2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Well, headers arrived, sort of...

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/14, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figures.

You know all about my recent **** experience with AmericanMuscle, right? In the end they were like "oh well you know, since we suck so much, we'd at least like to offer you a nice price on that CDC Lightbar, since we suck and can't get you the wind deflector."

So I went for the bait again. PM'd them about a CDC Lightbar. Of course, I get jack**** back, and never hear from AM again.

You know who did come through like a boss though??? CJ Pony Parts. I ordered the same stuff, and guess what? it's already on it's way (wind deflector comes tomorrow, light bar next week)

I'm really sorry you're learning a hard lesson here. I can honestly say that if CJPP and LateModelResto had better websites to navigate, they'd be the preferred source for most people.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 4/23/14 at 03:36 PM.
Old 4/23/14, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Figures.

You know all about my recent **** experience with them right? In the end they were like "oh well you know, since we suck so much, we'd at least like to offer you a nice price on that CDC Lightbar, since we suck and can't get you the wind deflector."

So I went for the bait again. PM'd them about a CDC Lightbar. Of course, I get jack**** back, and never hear from AM again.

You know who did come through like a boss though??? CJ Pony Parts. I ordered the same stuff, and guess what? it's already on it's way (wind deflector comes tomorrow, light bar next week)

I'm really sorry you're learning a hard lesson here. I can honestly say that if CJPP and LateModelResto had better websites to navigate, they'd be the preferred source for most people.
I plan on doing any and all purchasing from now on through Jay, although it will probably be a while before I do anything to my Mustang until later this year; headers were supposed to be the last thing for awhile as I am moving really soon. I'm just frustrated at this point and don't want to really even do anything.

I just hope other people will see us having problems on the forums and realize there are much better company to send your hard earned dollars to that will actually take care of you. Oh well, you live and you learn.
Old 4/23/14, 03:45 PM
Banned

you know what really sucks? I don't hate American Muscle, I just hate their service and lack of parts when you actually need them.

In fact a good portion of my mods came through them, but only because people directed me there first. They all seem like really nice/good people, but their customer service is pretty crappy.
Old 4/23/14, 03:46 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
I just hope other people will see us having problems on the forums and realize there are much better company to send your hard earned dollars to that will actually take care of you. Oh well, you live and you learn.
I haven't ordered since 2011 so maybe something has changed. But I received FRPP Cam Covers in the box with a paint flaw (not AM's fault) and they shipped new ones out immediately - before I even returned the old ones. Gave me a Return Authorization by phone and picked up the freight. Could not have been smoother or easier. Plus their price was best.

Perhaps some of the issues are related to how many manufacturers in various industries are still cautious to hire and ramp up production.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/23/14 at 03:48 PM.
Old 4/23/14, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Rehagen Racing is another good vendor and their prices on FRPP stuff are generally the best on the internet...
Old 4/23/14, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

you know what really sucks? I don't hate American Muscle, I just hate their service and lack of parts when you actually need them.

In fact a good portion of my mods came through them, but only because people directed me there first. They all seem like really nice/good people, but their customer service is pretty crappy.
All my other orders have gone smoothly, and like I said, I've spent a good deal of money with them. But this has been the biggest PITA I've had with online ordering in years.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I haven't ordered since 2011 so maybe something has changed. But I received FRPP Cam Covers in the box with a paint flaw (not AM's fault) and they shipped new ones out immediately - before I even returned the old ones. Gave me a Return Authorization by phone and picked up the freight. Could not have been smoother or easier. Plus their price was best.

Perhaps some of the issues are related to how many manufacturers in various industries are still cautious to hire and ramp up production.
All of the problems I've faced have been solely the fault of AM. To shorten everything up:
>Place an order for Headers, Midpipe, and Tuner
>Receive three tracking numbers
>Only receive Headers and Tuner
>AM is now out of stock of midpipe
>call them, they can't refund me my money at that point, they tell me they are 3 weeks out on midpipe
>get told I am going to be contacted again soon
>receive a blank invoice with a tracking number attached, must be midpipe
>wait a week, receive a box, another set of headers, send Dan a PM, send an email to AM, never get contacted
>after waiting, finally call them, they send me a return label for the second set of headers, tell me they are 3 weeks out on midpipe
>send off headers
>call them back, ask to get a refund for the midpipe I never received, they tell me it will be refunded in just a second
>get ready to place an order with Jay
>never receive refund, call today, get told they are waiting to receive the headers before they release a refund for the midpipe, then get hung up on while waiting on hold patiently
>call and return initial set of headers

Got my label, now I am going to have to go drive across town Again to get these shipped off, wasting even more of my time, energy, and gas.

I don't care about the backorder, that isn't why I am mad. It is the sneaky actions and poor customer service(lack of ever being contacted or filled in on what is going on) that annoys me.

How it should have happened:
>place order for midpipe
>they call and tell me they don't have any in stock
>I get refund and place an order for one through a different vendor
>I receive all of my parts
>Flowers Bloom and an age of World Peace and Prosperity begins
Old 4/23/14, 04:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow... Narph. So sorry. Lesson learned eh? That's alright buddy...

Danielle, don't fall for them again please, for the love of god.

I'm about ready to buy from both hypermotive (again...lol) and steeda. This will be my first from steeda so we will see.
Old 4/23/14, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wow... Narph. So sorry. Lesson learned eh? That's alright buddy... Danielle, don't fall for them again please, for the love of god. I'm about ready to buy from both hypermotive (again...lol) and steeda. This will be my first from steeda so we will see.
Tbe most disappointing thing is that this has really turned me away from modding the stang at all. I'm just not all happy about it as I was prior.

I'll probably just throw my OTA pipes on it, make sure my mufflers are even, and give her an oil change before my flight leaves tomorrow, and call it good for now.
Old 4/23/14, 04:43 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
How it should have happened:
>place order for midpipe
>they call and tell me they don't have any in stock
>I get refund and place an order for one through a different vendor
>I receive all of my parts
I agree. That is HORRIBLE customer service,....and customer service and product is EVERYTHING!
Good luck man.
Old 4/23/14, 04:52 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All my other orders have gone smoothly, and like I said, I've spent a good deal of money with them. But this has been the biggest PITA I've had with online ordering in years.

Time for a CEO/President letter me thinks. After a few attempts with midlings, always go to the top! I always get results that way. PM sent.
Old 4/23/14, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Tbe most disappointing thing is that this has really turned me away from modding the stang at all. I'm just not all happy about it as I was prior.

I'll probably just throw my OTA pipes on it, make sure my mufflers are even, and give her an oil change before my flight leaves tomorrow, and call it good for now.
Just walk away for a little. I'm sure that modding feeling will come back sooner than you think. You just need a breather from all the BS.

I've purchased from at least 5 vendors. I will never by from Stage 3 again, and AM is on very thin ice with me. I've had a few minor issues with them and it's just getting old.
Old 4/23/14, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
Just walk away for a little. I'm sure that modding feeling will come back sooner than you think. You just need a breather from all the BS.

I've purchased from at least 5 vendors. I will never by from Stage 3 again, and AM is on very thin ice with me. I've had a few minor issues with them and it's just getting old.
That's the plan. Going to furnish the new place and get all that setup, and look back at more mods later this year.
Old 4/23/14, 07:45 PM
Banned

no i get that. Ordering my whiteline trans bushing from CJPP, my MGW from MGW, and then when it comes from my wheels/tires from Hypermotive, and my hood from BMC then I'm completely done with the car until it's blower time, and again I'll probably try Hypermotive.

I plan on everything but the blower this year. I figure this years mods will be more than enough to sate me.
Old 4/23/14, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

I've ordered 2 things from AM, my exhaust and wheels. No problems with them on exhaust, some issues with wheels, and the key for the spline lug nuts was broken.

They were going to give me new center caps(received), tail light tint(received in a 2nd package the next day, and the coyote 3rd brake decal(still waiting,should be here Friday) all this was very recent for the wheel problems. The CS has been good for me... I bit annoying that the decal (should have been here with the caps, then didn't come in the 2nd package with the tail light tint) but nothing too bad.
Old 4/23/14, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

no i get that. Ordering my whiteline trans bushing from CJPP, my MGW from MGW, and then when it comes from my wheels/tires from Hypermotive, and my hood from BMC then I'm completely done with the car until it's blower time, and again I'll probably try Hypermotive.

I plan on everything but the blower this year. I figure this years mods will be more than enough to sate me.
My plans never quite pan out. I'm way too impulsive and have too many expensive hobbies, lol.

Originally Posted by RC13GT
I've ordered 2 things from AM, my exhaust and wheels. No problems with them on exhaust, some issues with wheels, and the key for the spline lug nuts was broken.

They were going to give me new center caps(received), tail light tint(received in a 2nd package the next day, and the coyote 3rd brake decal(still waiting,should be here Friday) all this was very recent for the wheel problems. The CS has been good for me... I bit annoying that the decal (should have been here with the caps, then didn't come in the 2nd package with the tail light tint) but nothing too bad.
All my previous orders have been fine, except the UPS ground from their location takes forever(not their fault), this one has been the epitome of frustrating, however.
Old 4/23/14, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

UPS was probably why the center caps had dents and scratches. AM more than made up for it with the tint, well, the wheels and tires were 2K though... Hopefully the brake decal finally comes in, that should have been here last week, but I'm not complaining, it's free.
Old 4/23/14, 09:22 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
no i get that. Ordering my whiteline trans bushing from CJPP, my MGW from MGW, and then when it comes from my wheels/tires from Hypermotive, and my hood from BMC then I'm completely done with the car until it's blower time, and again I'll probably try Hypermotive. I plan on everything but the blower this year. I figure this years mods will be more than enough to sate me.
I'm glad you're not thinking of selling the car. I know at one point you were thinking about switching...
Old 4/23/14, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I'm glad you're not thinking of selling the car. I know at one point you were thinking about switching...
haha.. i didn't even post what my wife did to me last weekend.

We went to a Mini dealership to check out the Countryman John Cooper Works and to get info on the facelift to the '15' CM's that's coming. She's still undecided on a new car, and with her having a White House (i'm not kidding, either) detail for the foreseeable future, she's probably not going to need wheels as there's a metro stop two blocks away. Other options are Focus ST, WRX STi, Lancer Evo, and A3 or lightly used S4.

On the way home (she was driving) she beelined to the Chevrolet dealership and asked to see the Corvettes. She hadn't seen the new '14's in person. While there she basically picked out exactly the car she wanted (Dark Red, Z51 w/ black wheels, manual trans, transparent roof, nav.

On the way home I said "I'm willing to bet that if we were to get that Sting Ray, the Mustang would have to go" She says "well of course."

I love the new Vette, and always have been a Camaro and Vette fan, but the new gen really does it for me. She had me salivating on this idea for a good hour.

Then on the way home she goes.... "But when I buy cars, I keep them for a long time, I don't just get a new car every two years because I can."

While she had me stewing on that she said "Besides, I've never seen a car get as many comments as this car. The Grabber Blue and White stripes stands out."

so she squashed me there. I need to play the long game. If we were to swap the GT for an identical GT500, I'd feel terrible parking it in the driveway every day and not in the garage. I'd feel just the same if it were a Sting Ray too. We're going to be selling the house in the next year, and from there once we have the house with the space we want, then I can entertain those other ideas. Get Shelby, get Sting Ray, or get another car for me and turn the GT into the "toy car" instead of DD and go nuts with it, we'll finally have the space for it.

She's just got her feet in the White House a few weeks ago, I have Leukemia, my long term health is uncertain, and we're going to put the house on the market soon. Too much going on to make big vehicular decisions.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 4/23/14 at 09:53 PM.
Old 4/23/14, 10:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I've been a Ford fan since my first word was "Bronco" due to my first toy being a white Bronco II matchbox. That said, I do like the new Corvettes. It's sad when I'm still undecided about the new Mustang, but I know for sure I like the new Vette.
Old 4/23/14, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I've been a Ford fan since my first word was "Bronco" due to my first toy being a white Bronco II matchbox. That said, I do like the new Corvettes. It's sad when I'm still undecided about the new Mustang, but I know for sure I like the new Vette.
In my personal opinion, the high end performance offerings of GM trump the crap out of ford, not taking price into consideration.

The 1LE, Z28, and the C7s are all killer cars.

Quick Reply: Well, headers arrived, sort of...