The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   UAW Sticker on Windshield Where & How To Get! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/uaw-sticker-windshield-where-how-get-529641/)

14Glassback 4/14/14 02:08 PM

UAW Sticker on Windshield Where & How To Get!

So while cleaning my car the glass cleaner I was using took the paint off the UAW Sticker on the top right corner of the windshield. At that point I decided to remove it and just keep it with my paperwork from the car. It is not a window cling like I thought though so it tore and I ended up throwing the pieces away. My question is if anyone knows if you can order a replacement? It has nothing to do with the politics of Unions or anything like that... I simply like it because it was there from the Factory. And from what I have seen the good people who build the cars we all love so much really do take pride in making our cars... Thanks for the info!

Glenn 4/14/14 02:19 PM

you could probably start your search at the dealership. if they can't help call Ford world head quarters

t-fatty 4/14/14 03:09 PM

Contact union local directly.

laserred38 4/14/14 03:36 PM

Once you get your new one, stick it on the windshield, then cut out a round piece of clear vinyl and cover the sticker with the vinyl. It'll keep it protected from your cleaners going forward :nice:

puma1552 4/14/14 03:55 PM

Interesting, I got my car off the truck and there was no such sticker.

However there was a world class vehicles built by world class workers sticker on one of my quarter windows.

70monte 4/14/14 06:18 PM

My UAW sticker is on my quarter window on the driver's side.

Wayne

14Glassback 4/14/14 06:44 PM

Maybe mine was on the windshield because mine came with Factory Louvers? But I think I have seen others that way too... Maybe I will try my Dealer... Just thought it was kind of a trivial thing to bother the dealer with...

Glenn 4/14/14 06:55 PM

I had a built with pride on my 1/4 window. I thought it was not funny how it was crooked with a edge folded over.

RubyRedMCA_Beast 4/14/14 06:58 PM

I don't know if you'll be able to get it through the dealer or not. I've got some connections in FRAP, I'll see if they an snag me a few of those stickers.

HoosierDaddy 4/15/14 09:47 AM

I had to take mine off another car because they put it on upside down.

14Glassback 4/15/14 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast (Post 6788313)
I don't know if you'll be able to get it through the dealer or not. I've got some connections in FRAP, I'll see if they an snag me a few of those stickers.

That would be awesome if you could! I contacted the Parts Department at my local Dealer. They said they cannot order that sticker. He did say he would contact his Factory Rep and see if he could get a replacement for me. Guess we will see! Thanks!
:chirp:

devilcaninex 4/15/14 11:56 AM

Mine came with factory louvers and the sticker was also on the passenger side of windshield

Azrael 4/15/14 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by 70monte (Post 6788289)
My UAW sticker is on my quarter window on the driver's side.

Wayne

Same here, although our car didn't come with an appearance package. The sticker was removed when we had the windows tinted. :nice:

David Young 4/15/14 02:11 PM

I was going to keep mine on my 2011 when it came in. The first time i cleaned the windows with windex, it made all the writing come off. I removed the sticker :(

wanted33 4/15/14 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 14Glassback (Post 6788300)
Maybe mine was on the windshield because mine came with Factory Louvers? But I think I have seen others that way too... Maybe I will try my Dealer... Just thought it was kind of a trivial thing to bother the dealer with...

Brandon, maybe send Deysha a PM. She may be able to point you in the right direction.

14Glassback 4/15/14 06:27 PM

I thought about that too... I always feel bad about bothering Deysha... Especially for silly stuff. She has thousands of people asking her to do lots of things...

mnoury 4/16/14 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Azrael (Post 6788626)
Same here, although our car didn't come with an appearance package. The sticker was removed when we had the windows tinted. :nice:

Same here :D

MJJ 4/16/14 02:37 AM

Why worry about retaining the sticker?

Nine of our cars will be concours collectible cars. They were produced at high levels.

Bucko 4/16/14 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by David Young (Post 6788675)
I was going to keep mine on my 2011 when it came in. The first time i cleaned the windows with windex, it made all the writing come off. I removed the sticker :(

I guess there was no pride in whoever produced the sticker!

David Young 4/16/14 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko (Post 6788880)
I guess there was no pride in whoever produced the sticker!

Yep. The stickers might have been made in China with lead base paint.:shame:

:D