and striping it.
I would love some pics of red with black stripes gt 500s, coupes or convertibles.
Thanks

codeman94 3/8/08 04:54 PM

try ebay...they have pics of them in every color combe there.

1 COBRA 3/8/08 05:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Super Snake:

Attachment 54751 Attachment 54752 Attachment 54753

n8rfastback 3/8/08 06:03 PM

man the super snake is one sick car

1 COBRA 3/8/08 06:53 PM

Remove all the bling and it would be.

MAjustin1 3/8/08 07:40 PM

I checked ebay yesterday. It had some convertibles with decent pics. I would like to see a coupe with lemans stripes so i could figure out what they would look like. I only found one and the pics were crap. they were inside with half the car in the sun and half in the shade with a glare. (great way to sell a 50K+ car by the way :)
Thanks for the help so far

Willie 3/8/08 08:38 PM

Justin (my apologies if I assumed incorrectly),

I saw a red / black coupe in a local dealership showroom a couple of weeks ago. I could make a call to see if it's still there, then swing over to take pics if it is.

My wife, daughter and I all saw it and none of us cared for the combo. Glad I went with white... Then again, opinions are like..... (you know the rest)....

Willie 3/8/08 09:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Lookie what I just came across!!! Enjoy.

Willie

MAjustin1 3/9/08 02:05 PM

OH Yeah, Willies the man. Thanks buddy. I kinda agree with you, im not sure if i like it.

MAjustin1 3/9/08 02:23 PM

I really apreciate the help, BUT I DONT LIKE IT.
I am going to order a vert tomorrow and if anyone has any pics of verts with stripes i would love to see them. Any color combos would be great. I just like personal pics better because they are a better representation of what the cars actually look like. I am leaning towards white with blue stripes (loved the coupe i drove) but i dont know about how the black cloth top would look and i dont know which wheels would work well besides oem.
I know what car I want, what equipment and upgrades to go with, IF I COULD ONLY FIND A COLOR!!!

crazyhorse 3/9/08 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MAjustin1 (Post 5523546)
I really apreciate the help, BUT I DONT LIKE IT.
I am going to order a vert tomorrow and if anyone has any pics of verts with stripes i would love to see them. Any color combos would be great. I just like personal pics better because they are a better representation of what the cars actually look like. I am leaning towards white with blue stripes (loved the coupe i drove) but i dont know about how the black cloth top would look and i dont know which wheels would work well besides oem.
I know what car I want, what equipment and upgrades to go with, IF I COULD ONLY FIND A COLOR!!!

In the end, it won't matter what color you choose. You will love the car itself so much, the color won't matter. With that said, I am smitten with my white/blue.

TexasShelby has a white vert with blue LeMans stripes. I think he is on this site. If not, you can find him on teamshelby.com.

Personally, I think a Vapor Vert with either no stripes or just the side stripes in black would be a sharp car.

1 COBRA 3/9/08 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by MAjustin1 (Post 5523546)
... IF I COULD ONLY FIND A COLOR!!!

Torch Red.