2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The Ultimate Case of Withdrawal...

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/12, 06:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storing a car during the winter is for chumps. I did that with my motorcycle and couldn't stand it so I got rid of it. Those winter months make you constantly question your investment.

Drive it
Old 11/16/12, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Rando
Storing a car during the winter is for chumps. I did that with my motorcycle and couldn't stand it so I got rid of it. Those winter months make you constantly question your investment.

Drive it
Depends on the skill sets of the driver and car. If I lived in the north, I'd park the car and rely on public transportation or a friend who's better skilled in driving in such weather conditions.

I've only had to drive in snow twice in my driving "life", and it was not enjoyable for me. It was in Canada, and in a rental car during business trips. No public transportation was available (not even taxi's). I'm not ashamed to admitit I'm not skilled for winter snow driving. So, yes, I'd park my vehicle in these circmstances.

This is why I live in Florida.

Last edited by Bucko; 11/16/12 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11/16/12, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

I oped out and got rid of my DD and my previous Mustang and got the 2013 for all year around. Just means I have to wash her more..
Old 11/16/12, 07:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I oped out and got rid of my DD and my previous Mustang and got the 2013 for all year around. Just means I have to wash her more..
And enjoy it more too!
Old 11/16/12, 10:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
I sure do enjoy living in Florida. And with the GT500 exhausts installed from your Mustang, each day driving back and forth from Orlado to Tampa is even more enjoyable!

On vacation next week; off to the Turkey Rod Run Friday.
I'm glad the GT500's are treating you well!!! Is it really night and day difference vs stock? You still owe me a video/sound clip...you know that right???

Originally Posted by POS VETT
Never bugs me in that way. I'm content with putting my cars away for ~7 months at a time. This year, two of mine started Oct 1 and the other two about a week or so later. I don't enjoy and it actually breaks my heart if any of those four were driven in the salted mush of water and ice.
Oh same for me... my toy cars NEVER see precipitation (other than my car wash). But when I said I am having "withdrawal" it's because I stored it ANTICIPATING snow flurries/snow this week. It didn't happen. AND the forecast for next week for Turkey week is 56 sunny. AND I'm off work. So hence the reactivation. Gotta drive it one more week, at least.

Originally Posted by ManInABox
7 months?!?! Wow! That sucks!
Man, and to think I feel bad storing it for 3 to 4 months. Eeek!

Originally Posted by Rando

Drive it
Nah... I get satisfaction driving it on those "special" days, when the sun is fully out, and I don't have to pick up or drop off the kids. To me, Marilyn is simply a stress reliever, a garage queen if you will. And to that purpose, she serves it well. For some folks, their 5ohs are daily drivers, and nothing wrong with that. For me, it's a special "treat" I get after a LOOOONG stressful week of work and kids.

Originally Posted by Bucko
Depends on the skill sets of the driver and car. If I lived in the north, I'd park the car and rely on public transportation or a friend who's better skilled in driving in such weather conditions.

I've only had to drive in snow twice in my driving "life", and it was not enjoyable for me. It was in Canada, and in a rental car during business trips. No public transportation was available (not even taxi's). I'm not ashamed to admitit I'm not skilled for winter snow driving. So, yes, I'd park my vehicle in these circmstances.

This is why I live in Florida.
Amen. Yeah driving rear wheel drive in snow is down right scary. My truck I had at one point, needed 6 sandbags. Still, it was scary.

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I wish I could do that.... some disease in me will not let me drive my pristine pony in inclement weather
Old 11/16/12, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really like my new Mustang, but bottom line: It's just a machine. The summer only Pirelli's have been replaced with all season Michelins; Mike's Car Wash will keep it clean on all exterior surfaces, and my insurance (cheap for old men!) is good year round. I don't need to drive it in bad Indiana weather, but on a good day, I'll be out there!
Old 11/16/12, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The Coyote really loves cold weather.
Old 11/16/12, 02:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, I got mine all cleaned up and stored and insurance changed last weekend because the weather forecast was for highs in 30's and 40's and rain for the next few days...now it's suppose to be in mid to upper 50's for the next week or so....stupid weathermen...
Old 11/16/12, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

Reading all this makes me glad I live in GA. It's going to be in the 60s this weekend.
Old 11/16/12, 06:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They said Californe the place you gotta be, so they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly, hills that is., swimmin pools, movie stars.
Old 11/16/12, 08:46 PM
V6 Member

I have been putting my summer cars away for the last 7 years. It is definitely too early now to store it. Last year I could have driven it most of the winter. I won't drive it in any measurable snow but this year it is not going away until it has too.

I have been looking for a newer winter car to ease the pain. A Cayenne TT could do it.
Old 11/17/12, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I have this same problem too. I just drive mine year round. It isn't a bad snow vehicle.
Old 11/19/12, 04:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm taking mine to Germany with me early next year and it won't get there till the end of February most likely. Sitting on a boat the whole time. As soon as she gets there I have to change the tires over to A/S's and have at it. Should be fun. I will never understand the concept of storing a vehicle for the winter. Good story though OP.
Old 11/19/12, 06:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

delete