The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   X-Plan Question (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/x-plan-question-482029/)

Jchandler 4/8/10 07:23 PM

X-Plan Question

So I work for a company that makes me eligible for a X-Plan pin. I printed off my pin about a month ago when I decided I wanted to buy an new GT. Now I just accepted a offer for employment from another company. How will this affect the pin that I printed off a month ago? Will I be ineligible to use it now?

Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks

Ltngdrvr 4/8/10 07:30 PM

Use it before you go to the new company.

stangfoeva 4/8/10 07:45 PM

I believe the PINs are good for a year....don't know if they will double check to see if you're still with that company or not....

Jchandler 4/8/10 07:46 PM

lol I wish I could. I make my transition in 2 weeks and I'm not done saving up my target down payment. Would suck if I can't use the Pin anymore.

bruins004 4/8/10 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jchandler (Post 5843494)
lol I wish I could. I make my transition in 2 weeks and I'm not done saving up my target down payment. Would suck if I can't use the Pin anymore.

Dont forget that you have to provide proof to ford that you work for the company when using X Plan.
You will need either a employee badge or pay stub.
I would bring both just in case the dealer asks you for it.

desertMustang 4/8/10 08:32 PM

I've purchased three vehicles over the years using X-plan and never once was asked for any proof of employment. The X-plan pin is all the dealer requested. Don't mention that you no longer work for the company since the pins are good for awhile. If it comes up, don't lie, but make it clear that you'll only go forward with the deal if you get the X-plan price. You have nothing to lose. They probably won't ask and if they do, they're usually far enough into the process that they'll just continue. If you gotta have the car and they bust your chops then you'll have to negotiate. I bet it never even comes up.

Jchandler 4/8/10 08:35 PM

Thats good to hear desertMustang. i hope they don't ask but if they do I'll definitely tell them my situation. This would be my third mustang that I would purchase from my dealer so hopefully they will work with me. Either way I wont be buying until September/October so I have a while. Just wanted to know now how i would be affected when I do pull the trigger.

Lou_n_Ada 4/8/10 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jchandler (Post 5843477)
So I work for a company that makes me eligible for a X-Plan pin. I printed off my pin about a month ago when I decided I wanted to buy an new GT. Now I just accepted a offer for employment from another company. How will this affect the pin that I printed off a month ago? Will I be ineligible to use it now?

Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks

Do what I did...I bought 100 shares of Ford Stock back in Feb...Keep it for six months and then get your pin. Granted, I bought my Ford stock at $10.81 a share and it now trades for $12.63...but $12.63 a share is still a pretty good price for a stock that most analysts consider a company on the rise. During the six months that you have to wait, save, save, save! :nice:

Ltngdrvr 4/8/10 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada (Post 5843568)
Do what I did...I bought 100 shares of Ford Stock back in Feb...Keep it for six months and then get your pin. Granted, I bought my Ford stock at $10.81 a share and it now trades for $12.63...but $12.63 a share is still a pretty good price for a stock that most analysts consider a company on the rise. During the six months that you have to wait, save, save, save! :nice:

Yeah, and back in the dark days not too long ago the stock was down to just above $2 a share and I had money then but wasn't thinking about it then. Wish I had bought a few thousand shares back then, I could sell all but 100 of the shares, get my PIN and pay for the car with the profit...:doh:

Lunatic 4/9/10 12:53 AM

ya, hind site is 20/20... when textron stock was 2 bucks, i missed that boat too.... up to 22 now

Jchandler 4/10/10 04:22 AM

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've decided to buy the stock and continue to save for a larger down payment for another 6 months. Hope ford doesn't decide to stop the Stock X plan program.

Thanks!

Five Oh Brian 4/10/10 07:46 PM

Even if you can't get an X-plan PIN number for whatever reason, you can easily find a deal on a new Mustang GT for a price that's close to X-plan. For example, the dealer I work for will special order a new '11 GT (or V6) Mustang for just $399 over the factory invoice total. That's only about $220 more than X-plan. Forum member, 05FordGT (Jeff), works for a dealer offering '11 GT's or V6's for just $300 over the factory invoice total. And I'm sure plenty of dealers nationwide would match that.