2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The Waiting Game

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/10, 12:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang

Ordered Jan..I say June/July oh well.....
Old 4/28/10, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ah, crap. Just called Ford, railroad has received my car but hasn't updated it status as to if it's in transit or not. However, my 2nd ETA of May3 has been pushed to May6, really wanted my GT/CS to arrive in time for my BBQ this weekend.
Old 4/28/10, 09:45 PM

Was just told today that my car was built April 22 and will arrive at the dealer May 8th. Ordered it March 3.
Old 4/28/10, 10:04 PM

Ordered April 3rd, built April 19th, ETA delivery May 2nd.
Old 4/29/10, 03:02 PM
GT Member

wait

okay time to rant so sorry, but how the **#*&** do some of us order in April and it gets built in April, and those of us who order earlier....like Jan have yet to get an ETA/VIN!! AGHHHH!!!!
Old 4/29/10, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

In some cases dealers already ordered cars got "replaced" with the customers order. In others its the option mix you ordered. The Non-Brembo, Non-CS 19" Wheels for instance may be in short supply.

On the other hand standard 18's and Cloth may be abundant so I get scheduled 21 days after I place my order. But I did get bumped a week for the shutdown.

My order is coded as a Retail Order for those that thought Dealers Cars were being run around you.

I was told Spoiler Delete Trunk Lids were on restriction. The holes are prestamped and they have a shortage of "no-hole" lids.

Last edited by Gene K; 4/29/10 at 03:53 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

In some cases already ordered cars got "replaced" with the customers order
\

What does this mean? -__-
Old 4/29/10, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
\

What does this mean? -__-
The dealer already had a car ordered. When you placed your order he asked that the specs be changed match yours. In otherwords your car replaced his one month out and his went to the back of the line.
Old 4/29/10, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm getting tired of waiting myself. I knew I would have to wait on the car, but I'm waiting on certain other things in my life as well, and those other things are taking equally long, and are more significant than a car purchase. And there's nothing I can do about it. Just wait. And I can't help that it is starting to **** me off. I wish I could just put myself in stasis for a few months while I wait on the other aspects of my life to finally catch up with me.

I bought Bioshock 2 a little while ago and it distracted me for awhile. But I've played it all the way through twice now and it's about played out. Need a new distraction. I wish I could go help the people I am waiting on to get done a little sooner.

Last edited by Skotty; 4/29/10 at 06:52 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 11:38 PM

ordered 2/22 and nada..... /cry
Old 4/30/10, 06:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Man it seems like Ford is using LIFO order fulfillment (last in, first out.) I feel for everyone who ordered back in January/February and have NOTHING to give them warm fuzzy feelings about their order. Once I got my VIN I felt pretty comfortable that things were on track and whatever happened happened. I'll let Ford do its thing now. My concern up front was whether or not the dealer was doing his thing.

If it were me, I'd keep the order and wait for cars to hit the lots. If you see what you like and your order still isn't fulfilled, buy the car and cancel your original order.

Scott, increase the difficulty level in Bioshock 2 and start over. Or get a copy of Oblivion and help me get past the point where I'm stuck. LOL!
Old 4/30/10, 06:59 AM
V6 Member

Here's the lastest on my GT Prem. 6MT
Order 3/1
Build Date 4/21
Delivery 5/5 dealer says
Ford CS says 5/6
I don't care which one is right, as long as one of them is!!!
Old 4/30/10, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Man it seems like Ford is using LIFO order fulfillment (last in, first out.) I feel for everyone who ordered back in January/February and have NOTHING to give them warm fuzzy feelings about their order. Once I got my VIN I felt pretty comfortable that things were on track and whatever happened happened. I'll let Ford do its thing now. My concern up front was whether or not the dealer was doing his thing.

If it were me, I'd keep the order and wait for cars to hit the lots. If you see what you like and your order still isn't fulfilled, buy the car and cancel your original order.

Scott, increase the difficulty level in Bioshock 2 and start over. Or get a copy of Oblivion and help me get past the point where I'm stuck. LOL!
IF you haven't played Fallout 3 yet, that will suck ALOT of your time quickly.
Old 4/30/10, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
IF you haven't played Fallout 3 yet, that will suck ALOT of your time quickly.
One of the best ever! Oblivion is pretty amazing too.
Old 4/30/10, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Well my waiting game just got a little better. My GT is in Transit as of yesterday and being only 180 miles or so away I should be posting pics tonight. Our local 1/4 mile also has test and tune tonight - may have to be brave and take it.
Old 4/30/10, 08:15 AM
V6 Member

very encouraging!

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
Well my waiting game just got a little better. My GT is in Transit as of yesterday and being only 180 miles or so away I should be posting pics tonight. Our local 1/4 mile also has test and tune tonight - may have to be brave and take it.
That's great news, you have got to be psyched!

As I recall, wasn't the latest ETA 4/29? It is a manual, correct?
Old 4/30/10, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rhans
That's great news, you have got to be psyched!

As I recall, wasn't the latest ETA 4/29? It is a manual, correct?
Auto, still says ETA of 4/29. Just waiting for the call, I'm not getting anything done at work today.....
Old 4/30/10, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

I've been waiting for almost six years. I fell in love with the new body style as soon as it came out, but only now am I in a position to buy one. I could care less about a few more weeks/months. At 36, I'm much more patient than when I was younger.
Old 4/30/10, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

They say time seems to go by faster as you get older, too! My great grandma once said that this kept on going until eventually whole years would go by and she'd hardly notice.
Old 5/11/10, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

USELESS UPDATE - WARNING ANGRY RANT COMING SOON....

Well, looks like my orginal prediction was WRONG, Ford's first-second-third ETA was WRONG. Jerks at dealership have tried every profit/padding ploy known to man to squeeze an extra penny out of the deal and STILL NO CAR.

Just sold the supercharger off my car, now I have to drive a basically stock V6 to work till I sell the Stang to Carmax on Sunday, no fun at all.

If 2011 doesn't arrive by Monday, I'll have to put my faith in my Foxbody to endure an 86mile per day commute.

Worst of all, Dealer received one 2011 GT and 4 2011 v6's the day of my last ETA, checked their window stickers and were all built two weeks ahead of mine, this WAITING GAME SUCKS.

Quick Reply: The Waiting Game