The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Shelby GT500 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f727/)
-   -   2007 Shelby GT500 Information (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f727/2007-shelby-gt500-information-414357/)

ISELLFORD 7/20/05 05:28 AM

This should answer a lot of questions.
Darryl B. Hazel Ford Motor Company
email: XXXX@ford.com Dearborn, Michigan 48126-4207

July 19, 2005

All Ford Division Dealers
Subject: SVT Distribution Plan
The purpose of this communication is to announce the following:
· Revision to the SVT distribution policy
· Allocation plan for the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500
As we go forward, our goal is to expand our lineup of Ford performance oriented vehicles. One such example is the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 which is scheduled for production next summer. As we expect to have a strong line-up of performance products in the future, the cadence of these products
necessitates a change to our distribution policy. Accordingly, the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 and all future products engineered by SVT will be available to all dealers who complete the necessary certification requirements. This will further strengthen the Ford brand by providing us with a greater opportunity to drive showroom traffic by leveraging halo products in all our marketing communications.
This will also help achieve compliance with various state laws by providing all dealers who become certified the opportunity to sell performance oriented vehicles.

Certification Requirements to Sell SVT-Engineered Products
SVT-engineered products will be available to all dealers who complete the certification requirements. A unique certification plan will be announced for each SVT engineered product at a later date. Similar to Escape Hybrid, certification will likely include sales consultant training, technician training and purchase
of special service tools. As in the past, this opportunity will be open to all dealers who enroll in the SVT program and who meet SVT program requirements.

Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 Allocation Plan
Dealers will be required to complete certification requirements to receive any type of allocation for the Shelby Cobra GT500. In recognition of their commitment to the program, current SVT dealers and SVT Focus dealers will receive preferential allocation for the Shelby Cobra GT500 for the first model year.

At current projections, we expect around 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year. Allocation will be as follows:
· Two incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)
· One incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)
· One unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements
· One unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)
· Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

Allocation Example:
A current full-line SVT dealer who wins the 2005 President's Award will receive four units plus any units for Mustang share-of-nation.
Example: Full Line SVT Dealer: 2
Completed certification: 1
2005 President's Award: 1
Mustang share-of-nation: TBD
Managing Customer Expectations
We are already receiving customer inquiries about GT500 availability as well as reports of dealers holding deposits for this car. Dealer allocation will not be announced until the first quarter of 2006.

Despite the extremely high market interest in this product, it is important to appropriately manage the expectations of your customers according to your actual allocation.
Sincerely,
Darryl Hazel

snkbtn99 7/20/05 06:07 AM

What happened to we will build all that are requested? I would get my money to your dealer today if they will take it. You had better know someone.

it is important to appropriately manage the expectations of your customers according to your actual allocation

65gtfastback 7/20/05 06:13 AM

Great news! :nice:
I just sent Ford of Canada an email to see if they will do the same here? If they do it means a better chance for a half decent price (read less gouging) on a GT500. :nice:
Paul

Flyinlow 7/20/05 07:21 AM

I'm glad I'm not waiting for the GT500. Using the numbers Ed gave, in the twin cities, we have two full line SVT dealers and about 6 more SVT Focus dealers. Thats 10 allocations, plus an additional one if they were on the President award list and one for any other dealer completing the requirements certification. Thats probably going to be about 15 units max here in the twin cities for the first year. The dealers here aren't on the huge list of allocations for Mustangs, so they would only get a couple more GT500's for that. So it looks like there may be a total of 20 units here in the Twin Cities for the 2007 model year.

And I'm guessing none of them are going to sell for less than sticker, and judging by the SVT dealers here who had the Ford GT's for sale, I would guess that there is going to be a dealer markup included as well.

As I said, I'm glad I decided not to wait.

MilStang 7/20/05 07:24 AM

Glad I got on the list so early thanks to this site. :-D

Well at least we have a better idea of what to expect. Thanks for the update!!

bpmurr 7/20/05 07:26 AM

I'm glad I didn't wait either. If the car really does come out at the $40k price point there is going to be a demand for more then 7k of them. You might have a better shot getting a new Z06 because after Ford dealer markups they will be about the same price. lol

Bookman 7/20/05 07:29 AM

Yea BP, I am starting to get that same feeling. Might just be time to start saving for the Jag Vert. Give the wife a playtoy too.

Rampant 7/20/05 07:41 AM

I don't think Ford is playing this one right. If they only make 7,000, and still price it at $40,000 -- the dealer is going to get all the profits. Why wouldn't Ford up the price and reduce the demand and take more profits themselves? Heck under $40k, they could probably sell 20-30k a year, and make more on volume.

Sure the dealers love it, but with a stuggling company they need to take as much advantage of this fevor as possible. And building 7k units priced around $40k is not doing it. Just look how many hemi 300s and Chargers DC will sell around the same price.

rarecat 7/20/05 07:53 AM

Thanks for posting the info, this is depressing news..... :(

Fordracing200 7/20/05 08:26 AM

this absoloutly stinks, birght idea Ford :rolleyes: Now, the best mustang ever made won't be vailable to the general public, it is gonna be a cobra R fiasco trying to get one. and now since they are in high demand an are so rare they will sell for over 60k. This sux!

Fordracing200 7/20/05 08:27 AM

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@July 20, 2005, 7:16 AM
Great news! :nice:

How do you figure?

John H 7/20/05 08:43 AM

Originally posted by Rampant@July 20, 2005, 9:44 AM
IAnd building 7k units priced around $40k is not doing it. Just look how many hemi 300s and Chargers DC will sell around the same price.

I've been thinking the same thing. If someone wants the Shelby for no more than $40k, but are unsuccessful getting one for whatever reason, the new Charger SRT-8 will be several thousand less (I built one on their site for just under $33k) and still get 425 HP! Now, I underdstand Charger isn't in the same class as the Mustang being a 4 door, but a 425 HP car for around $33k is pretty appealing if you can't get the Shelby. But that's just me. I'd still prefer the Mustang any day though.

TomServo92 7/20/05 08:54 AM

Originally posted by John H@July 20, 2005, 9:46 AM
I've been thinking the same thing. If someone wants the Shelby for no more than $40k, but are unsuccessful getting one for whatever reason, the new Charger SRT-8 will be several thousand less (I built one on their site for just under $33k) and still get 425 HP! Now, I underdstand Charger isn't in the same class as the Mustang being a 4 door, but a 425 HP car for around $33k is pretty appealing if you can't get the Shelby. But that's just me. I'd still prefer the Mustang any day though.

Where did you find the SRT8 Build & Price? The closest thing I could build was the R/T and Daytona R/T. :scratch:

RMac 7/20/05 09:01 AM

Originally posted by John H@July 20, 2005, 8:46 AM

That's the R/T, not the SRT8. The Charger SRT8 pricing has not been announced yet. Magnum SRT8 pricing is just under $40k, so I would assume the Charger would be right around there as well.

Dusty1 7/20/05 09:10 AM

The markup on those Shelby's is bound to be incredible. Forget any thought about A or X Plan pricing. You'd be lucky to get away with paying MSRP! Although I'd love to have one, it just doesn't look like it'll ever happen. :(

WERKED 66 7/20/05 09:22 AM

looks like you have a better chance of picking the winning lottery numbers than you do getting a gt500....jmo

John H 7/20/05 09:24 AM

Originally posted by TomServo92@July 20, 2005, 10:57 AM
Where did you find the SRT8 Build & Price? The closest thing I could build was the R/T and Daytona R/T. :scratch:

About two weeks ago, after reading the Bullitt rematch article in the latest Motor Trend, I went to Dodge.com and built an SRT-8. Or atleast I could have sworn that's what it was. I suppose there's a slight chance I misread the site, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Unless maybe there happened to be an error on the site at the time I happened to be on it. :dunno: I'm certainly not a car moron. I'll double check it later.

Fast351 7/20/05 09:42 AM

I guess this means that they are going to be even more difficult to get a hold of, then originally thought. that is some really weak allocation, by the way.......

TomServo92 7/20/05 09:45 AM

Originally posted by John H@July 20, 2005, 10:27 AM
About two weeks ago, after reading the Bullitt rematch article in the latest Motor Trend, I went to Dodge.com and built an SRT-8. Or atleast I could have sworn that's what it was. I suppose there's a slight chance I misread the site, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Unless maybe there happened to be an error on the site at the time I happened to be on it. :dunno: I'm certainly not a car moron. I'll double check it later.

Well, I can't imagine an SRT8 being as low as $33K given that the R/T start at $30K and Daytone R/T starts at $33K. In fact, a loaded up Daytona R/T runs about $38K.

distortion 7/20/05 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Fordracing200@July 20, 2005, 10:29 AM
this absoloutly stinks, birght idea Ford :rolleyes: Now, the best mustang ever made won't be vailable to the general public, it is gonna be a cobra R fiasco trying to get one. and now since they are in high demand an are so rare they will sell for over 60k. This sux!

I think there were only 300 cobra Rs made? It will not be that much of a problem getting a Shelby. They made 6500 and 7000 03/04 Machs and anyone that wanted one could get one. They even discounted the Machs in 04.
Although it will be hard to get one of the first 1000 or so.