2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Usually I love driving my 5.0, but......

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/13, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like a good day to me.

Thats the thing with performance though... its just like drugs. What was once enough is no longer able to satisfy you. As soon as you are exposed to a higher amount, the previous amount no longer does it for you.

Everyone's best bet is to have a 1997 Toyota Corolla on the side, drive that like you stole it, and then go drive the Mustang. That way the Mustang will feel amplified

But in all seriousness though... driving a Ferrari on a track is going to widen your threshold and "tolerance" for performance.... if i ever did that id probably go through withdrawal
Old 3/3/13, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a note, how did I not mention this earlier, Exotics Racing is right across the street from Shelby's Las Vegas operation, so I stopped in there and played Lookey Lou. Not as good as shredding (or attempting to shred) in an exotic, but still very very cool.
Old 3/3/13, 10:22 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ok - first thing I notice is Mustangs are almost as nice as some exotics out there. We have to be proud of our cars, they are something special. the 13's have 420 hp and 390 torque. nothing short of amazing! I'm sure the exotics are very very nice, but they are at least twice the price. I'd love to drive a Porsche - one of the engineers at my company drives one. He also loves my car and smiles big when I drive by.

Mustangs f'ing rock - period and I'm proud to own one!
Old 3/4/13, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

[QUOTE=Xar;6566987]ok - first thing I notice is Mustangs are almost as nice as some exotics out there. We have to be proud of our cars, they are something special. the 13's have 420 hp and 390 torque. nothing short of amazing! I'm sure the exotics are very very nice, but they are at least twice the price. I'd love to drive a Porsche - one of the engineers at my company drives one. He also loves my car and smiles big when I drive by.

Mustangs f'ing rock - period and I'm proud to own one![/QUOTE

Absolutely correct... dollar for dollar my 5.0 is the shiznit. This whole experience has taught me more appreciation for truly talented drivers. It also makes me aware of my cars limits and think about upgrading some of them. Specifically handling.

Neither car i drove had a stick and while the Porsche paddles were awesome, i was let down by the f430. It would have been nice to try rowing some for myself. However there was a lot going on QUICKLY so maybe the paddles were a blessing. Powering out of a corner the stang didnt have to take a back seat to either car.

The thing that really stood out for me is that I would hit corners hard enough that I'm sure i would have spun the stang.... these cars just planted and zoom. Truly astounding the way they stayed under control. Great experience, i will be back.
Old 3/4/13, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Awesome story. I've been wanting to do this same thing for a while. Unfortunately every time I've been to Vegas recently, I was pretty broke and spent most my spending money just getting there lol. We have an exotic rental place here in the SF Bay Area that lets you rent cars for a day. They have a 2012 GT500 that they rent for $400/day. I think that's going to be my next road trip....
Old 3/6/13, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
We have an exotic rental place here in the SF Bay Area that lets you rent cars for a day. They have a 2012 GT500 that they rent for $400/day. I think that's going to be my next road trip....
That's one benefit of living in California, you can rent almost any car you can imagine. Here in San Diego you can rent anything (GT500's, Maserati's, Aston Martin's, Ferrari's, etc). I want to wait until that Exotics Racing place gets the new Ferrari F12, then I want to go test it out.
Old 3/6/13, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got to drive the F458 a few years ago. It was amazing. I really needed more than seven laps to a) get a feel for the track, and b) get a feel for the car. I was just starting to figure it all out when I had to pit... :'(
Old 3/6/13, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I got to drive the F458 a few years ago. It was amazing. I really needed more than seven laps to a) get a feel for the track, and b) get a feel for the car. I was just starting to figure it all out when I had to pit... :'(
Love that car man!!! But I LOVE MY MUSTANG to maintain a Ferrari you need a ton of money.
Old 3/7/13, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

That's an awesome experience. Def going to do that on my next Vegas trip!
Old 3/7/13, 10:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Eric... I just came BACK from Vegas , literally. We rented a v6 vert while our there. Sure there weren't exotics from these insanely rich people, but I loved our stang. Maybe I should have done that experience driving you did, while I was out there. I didn't even know Shelby Vegas was there. Was it on the strip?

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/7/13 at 10:21 AM.
Old 3/8/13, 05:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Eric... I just came BACK from Vegas , literally. We rented a v6 vert while our there. Sure there weren't exotics from these insanely rich people, but I loved our stang. Maybe I should have done that experience driving you did, while I was out there. I didn't even know Shelby Vegas was there. Was it on the strip?
Is about 10 miles North, by the speedway. Awesome way to spend the day.
Old 3/9/13, 10:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
As Eric said, it's north of town. The place he went has a lot of good reviews. The next time I'm out there I'm hoping to take enough $ with me to drive a couple of the exotics.

I think that's really the best way to have that kind of fun. It's expensive for just a few laps, but it's pretty **** cheap when compared to the cost of owning one of those things. Besides, there isn't a person on the roads today who couldn't benefit from a little track time with a professional driver sitting next to them, telling them and teaching them what to look for on the track, how to best approach turns, etc.
Old 3/10/13, 07:20 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
As Eric said, it's north of town. The place he went has a lot of good reviews. The next time I'm out there I'm hoping to take enough $ with me to drive a couple of the exotics.

I think that's really the best way to have that kind of fun. It's expensive for just a few laps, but it's pretty **** cheap when compared to the cost of owning one of those things. Besides, there isn't a person on the roads today who couldn't benefit from a little track time with a professional driver sitting next to them, telling them and teaching them what to look for on the track, how to best approach turns, etc.
Agree.... I will probably never own one of those cars in my lifetime, so why not just learn to drive them. Speaking of being filthy rich, When I was out there last week, the amount of money some people had... It was ridiculous. I saw 33k priced bottles of wine. Worst part, waiters said folks ordered them.
Old 3/10/13, 09:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree.... I will probably never own one of those cars in my lifetime, so why not just learn to drive them. Speaking of being filthy rich, When I was out there last week, the amount of money some people had... It was ridiculous. I saw 33k priced bottles of wine. Worst part, waiters said folks ordered them.
Wow that is insane! That's the price of most of our cars
Old 3/10/13, 10:25 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Wow that is insane! That's the price of most of our cars
No kidding. It was at Le Cirque at the bellaggio. He said actors, rappers, athletes, ate there. Or just some filthy rich people. He even said, when some folks order 5k bottles of wine, they taste it, and they're like, this sucks, and dump it, and buy more. Isn't that sad? Here I am making life decisions over a supercharger, and these people just take it for granted. Sad.
Old 3/10/13, 11:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

No kidding. It was at Le Cirque at the bellaggio. He said actors, rappers, athletes, ate there. Or just some filthy rich people. He even said, when some folks order 5k bottles of wine, they taste it, and they're like, this sucks, and dump it, and buy more. Isn't that sad? Here I am making life decisions over a supercharger, and these people just take it for granted. Sad.
And then there's people that would be thrilled to have 5k just to spend on a car. It's all relative!
Old 3/10/13, 12:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
And then there's people that would be thrilled to have 5k just to spend on a car. It's all relative!
It is. There are people that wish they had clean water. Most of us take that for granted as well.

I think I'll drive one of the Ferrari's and probably one of the Aston Martins. The Astons are closer to what is affordable, but still well outside of what I'd pay for a car. Might as well drive it as fast as I can.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 3/10/13 at 12:56 PM.
Old 3/10/13, 03:21 PM
I Have No Life

Agree.

Kyle, you get Lucy all fixed up yet?
Old 3/10/13, 09:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Agree.

Kyle, you get Lucy all fixed up yet?
Getting her back late this week and hoping I can't see the repairs...it's at $7,000+ now. Rear quarter, rear body panel, rear bumper cover, trunk lid, one factory muffler (cost of which goes to pay for my Borlas) and a bunch of paint. Just in time for St Pattys Day parade on Saturday. Thanks for asking man!
Old 3/10/13, 09:43 PM
I Have No Life

Getting her back late this week and hoping I can't see the repairs...it's at $7,000+ now. Rear quarter, rear body panel, rear bumper cover, trunk lid, one factory muffler (cost of which goes to pay for my Borlas) and a bunch of paint. Just in time for St Pattys Day parade on Saturday. Thanks for asking man!
Np bro. About time you got those borlas tho you'll love em.

Quick Reply: Usually I love driving my 5.0, but......