The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Waiting 13 weeks- What does "Ramp 51 Flat Rock, Mich." mean? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/waiting-13-weeks-what-does-ramp-51-flat-rock-mich-mean-529184/)

titan105 3/26/14 10:28 AM

Waiting 13 weeks- What does "Ramp 51 Flat Rock, Mich." mean?

While losing my mind waiting for my GT Premium, ordered Dec. 20th, I've been checking the car's status with the dealer. Today he printed out: "Primary status: In Transit Secondary status: Ramp 51 Flat Rock, Mich."
Does anyone know what "Ramp 51" means?|
Thanks for any replies.

Ltngdrvr 3/26/14 10:36 AM

You've heard of "Area 51" where Uncle Sam keeps all the secret spy planes and captured UFO's, right?

It's sort of the same deal, except at ford's Mustang plant.

It's where they do secret research using customer ordered cars...:D

2014GHIGGT 3/26/14 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr (Post 6778690)
You've heard of "Area 51" where Uncle Sam keeps all the secret spy planes and captured UFO's, right?

It's sort of the same deal, except at ford's Mustang plant.

It's where they do secret research using customer ordered cars...:D

This happened to me when I orderd my 2011. Ramp 51 is a staging area for vehicles ready to ship. It basically means it is sitting in a parking lot somewhere.

Ltngdrvr 3/26/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT (Post 6778692)
This happened to me when I orderd my 2011. Ramp 51 is a staging area for vehicles ready to ship. It basically means it is sitting in a parking lot somewhere.

My answer was funnier.:p

05fordgt 3/26/14 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr (Post 6778740)
My answer was funnier.:p

DEFINITELY funnier, but sadly, true!!! :(

ace72ace 3/26/14 08:40 PM

All the Boss guys, myself included, went nuts waiting for our cars to ship. Most are shipped by rail, so the completed cars are staged in a huge parking lot waiting for a rail car. If you are lucky you might get your car in 2-3 weeks, there's really no way of knowing until your status changes and you leave 'area 51'. Cue the X-Files theme music. :shame:

David Young 3/27/14 03:45 AM

Ramp 51 is where your new Mustang sits for 3 months outside, in the sun with birds pooping on it :(

Bocefus 3/27/14 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by David Young (Post 6779037)
Ramp 51 is where your new Mustang sits for 3 months outside, in the sun with birds pooping on it :(

^^ lol

CCTking 3/27/14 06:52 AM

Ramp 51 is where they install the warp drive and use it to travel to the moon to test their suspension. Those "5.8" miles are light years of traveling back n forth through space!

Krohn 3/27/14 10:11 AM

I'll have a try...

Ramp 51 is the ramp between 50 and 52....

...well crap. That wasn't even funny.

13GetThere 3/27/14 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Krohn (Post 6779174)
I'll have a try...

I laughed:rofl2:

wanted33 3/27/14 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Krohn (Post 6779174)
I'll have a try...

But it is really really cute....:D

Titan, touch base with Deysha (our resident Ford angel), she'll tell you the info. she needs to track the car. It makes the waiting a bit easier, but not by much. Hope it shows up soon.

Varilux 3/27/14 02:32 PM

As mentioned, all Mustangs make their tour of Ramp 51 on the way out of the factory. The day after mine was listed as built and on Ramp 51, the plant shut down for a week (for retooling). No worries, they were still shipping cars. Well, came to find out mine was sitting INSIDE the factory when they closed down... so it sat there for a week just waiting to be put outside for the train.

The waiting is horrible, but in the end its worth it.

If you haven't already seen it, check out this Nat'l Geographic special on the Flat Rock plant showing how our cars are built. It definitely gives you an appreciation for the folks who put these cars together!

FordService 3/28/14 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by titan105 (Post 6778686)
While losing my mind waiting for my GT Premium, ordered Dec. 20th, I've been checking the car's status with the dealer. Today he printed out: "Primary status: In Transit Secondary status: Ramp 51 Flat Rock, Mich."
Does anyone know what "Ramp 51" means?|
Thanks for any replies.

Ramp 51 is one of the many ramps our vehicles go to await shipment, titan105. Thanks to the awesome weather up north there have been issues with transportation. Vehicles are starting to ship. Yours should move soon.

Originally Posted by wanted33 (Post 6779292)
But it is really really cute....:D

Titan, touch base with Deysha (our resident Ford angel), she'll tell you the info. she needs to track the car. It makes the waiting a bit easier, but not by much. Hope it shows up soon.

Thanks, wanted33!

Originally Posted by Varilux (Post 6779311)
As mentioned, all Mustangs make their tour of Ramp 51 on the way out of the factory. The day after mine was listed as built and on Ramp 51, the plant shut down for a week (for retooling). No worries, they were still shipping cars. Well, came to find out mine was sitting INSIDE the factory when they closed down... so it sat there for a week just waiting to be put outside for the train.

The waiting is horrible, but in the end its worth it.

If you haven't already seen it, check out this Nat'l Geographic special on the Flat Rock plant showing how our cars are built. It definitely gives you an appreciation for the folks who put these cars together!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HCbYNOP4mc

Thanks for the video, Varilux!

Deysha