2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Vehicle Health Report WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/10, 01:33 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Vehicle Health Report WTF???

So I ran a vehicle health report last night using SYNC so I could register on syncmyride.com. Everything was fine except this:
Originally Posted by SYNC Vehicle Health Report
The icons below may be illuminated in your dash or console or may appear in your message center. The vehicle diagnostics indicate a parameter that is out of normal range or that a component has failed. Systems within your vehicle need prompt service and/or inspection.

Urgent
Brake Warning

»What Should I Do?

Check that the parking brake has been released. If the light remains on, the brake system should be inspected immediately. Contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible.
WARNING: Driving a vehicle with the brake system warning light on is dangerous. A significant decrease in braking performance may occur. It will take you longer to stop the vehicle. Have the vehicle checked by your authorized dealer. Driving extended distances with the parking brake engaged can cause brake failure and the risk of personal injury.
»What Is Happening?

Indicates low brake fluid level or a brake system malfunction has been detected.
»What Does This Warning Mean?

Brake system warning light: To confirm the brake system warning light is functional, it will momentarily illuminate when the ignition is turned to the on position when the engine is not running, or in a position between on and start, or by applying the parking brake when the ignition is turned to the on position. If the brake system warning light does not illuminate at this time, seek service immediately from your authorized dealer.
Illumination after releasing the parking brake indicates low brake fluid level or a brake system malfunction has been detected and the brake system should be inspected immediately. Contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible.

Schedule service with your preferred dealership

This dealership does not support Online Appointment.

Online Appointment contacts your preferred dealership to set up a service appointment. In most cases, your Vehicle Health Report data will automatically be sent to your preferred dealer. You can locate a different dealership for service.
I don't get it because there is no warning light on in my dash and the brakes feel fine. Not even a squeak out of them. How accurate is this report? I really don't wanna part with my baby right now I'm just starting to break it in
Old 7/8/10, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you have the parking brake on? The first time I ran this I didn't even have the engine on, so you can imagine what I got. I found that the vehicle health report requires the engine be running and that the parking brake NOT be engaged, otherwise it thinks that there's a brake issue.
Old 7/8/10, 02:03 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Did you have the parking brake on? The first time I ran this I didn't even have the engine on, so you can imagine what I got. I found that the vehicle health report requires the engine be running and that the parking brake NOT be engaged, otherwise it thinks that there's a brake issue.
Oh thank you Lancel. I did have it engaged because I was parked in my garage. After reading the description I kind of guessed that was the issue but I wasn't too sure.

But thats stupid. Seriously they should put a warning up on the NAV screen or something so I would have known not to have the brake on lol

Crisis averted
Old 7/8/10, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Seriously they should put a warning up on the NAV screen or something so I would have known not to have the brake on lol
Agreed. It doesn't even warn you "Hey, you don't even have the engine running."
Old 7/8/10, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

take the parking brake off and itll show nothing

im in torrance, socal. my brother just got a 2010 grabber blue V6 and he likes your car a lot haha

Last edited by 20115.0; 7/8/10 at 02:06 PM.
Old 7/8/10, 02:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Ain't technology great?

OOOOH... I know... common sense... let's try that today! Does the car start and run fine? Does it brake as expected? Does it steer as expected? CLUE: It's fine. Don't panic. Chicken Little is on vacation.

When I see a car "system" that can predict imminent brake failure while all systems are working perfectly fine, I'll be very impressed! And I'll see if it can also generate the lotto numbers for Saturday.
Old 7/8/10, 02:13 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Agreed. It doesn't even warn you "Hey, you don't even have the engine running."
I accidentally turned the car off before I ran the report. It said the car had to be running for at least a minute before it could do it. Waiting that minute was brutal lol

Originally Posted by 20115.0
take the parking brake off and itll show nothing

im in torrance, socal. my brother just got a 2010 grabber blue V6 and he likes your car a lot haha
Will do. I would have tried that last night when I ran the report, but I didn't check results till 10 minutes ago and I'm at work now. I'm fine now that I know its just a caveat of how to properly do the check.

Tell your brother he can see the car up close as soon as I find a local SoCal meet to take it to
Old 7/8/10, 02:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Something similar has happened to me. I turned the key on, but didn't start the car. Ran a health report and it said my oil pressure and battery were way out of wack. And that I should go to the nearest ford dealer ASAP. But it's cuz the car wasn't running, hence they were not being used- and sat at 0. So just a flawed report of sorts. As when I turned it on the report was error free.
Old 7/8/10, 02:15 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Something similar has happened to me. I turned the key on, but didn't start the car. Ran a health report and it said my oil pressure and battery were way out of wack. And that I should go to the nearest ford dealer ASAP. But it's cuz the car wasn't running, hence they were not being used- and sat at 0. So just a flawed report of sorts. As when I turned it on the report was error free.
scares the crap out of you doesn't it?
Old 7/8/10, 02:25 PM
Cobra R Member

haha, oh man like no other... I was like "WHAT!?!? How can this be!?!?" And had to check it again as soon as I read it making sure I took note of the things that were wrong...
Old 7/8/10, 02:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
yep, I got that crazy brake warning too . . . it drove me a little nuts at first also, until I read it for the fifth time and saw the part where it says "make sure the parking brake is released"
Old 7/8/10, 02:32 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
haha, oh man like no other... I was like "WHAT!?!? How can this be!?!?" And had to check it again as soon as I read it making sure I took note of the things that were wrong...
You and me both man!

Originally Posted by Bert
yep, I got that crazy brake warning too . . . it drove me a little nuts at first also, until I read it for the fifth time and saw the part where it says "make sure the parking brake is released"
Unfortunately I just skimmed the message before posting and skipped right over that part lol

This thread has been very englightening. Hopefully '10+ owners will learn from my mistake and run the health report right before being concerned with the results
Old 7/8/10, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wondering if the Health Report gives you the same information a ODB decoder does?
Old 7/8/10, 02:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by newpony
I wondering if the Health Report gives you the same information a ODB decoder does?
Here's what it looks like
Attached Thumbnails Vehicle Health Report WTF???-7-8-2010-12-26-56.jpg  
Old 7/8/10, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pretty standard stuff really, the most useful aspects of it are the Recalls and Field Service Actions and possibly the Scheduled Maintenance and Dealership coupons.
Old 7/8/10, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
lolumad

Haha what a dumb procedure to have the car run the report with the parking brake off. What if you live on a hill/your driveway is at an angle?!
Old 7/8/10, 03:51 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
lolumad

Haha what a dumb procedure to have the car run the report with the parking brake off. What if you live on a hill/your driveway is at an angle?!
no kiddin!
Old 7/8/10, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For what it's worth, I don't think it's necessary to run the health report to register on syncmyride. At least it wasn't on the '10 Mustang or Taurus.
Old 7/8/10, 05:25 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
For what it's worth, I don't think it's necessary to run the health report to register on syncmyride. At least it wasn't on the '10 Mustang or Taurus.
that's what it told me I had to do to complete my registration
Old 7/9/10, 04:33 PM
V6 Member

At least you guys get to use the VHF. Here in the Great White North, the feature is unavailable

Not that I really miss it

Quick Reply: Vehicle Health Report WTF???