The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   YAY NEW CAR IS HERE!!! Warning, ludicrously bad night pics! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/yay-new-car-here-warning-ludicrously-bad-night-pics-486203/)

BlueSkyVert 8/4/10 07:30 PM

YAY NEW CAR IS HERE!!! Warning, ludicrously bad night pics!

5 Attachment(s)
The new baby is home!!! Sorry for the awful photos and even worse garage, we need to rent a dumpster and cut up some cardboard :fear: We have some small cosmetic mods on the way, so I'll take better pics after they are installed this weekend.

This car is unbelievably awesome. While the cost may seem steep at $2,300, the electronics option is incredible if you like tons of functionality in an OEM looking package. Has all the features and MORE than our Acura TL AWD, which *IMO* sets the bar for technology under $50,000. Ford really, really got it right this time. :nice:

Biggest gripe is lack of 3.73 option in the convertible, and although I'm probably one of the few that prefer the 400A seats (think the ribbing will allow them to wear easier over time), I'm not particularly fond of the silver dash :bad: It just don't look authentic, and I like a more monotone dash. So I will eventually be switching to the 401A panels.

I also don't like the skip shift feature. Otherwise, the powertrain is virtually fault free in my eyes. Where my 2007 was noisy from the shifter area until you pushed in the clutch, the interior on this car so quiet and refined. :hail:

Well, thanks for checking out our new arrival! Looking forward to plenty of new modding experiences with this car. Never before have I enjoyed starting with such an AMAZING base, so should be fun! :metal:

magnatic 8/4/10 07:37 PM

Congratulations! It looks great in black.

BlueSkyVert 8/4/10 07:42 PM

Thanks! Wanted the Red Candy badly, but could only find autos. Looks great with tint!

stangfoeva 8/4/10 07:50 PM

you sir, get two dancing nanas

:banana: :banana:

Double-EDad 8/4/10 08:14 PM

Very nice choice of Convertible + those sexy wheels!! Enjpy the GO power!! ;)

slystallion26 8/4/10 08:38 PM

I heard that you can get the gears changed at the dealership. I would inquire about that.

BlueSkyVert 8/4/10 08:50 PM

I have a shop that will do it, just don't want to break any of the seals yet :D It's still the honeymoon!

2k7gtcs 8/4/10 08:53 PM

So very nice :drool:

Congrats! :metal:

MRGTX 8/4/10 09:21 PM

*drool*
gorgeous!

28. 8/5/10 04:31 AM

Very nice.. Congrats.

BlueSkyVert 8/5/10 06:28 AM

Billet grille and trunk blackout panel are showing up today, hooray!

shotzy 8/5/10 06:34 AM

Very nice ride. Good luck with it. I cant wait to see what you do with it:devil:

BlueSkyVert 8/5/10 06:36 AM

Hey shotz, how's the suspension you installed? I really want to drop it, but so afraid of finding the rattles I just got rid of with my old car! Admittedly, she was TOO low...but maybe there is a happy medium out there :)

Falchion 8/5/10 08:09 AM

Congrats! :)

shotzy 8/5/10 08:51 AM

The suspension is doing great. So far so good with the rattles:dunno:. But the ride has been great. I am sure I will get some rattles sooner or later. But that is because of the horrible roads I have to drive everyday. Even My BMW rattled so I am sure it will be only a matter of time. I drive into NYC daily and you might as well drive thru a war zone. Well you would probably get better roads there:rofl2:

Automagically 8/5/10 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5923823)
you sir, get two dancing nanas

:banana: :banana:

It's actually a "her". So your dancing nana's may seem inappropriate now ;)

Slick ride though BlueSky!

BlueSkyVert 8/5/10 09:35 AM

Doesn't matter to me, I like to roll incognito for the most part :) So you can "sir" or "bro" away, fellas. :nice:

Adam 8/5/10 09:35 AM

Enjoy black, it's like having a second job! :D

DaSFGiants4Life 8/5/10 10:14 AM

Very sweet ride. Take care of the black beauty!

A garage = Better then NO garage. ;)

BlueSkyVert 8/5/10 11:10 AM

It's a great garage, room for 3 cars and 1,000 square feet, but we have NOT been taking good care of it :) We have an older home with no closets, so odds and ends tend to land in the garage over time.