Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Went to order my 11 GT and I backed out!

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/10, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by csledd
haha! I think what is tripping me up is that 5 year car payment, it's a big commitment.
Don't make a decision unless you are 100% ok with it. Give it another few weeks or months to decide. I have a 2000 Elantra that I bought brand new in 1999. Since 2005 I've wanted a new car but just couldn't justify it to myself and couldn't decide what I wanted. Then in the last year, my car has gotten so bad that I've had to buy a new car. I then found the perfect car in the new Mustang and the decision became a no brainer for me .

Oh...and just last week my Elantra blew a hole in the side of the engine. My new car should be here this week. No regrets at all...haha.
Old 5/31/10, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It'll look good on your credit score! Well, after it's paid. I think.

Well, if you're worried about it being a good deal, it's actually a pretty solid one. 37k for the whole thing after taxes and title is a great price, better than what I paid for mine, which is almost identical except for the HIDs and paint job, but I paid 40 for mine after taxes, so yeah, I think it's a good deal.

As for the rest, as long as you can afford it, I'm sure he won't regret letting you get a Mustang GT.

Also, on the 500/0% incentive, from what I've heard Ford rarely fails to renew an incentive, and it usually only gets better, not worse. I'm not too concerned about it, besides, as far as I know, you have to take delivery first, so it's whatever incentives are available when the car hits the lot.

Last edited by Lancel; 5/31/10 at 04:39 PM.
Old 5/31/10, 04:41 PM
V6 Member

My 11 GT on order is $28,300 + TTL. My G35x has all the extra options and my C4 has few. I still prefer to drive the Vette.

I drove an 11 GT today and Ford did an excellent job. Loved chirping the tires in second.
Old 5/31/10, 04:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
Ahh, but if your spending 37,000 on the wedding its perfectly ok to her.. then no expense is too great..

37k on a party that lasts a few hours.. you will be too tired to enjoy, and you will either be too drunk or forget 90% of it..

or 37k on something that you can use everyday.

been there done that..
and now 12 years later im happily divorced..

Exactly. You've been married and you understand how they think.
Old 5/31/10, 04:54 PM
GT Member

Haha.. actually I am the bride and I don't mind spending less money on the wedding to purchase the car!
He is against it? Does he understand how hot it is to have a chick that is into cars?

Dump him. Pronto.

Old 5/31/10, 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think I am going to do it, but maybe see if I can find a dealership giving me closer to invoice. My dealership price ended up being with X Plan but I think I can save like another 1.5k if I find someone to give me invoice :\
If you have x-plan you can only expect to save about another $5-600 dollars even if you pay slightly under invoice. X-plan is only a couple hundred over invoice.

The other think that really made me laugh is the fact you are getting married but you are very concerned abaout how long of a commitment a 5 year loan is.
Old 5/31/10, 05:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
The other think that really made me laugh is the fact you are getting married but you are very concerned abaout how long of a commitment a 5 year loan is.
Old 5/31/10, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

haha! I think what is tripping me up is that 5 year car payment, it's a big commitment.
Yes it is. My very first new car back in 1996 came with a 5-year loan. I ended up keeping that car for 9 1/2 years, but really regretted having a 5 year loan on it. I did pay it off about 8 months early, but swore I'd never have a loan for 60 or more months again. I try and limit myself to no more than 36 month vehicle loans now, and still try and pay them off early.

Having a five year loan (without a significant amount of money down up front) usually means you're upside down on the car for quite a long period of time (and I don't do gap insurance), and I always try and never have a loan longer than the standard manufacturers warranty (I don't do extended warranties either). If I can't afford the payments with a 36 month loan on any car I'm considering, I'll either save up more for a down payment or look at getting another car.

Good luck on your car buying decision, and your upcoming nuptials, I hope everything goes well with both. I've been married for 16 years now to my wonderful wife, and as much as I love Mustangs, I'd never let one get between the two of us. I bought my 2nd Mustang when we were dating, and consulted her about the purchase, even though we weren't engaged yet.
Old 5/31/10, 06:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottH
Hahaha. If the fiance doesn't agree, but tells you its okay, then its really not okay. Might as well learn that lesson before you get married
Or you just get rid of the fiance and go it alone...

Ok, I kid. Part of the reason I'll be ordering mine is because I'm done with the g/f. It just accelerated the time table.

To the OP, I suggest the 7 day rule. If you're thinking of it, think about it for a week. Crunch some numbers, then put them aside for a day or two. See how they look on a clear mind later on. If you're still convinced that you can afford and want it, then go ahead with the order. Besides, your dealer should allow you to get out of the order with 100% of your money back. At least a reputable one will.
Old 5/31/10, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Get the car!

After you DO get it and drive it home, pull up on the driveway blasting AC/DC, he will be like "okay, you're right, that's one badass car honey".

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 5/31/10 at 06:44 PM.
Old 5/31/10, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can afford it, that's not the issue. My fiance doesn't agree with the purchase but is okay with it so I think that is making it a little more difficult in making my decision.
You only live once, and if you start having a family, it will only get tougher to waste money on a car. When you do, it will be for your wife so her and the kids are safe.

edit: ah...hell...more info came through on the thread since I posted... get the car before you have to get an SUV for the kids.

Last edited by ttbit; 5/31/10 at 06:52 PM.
Old 5/31/10, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
He is against it? Does he understand how hot it is to have a chick that is into cars?

Dump him. Pronto.

+1.........
Old 5/31/10, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

The X-Plan will be less than $200 over invoice. On my 2010 GT w/ WS of over $38,000 the X-plan price was $134 over invoice. Make certain you have the $750 discount from the email brouchure.
Old 5/31/10, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
+1.........

Dump him. Pronto.

+2! She sounds like a keeper to me.
Old 5/31/10, 07:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stang7300
+2! She sounds like a keeper to me.

+3. euhhhh.....have her phone number by any chance.
Old 5/31/10, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you or your fiance have any kids?
Old 5/31/10, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

The bf was not so excited about spending so much cash
What
Old 5/31/10, 07:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Look at your 5 year plan... If you plan on buying a house within the next 5 years, having kids within the next 5 years and/or getting married within the next 5 years (especially if you'll have to pay for it yourself) budget all of those expenses now with and without the Mustang.

If the budget with the Stang is doable, by all means do it now -while you can

Financial squabbles can bring down a relationship, planning things out in advance will help keep you both happy

Best of luck with your decision and your relationship

Last edited by Kahdir; 5/31/10 at 07:52 PM.
Old 5/31/10, 07:52 PM
GT Member

strap the kiddies in the back & "YYYEEEEHHHHAAAA"!!!!! Have fun!!!
Old 5/31/10, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
If you have x-plan you can only expect to save about another $5-600 dollars even if you pay slightly under invoice. X-plan is only a couple hundred over invoice.

My dealership quoted me 34,807 for 401A, 3.73s, Brembo's, Comfort , & security package

The invoice price comes to 33290 for all those options. Why is there a $1500 difference?

And I had a 5 year loan on my 03 and paid it off half a year early, just wasn't sure if I wanted to have such a high payment for 5 years.. doesn't really reflect on my relationship.

Quick Reply: Went to order my 11 GT and I backed out!