2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/11, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
My build date is 06062011 but my window sticker isn't available yet. I always thought the build dates were on Mondays, but which really meant the car would actually be built sometime during that week, not necessarily on Monday. I could be completely wrong though.....
Build Weeks are based on the Monday of that week. The Build Day is the day the car is actually built. You might still have a Build Date of 6/6, but in any case, your car will be built one day that week. Your window sticker will apppear about a week or so prior to the Build Day. Tomorrow being Memorial Day might delay your window sticker a day, if, in fact, you are scheduled for a 6/6 Build.
Old 5/29/11, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by generalee31184
Hey guys, I ordered a 12' Gt through my local dealer that I like to deal with and wanted to buy from. Ordered on 4/30/11. Dealer says it is still listed as unscheduled/clean. When originally looking for new ones, I went to another dealer and he stated he could get one quicker because he had 2 allocated to him already. He also gave $500 more off the deal. Well I went back to the dealer I wanted to deal with and he matched it of course. His answer to them telling me they could get it quicker was that he can put it in as retail order and it will still be the same time frame. I am beginning to believe the other dealer at this point though. I just can not believe a month into the order and we have no clue if this thing is even going to be built this summer. I dont want to ditch my dealer but....
Originally Posted by JohnNy5126
I see people who ordered their cars at the end of march and have a date to be delivered at this month. I ordered mine 3/20 and have no vin, info or anything on mine. The dealer "will let me know" if he hears anything.

I did send her a message Friday but I have read she is out of town for the weekend. So I will she if she has any different answers for me. The dealer I actually ordered from did not have any allocated to him. But he told me that should not matter and it should be bout 6-8 weeks either way. Well here I am a month into it and my order is nothing more than just that an order sitting on the computer. I just wondered if I went back to the other dealer that had allocation if it would or would have been quicker.
Here is a link to an excellent explanation of the order and allocation process:
http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...ocation-19747/
Old 5/29/11, 12:22 PM
V6 Member

[QUOTE=LaVARedOM;6082089]Here is a link to an excellent explanation of the order and allocation process:
http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...ocation-19747/[/QUOTE

Thanks for that reply, so from the sounds of it, maybe going with the bigger dealership that I went to for a price instead of my hometown dealer may have gotten things moving a little quicker. I dont know if I dare cancel my order and go out to them and see what they say. I just think it is ridiculous a month into it and don't even know if it will be built this summer!
Old 5/29/11, 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=generalee31184;6082119]
Originally Posted by LaVARedOM

Thanks for that reply, so from the sounds of it, maybe going with the bigger dealership that I went to for a price instead of my hometown dealer may have gotten things moving a little quicker. I dont know if I dare cancel my order and go out to them and see what they say. I just think it is ridiculous a month into it and don't even know if it will be built this summer!
I contacted my dealer twice during the first month and they told me nothing was happening. Don't trust them, the are completely incompetent in my opinion going into this and as my experience has proven. If you expect them to contact you at any point, it probably won't be until the car shows up and they want you to come pay your bill. I was promised several times that I would be kept informed and I have heard nothing.

After waiting for 30 days I decided to contact Deysha to confirm my suspicions and I was right. After giving her my dealership info and order number she had my build week for me and my complete VIN.

Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean things aren't moving. I hope this is the case for you.
Old 5/29/11, 01:26 PM
V6 Member

[QUOTE=2012-BLACK-GT/CS;6082143]

I contacted my dealer twice during the first month and they told me nothing was happening. Don't trust them, the are completely incompetent in my opinion going into this and as my experience has proven. If you expect them to contact you at any point, it probably won't be until the car shows up and they want you to come pay your bill. I was promised several times that I would be kept informed and I have heard nothing.

After waiting for 30 days I decided to contact Deysha to confirm my suspicions and I was right. After giving her my dealership info and order number she had my build week for me and my complete VIN.

Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean things aren't moving. I hope this is the case for you.
Yeah its not that my dealer has not been in contact with me, I only live 5 min from them and work in the area so I swing by to get an update. Went in the office friday with sales manager and he looked it up an it still says unscheduled/clean. He called some ford person to see why it is taking so long to pull the order. The guy didnt really have an answer, nor no answer on the Kona Blue paint shortage. Really irritates you when you have someone willing to spend money and you have no update on the 40,000 dollar car they want to buy.
Old 5/29/11, 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=generalee31184;6082119]
Originally Posted by LaVARedOM

It has only been a month since you ordered so it is far, far too early to panic and become overly concerned. For what it is worth, it would probably behoove you to maintain the good relationship with your dealership because once they place the order, it is out of their hands as to when your car gets scheduled. If you switched to a high volume delaership, it is also possible for that high volume dealer to have exhausted their allocation as well. One just never knows. My gut feeling is that you will be issued a VIN on Friday, the information for which you can obtain on your own by contacting Ford CRC at 800-392-3673; give them your order number and dealer ID and they will provide the staus of your order. Friday is a very good day to call for updated information.
Old 5/30/11, 12:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy quotation fails, Batman!
Old 5/30/11, 10:09 AM
GT Member

OK –

After weeks of prompting from my wife, I've decided to finally post - to share my Mustang story. I’m hoping my pictures show up in the right order, as it’ll add a lot to the story. The first? four pics are not actual photos of the cars I’m referencing – just samples I found on the internet. One is exaggerated a bit, as you’ll see.

It started when I was 12, and my parents bought a slightly used 1966 Ivy Green Mustang Convertible with black interior for $700. It was in outstanding condition – and it was beautiful. I rode in it every chance I got. They purchased it as a 2nd car so two of my brothers and one of my sisters could use, as there was a 2-3 year gap in our ages. It was to be mine to drive when I turned 16 - but my three siblings were in front of me. Each one of them abused the car more and more. Finally, sibling number three loaned it to an unlicensed 15-year old "girlfriend" who immediately wrecked it and left it in a nearly un-drivable condition. My parents were (understandably) fed-up and finally sold it for $400. I never got the chance to drive it.

When I was 16, my parents paid for half of my $600 1966 VW bug – complete with rust and several dents. But it ran. At 17, I’d saved $2,000 to buy my own car. I made the mistake of car shopping with my dad, who convinced me the 1971 Maverick was a smarter buy than the 1970 red Mustang Mach I. Through the years that followed, my vehicles have consisted of more VW bugs, small pickups, and – when the family came along – station wagons and minivans. Nearly forty years since I first fell in love with the Mustang, I’d yet to even drive one.

But now, at 50, my life-long wait ended earlier this month with a 2012 Lava Red Mustang with 305 HP (I prefer that description over V-6), Glass Roof, Pony Package, and more. It is fantastic! I should add that I now have a 15-year old daughter of my own – who (much to her disliking) will never drive it, as I’ve seen what that age group can do to them.

I love the way this car’s color changes in direct sun, shade, cloudy days, and twilight. It’s like owning a car that morphs into three colors throughout the day. For others with Lava Red, yes, it’s a lot of work keeping it clean - but worth it. Do yourself a favor and give it a good washing and apply a good layer of wax. It’s easier now, with the butter-like waxes. They do a great job, and will make keeping it clean so much easier.

I hope those waiting for their rides receive good news soon. And I know there have been several folks waiting months for their orders. Hang in there. As others have said, it’s worth it. Frankly, it feels like it was worth the 40-year wait for me.
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-1b.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-2b.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-3b.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-4b.jpg  
Attached Images     
Old 5/30/11, 01:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Lava Dude - I LOVE your car! What is the interior like? Lava as well? Congrats on finally getting the car you wanted!
Old 5/30/11, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lava Dude
OK –

After weeks of prompting from my wife, I've decided to finally post - to share my Mustang story. I’m hoping my pictures show up in the right order, as it’ll add a lot to the story. The first? four pics are not actual photos of the cars I’m referencing – just samples I found on the internet. One is exaggerated a bit, as you’ll see.

It started when I was 12, and my parents bought a slightly used 1966 Ivy Green Mustang Convertible with black interior for $700. It was in outstanding condition – and it was beautiful. I rode in it every chance I got. They purchased it as a 2nd car so two of my brothers and one of my sisters could use, as there was a 2-3 year gap in our ages. It was to be mine to drive when I turned 16 - but my three siblings were in front of me. Each one of them abused the car more and more. Finally, sibling number three loaned it to an unlicensed 15-year old "girlfriend" who immediately wrecked it and left it in a nearly un-drivable condition. My parents were (understandably) fed-up and finally sold it for $400. I never got the chance to drive it.

When I was 16, my parents paid for half of my $600 1966 VW bug – complete with rust and several dents. But it ran. At 17, I’d saved $2,000 to buy my own car. I made the mistake of car shopping with my dad, who convinced me the 1971 Maverick was a smarter buy than the 1970 red Mustang Mach I. Through the years that followed, my vehicles have consisted of more VW bugs, small pickups, and – when the family came along – station wagons and minivans. Nearly forty years since I first fell in love with the Mustang, I’d yet to even drive one.

But now, at 50, my life-long wait ended earlier this month with a 2012 Lava Red Mustang with 305 HP (I prefer that description over V-6), Glass Roof, Pony Package, and more. It is fantastic! I should add that I now have a 15-year old daughter of my own – who (much to her disliking) will never drive it, as I’ve seen what that age group can do to them.

I love the way this car’s color changes in direct sun, shade, cloudy days, and twilight. It’s like owning a car that morphs into three colors throughout the day. For others with Lava Red, yes, it’s a lot of work keeping it clean - but worth it. Do yourself a favor and give it a good washing and apply a good layer of wax. It’s easier now, with the butter-like waxes. They do a great job, and will make keeping it clean so much easier.

I hope those waiting for their rides receive good news soon. And I know there have been several folks waiting months for their orders. Hang in there. As others have said, it’s worth it. Frankly, it feels like it was worth the 40-year wait for me.
I ordered min before i knew of the Lava Red. I like it. I even entertained the the of changing from Grabber Blue to the Lava Red but i love the Grabber Blue too much. Anyways, sharp car! Thanks for sharing your story. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 5/30/11, 03:32 PM
GT Member

So we've had our car for a few days, and have almost burned through a tank of gas. What can we say, we've been driving it every chance we get. One funny thing to note, my wife keeps saying to "not hot rod" it too much.......guess who actually has more of a lead foot in the car? Yup, my wife is all smiles in this car, stating she had no idea how much she'd love the car now that we have it. She speaks the truth, this car is absolutely amazing!

Below are a few pictures we've taken. The top one is as the car sat at the dealer when we went to pick it up. The ones following are of the blue coil cover mod I did the same day, then pictures after freshly being waxed.

The only issue we ran into with our car is, below each rear quarter window, we had several streaks that looked like dried water marks. I tried to buff them out, but I couldn't get them to budge. We called our dealer today (Memorial Day, 5/30), and they had us bring it right down. We showed them the streaks in the paint, then they whisked our car away to the detail shop. About 10 minutes later our car was back and the streaks were gone! Now everything was 100% perfect with our car.

To those of you still waiting, it will be worth the wait. There is no doubt that you will be satisfied with your car. Don't get impatient and go settle for something else....there is nothing else to settle for if you truly wanted a Mustang.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone on these forums who helped us get through the tough times of waiting. Thanks also to Deysha for monitoring these forums and providing help when she could.

We'll still be on the forums, and hope you all enjoy your Mustangs as much as we are.

Old 5/30/11, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
very nice. I saw a RC CS today and it was beatiful. Enjoy the new ride and save some gas for the rest of us.
Old 5/30/11, 04:16 PM
GT Member

I picked up my race red GT on Friday the 27th. The car was delivered with a faulty traction control module. The part is on order. I have been driving the car as much as possible. It is as amazing as I thought it would be. I get lots of looks wherever I go. I have given more rides in it than I can count. Everyone loves it. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Ford and the dealer blew it though as far as me buying another Ford. I will never say never but after the poor communication and lying from the dealer along with Ford not caring, it will take a special car from Ford to make me want to buy another one. I still love mustangs though so if any car can pull me over it will be another stang.
Old 5/30/11, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

...story...
Congrats on the realization of a dream, Lava Dude! Acquiring a 5.0 is the realization of a 20+ year dream for me so while not quite as long I can definitely relate!

...pics...
BEAUTIFUL CAR!! The more pics I see of the color, the happier I am that I ordered it! ~3 more weeks!!
Old 5/31/11, 07:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
OK –

WOW Lava Dude! CONGRATS on your dream ride, it is a BEAUTY!!!

Deysha
Old 5/31/11, 07:46 AM
GT Member

Ford called friday to inform me, that my car was built & sitting on Ramp 5P. Should only be a few weeks now.
Old 5/31/11, 08:25 AM

Hey guys, I ordered a 12' Gt through my local dealer that I like to deal with and wanted to buy from. Ordered on 4/30/11. Dealer says it is still listed as unscheduled/clean. When originally looking for new ones, I went to another dealer and he stated he could get one quicker because he had 2 allocated to him already. He also gave $500 more off the deal. Well I went back to the dealer I wanted to deal with and he matched it of course. His answer to them telling me they could get it quicker was that he can put it in as retail order and it will still be the same time frame. I am beginning to believe the other dealer at this point though. I just can not believe a month into the order and we have no clue if this thing is even going to be built this summer. I dont want to ditch my dealer but....
I did send her a message Friday but I have read she is out of town for the weekend. So I will she if she has any different answers for me. The dealer I actually ordered from did not have any allocated to him. But he told me that should not matter and it should be bout 6-8 weeks either way. Well here I am a month into it and my order is nothing more than just that an order sitting on the computer. I just wondered if I went back to the other dealer that had allocation if it would or would have been quicker.
Hey generalee31184,

Thank you for the pm. I'll do my best to get back to you today!

Deysha
Old 5/31/11, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by joelstang
My window sticker came up today and the date is 20110604 are they building cars on weekends? Anyone have any info on somethig like this?
My window sticker shows a build date of 6/4 as well. Originally it was week of 5/30 then day of 5/30. Not sure why the change or if it will even be built this week or not . . .
Old 5/31/11, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by JohnNy5126
I see people who ordered their cars at the end of march and have a date to be delivered at this month. I ordered mine 3/20 and have no vin, info or anything on mine. The dealer "will let me know" if he hears anything.
Hey JohnNy5126,

Have you been able to get the right order number from your dealer? I’d like to help you out.

Deysha
Old 5/31/11, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by joelstang
My window sticker came up today and the date is 20110604 are they building cars on weekends? Anyone have any info on somethig like this?
Yup, we sure do! The plant is open 7 days a week!

Deysha

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition