Search this Thread

Old 9/2/10, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which would you choose and why?

Down to two choices and stumped as to which to get:

Choice 1: Security, Comfort, 3.73, HID, 19" wheels, Rear Camera

Choice 2: Brembo, Comfort, 3.73, Spoiler Delete

My commute is 12 miles each way, highway. Past two cars were Miata, GTI.

Thoughts? Thanks everyone!!! This would be my first Ford since my first car: 1973 LTD Country Squire with 400 V8 (was my parent's).
Old 9/2/10, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd take the Brembo car because I like the brakes.

They are a must for me. Can't go from the Sport brakes on my 370Z to standard brakes.

Last edited by m4a1mustang; 9/2/10 at 10:13 PM.
Old 9/2/10, 10:33 PM
Cobra R Member

#2 hands down

brembo brakes-check
no wingy-check
no hid (in my view,looks better)-check
no rear camera (this is a mustang,not a RV)-check
Old 9/2/10, 10:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
#2 hands down

brembo brakes-check
no wingy-check
no hid (in my view,looks better)-check
no rear camera (this is a mustang,not a RV)-check
Hahahaha, thank god I am not the only one!

I didn't have a backup camera for one of these....

I shouldn't need one for a Mustang.
Old 9/3/10, 04:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Choice #2

That is exactly how I ordered my car.
Old 9/3/10, 05:29 AM
Cobra Member

Im gonna be different and go with #1

Personally, i love my HIDs and don't plan to go to the track so i didnt need the brembo's
Old 9/3/10, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by jmatero
Down to two choices and stumped as to which to get:

Choice 1: Security, Comfort, 3.73, HID, 19" wheels, Rear Camera

Choice 2: Brembo, Comfort, 3.73, Spoiler Delete

My commute is 12 miles each way, highway. Past two cars were Miata, GTI.

Thoughts? Thanks everyone!!! This would be my first Ford since my first car: 1973 LTD Country Squire with 400 V8 (was my parent's).
Go with #2. HID's do not look good on the car and Ford forces you to get the security package (total of like $1000). If you want HID's, do something like this... http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-du...m-kit-h13.html. I would also drop the Comfort package until Ford adds cooled seats (if they add them). I just don't see a lot of value in the package. I would get just the Brembo and 3.73.
Old 9/3/10, 06:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5OH3OH2
Go with #2. HID's do not look good on the car and Ford forces you to get the security package (total of like $1000). If you want HID's, do something like this... http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-du...m-kit-h13.html. I would also drop the Comfort package until Ford adds cooled seats (if they add them). I just don't see a lot of value in the package. I would get just the Brembo and 3.73.
I'm with you on the comfort package. $600 for a power passenger seat and two-way heated seats? My butt can take a few extra minutes to warm up. I rarely use the seat heaters in my 370Z anyways, so it's not like I'll miss them.
Old 9/3/10, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

#2 and u don't need 3.73 to go fast. Most posting their mpg are getting less. Some -WAY less.
Old 9/3/10, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Those are your ONLY two choices?

I wouldn't want either because:

1. Has no Brembo brakes and has a back up camera (Ford felt it necessary to put a back up camera in a Mustang, but no paddle shifters or manual floor mounted shifter in autos for the Mustang) :thumbsdown: pass on option #1

2. Has the Brembos, but no HID's (makes car look more aggressive and less bug eyed), no spoiler (needs it because the rear looks like a big flat butt without it).

I also would not need comfort package, I live in the southwest, it ain't freezing here.
Plus by the time the seats heat up the heater has you warming anyway, but if you want it, then find a car with:

Brembos, HID's, security, comfort, and the 3.73's (if you feel you want them).
Old 9/3/10, 08:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Why are these your only choices?

Order a car the way YOU want and don't just take what's available. If you accept what they have on the lot you'll regret it later on.
Old 9/3/10, 09:12 AM
Cobra R Member

#1 minus HIDs. If you don't track your car Brembos are just for bragging rights. Stopping power is basically the same as stock.
Old 9/3/10, 10:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
Why are these your only choices?

Order a car the way YOU want and don't just take what's available. If you accept what they have on the lot you'll regret it later on.
But if I HAD to pick between the two above, it'd be #2, and then take advantage of the spoiler delete to add the Shelby GT500 rear spoiler. There's more the the brembo package than just Brembos + 19" wheels. Do your research on this. When you consider 19" are a stand-alone $1000 option, then ALL that the brembo package offers (including the 19" x 9" wheels, 1/2" wider than any non-Brembo 19" wheel, plus the suspension upgrades), it's a bargain for the extra $600.
Old 9/3/10, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
I'd take the Brembo car because I like the brakes.

They are a must for me. Can't go from the Sport brakes on my 370Z to standard brakes.
How do you like your 370Z man?
Old 9/3/10, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lutador83
How do you like your 370Z man?
Don't want to derail the thread, but I love it. Handling is amazing. The only thing it lacks is low-end torque, otherwise it's a perfect car. Doesn't work too well for the daily grind, though, so I'm letting it go for a 5.0. Hope to get another 370 down the road to build into a track car, though. They are amazing handlers.
Old 9/3/10, 11:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Doesn't work too well for the daily grind, though, so I'm letting it go for a 5.0.
How so? You need 4 seats or something? 300+ HP should be plenty for the "Daily grind."
Old 9/3/10, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all of your responses! The labor day holiday has 2011 GTs going for $6000 off MSRP with no haggling so I'm ready to move. I don't track the car... it's a daily driver... and my only reservations on the brembos are not the brakes, but the tires. Everyone I know with those tires gets about 8-10k miles as a daily driver before they need to be changed out and they are $$$. Also, it rains all winter here in SJ... October straight through March. I've driven both and saw no difference in braking response but did notice the RPMs on the brembo cars (despite having the same 3.73 rear end) was higher on the highway at 60mph than the non-brembo 19". What's the deal with that?

As for heated seats, it gets cold here in the winter and my better half will KILL me if I don't get heated seats... LOL. Choices, choices. UGH!!!!
Old 9/3/10, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Adam
How so? You need 4 seats or something? 300+ HP should be plenty for the "Daily grind."
It's a much harsher and less refined car than a Premium GT. The clutch is an on/off switch with no feedback, the transmission is the notchiest, clunkiest MT I have ever experienced (and I had a TR3650), and needing to wind it up over 4k to get anywhere gets old after a while. If you don't have aftermarket exhaust, all you hear is tire noise. There is NO sound deadening. If you have exhaust, then it's a drone machine.

I still love it, though. If you want a sports car the 370Z is the best bang for the buck around. If you want a weekend toy, the 370Z is an absolute blast. It just gets a little old trying to live with it every day. Right now the Mustang just suits me better.

I will miss the precision handling and the head-turning factor for sure, though. This car gets so many looks, especially in bright red.
Old 9/3/10, 02:35 PM
V6 Member

It's a much harsher and less refined car than a Premium GT. The clutch is an on/off switch with no feedback, the transmission is the notchiest, clunkiest MT I have ever experienced (and I had a TR3650), and needing to wind it up over 4k to get anywhere gets old after a while. If you don't have aftermarket exhaust, all you hear is tire noise. There is NO sound deadening. If you have exhaust, then it's a drone machine.

I still love it, though. If you want a sports car the 370Z is the best bang for the buck around. If you want a weekend toy, the 370Z is an absolute blast. It just gets a little old trying to live with it every day. Right now the Mustang just suits me better.

I will miss the precision handling and the head-turning factor for sure, though. This car gets so many looks, especially in bright red.
Yeah man. Before I bought my CS, I wanted a 350Z really bad. But in the end, I have had Mustangs all of my life so I went with the CS. That being said, I am a huge fan of the Nismo350Z. The thing that always brings me back to the Mustang is the v8 sound lol.
Old 9/3/10, 02:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

neither, not enough options to my taste. Look for another car, unless you can't spend more money on a car that better suits your need.

Quick Reply: Which would you choose and why?