2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/10, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breaking news...This was just posted over at SVTP where a guy just picked up a load of these earlier today.

Old 5/12/10, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Oh my Lord. Is there really another new thread on this.

It's a message board, he can start as many threads on this as he wants! Why the bashing? We just want our cars!
Old 5/12/10, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
Breaking news...This was just posted over at SVTP where a guy just picked up a load of these earlier today.
Where might this be happening? Did he say?
Old 5/12/10, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well we now see there is no hold on Brembo package cars.
Old 5/12/10, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Where might this be happening? Did he say?
he picked them up in flat rock sometime around lunch time or so today.
Old 5/12/10, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Those can be all very valid points, but to me it makes no sense to be SYNC. At least to the current version (3.1 which is also used in the 2010). It's like saying, the leather seats in the 2011 aren't passing inspection because they're prone to tearing all of a sudden. They're the same seats, material and setup in the 2010... So why would the 2010 leather be fine- but the 2011 not... It's the same thing!?... Same concept with SYNC. How can it be faulty all of a sudden when it's worked for over a year, and they have ample lead time and order processing due to it being in 20+ cars. And none of the others to speak of are on any noticeable hold either.

And the only "Module" in SYNC is the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module). So we're saying that the interfacing which allows SYNC to be in contact with other devices, (ipod, bluetooth, aux, etc...) is faulty? Meanwhile in the 2010, it functions flawlessly... I just don't see how it showed up in the 2011 and not the 2010. Thus, I continue my doubt that if there is a hold, or back up, that it's due to SYNC.
A bad batch in a manufacturing run could result in issues, even if there were no design changes. Not saying it happened, just saying that might be an explanation. Of course, one assumes the quality checking would prevent the bad batch from getting into the supply chain in the first place.
Old 5/12/10, 03:18 PM

Should be a post on here later tonight, buddy of mine who is a board member picked up his Kona GT 6spd earlier today...
Old 5/12/10, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by urlacher54
It's a message board, he can start as many threads on this as he wants! Why the bashing? We just want our cars!
If you consider that bashing, lol you're a little too sensitive my dear . Trust me, I want you guys to have your cars too (more so because I was going to order an 11, and lost my job). But making new threads over and over about topics that have been discussed countless times over the past month is NOT going to make your car arrive any sooner. In fact, it's just going to torture you more by doing this. But then again, it's torturing ME more and more reading the 2010+ section every day, but I'm happy for those that ARE getting their cars. Just be patient and stop whining about it. You're going to get them VERY soon. Jeebus.

Last edited by laserred38; 5/12/10 at 03:35 PM.
Old 5/12/10, 03:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you consider that bashing, lol you're a little too sensitive my dear . Trust me, I want you guys to have your cars too (more so because I was going to order an 11, and lost my job). But making new threads over and over about topics that have been discussed countless times over the past month is NOT going to make your car arrive any sooner. In fact, it's just going to torture you more by doing this. But then again, it's torturing ME more and more reading the 2010+ section every day, but I'm happy for those that ARE getting their cars. Just be patient and stop whining about it. You're going to get them VERY soon. Jeebus.
Patrick, most of these newly registered 5.0 guys are more paranoid than Bin Laden at a NRA meeting
Old 5/12/10, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

Now that I know that I can annoy people I think I will start a new thread about this every day just to be an ***.

Never seen so may people get their panties in a bunch over a post on a forum.
Kind of funny.

Old 5/12/10, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by mfbris
Never seen so may people get their panties in a bunch over a post on a forum.
Kind of funny.

You must not frequent many forums then...
Old 5/12/10, 03:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lol good luck being here long then. TMS prides itself on not having much of the BS that other forums put up with. This isn't Camaro5. If you want to act like a tool, then get lost.
Old 5/12/10, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Patrick, most of these newly registered 5.0 guys are more paranoid than Bin Laden at a NRA meeting

Paranoid about what?
Old 5/12/10, 04:08 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by urlacher54
Paranoid about what?
Take a look at the threads here and you'll see a variety:

oh noes my car isn't here yet!
oh noes my VIN isn't here yet!
oh noes there's a hold!
oh noes should I get a vette or a mustang, need opinions!
etc. etc. etc.

Not naming anyone individually, but most of the new guys just post without researching the topics that already exist and address their issues
Old 5/12/10, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Take a look at the threads here and you'll see a variety:

oh noes my car isn't here yet!
oh noes my VIN isn't here yet!
oh noes there's a hold!
oh noes should I get a vette or a mustang, need opinions!
etc. etc. etc.

Not naming anyone individually, but most of the new guys just post without researching the topics that already exist and address their issues
Why does it matter if someone starts a new thread about an old question? Not naming anyone individually, but people don't have to post in a thread that has already been addressed......Just ignore it, after all it is a message board!
Old 5/12/10, 04:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not this ^
The threads are not addressing new topics, they are just rehashing older ones(from the week before). It bogs down the whole 2010+ section with the same topic.

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 5/12/10 at 04:30 PM.
Old 5/12/10, 04:16 PM
V6 Member

Lol good luck being here long then. TMS prides itself on not having much of the BS that other forums put up with. This isn't Camaro5. If you want to act like a tool, then get lost.
Lassered38,

Believe me there is as much BS here as any other forum.
As far as acting like a tool well you know what they say, takes one to know one.

And here is an novel idea don't read the post if you don't like it.

Old 5/12/10, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lassered38,

As far as acting like a tool well you know what they say, takes one to know one.

Its a little hard to ignore when for the last 2 months its been reiterated over and over again. Its almost like people are posting to just see their post later on, like a big ole popularity contest instead of substance. Why not keep it all in the same thread?
Old 5/12/10, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Its a little hard to ignore when for the last 2 months its been reiterated over and over again. Its almost like people are posting to just see their post later on, like a big ole popularity contest instead of substance. Why not keep it all in the same thread?
I don't disagree.
I just find it funny that pelole are so easily annoyed and then take the time to post how annoyed they are on something the may not care about.
Old 5/12/10, 04:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lassered38,

Marty, my name is posted right there for the whole world to see. And that's because this is a community of enthusiasts. You are really making yourself sound like a 5 year old. And no I don't have to post in threads that don't pertain to/interest me, but when the forum gets cluttered up with the same garbage over and over, the rest of us who are interested in the other material suffer.

I sympathize with you guys who are waiting for your cars. I've been waiting my whole life for this car, and was THIS close to ordering before my life went to hell. If I did end up ordering and there was no info on where my car was, I'd be annoyed too. But fricken give me a break. It's only because this day and age that you have ANY info at all. I agree with the system being flawed; it's easier to track your $5 UPS package than your $30k car. However, UPS isn't perfect either and routinely foul up packages/deliveries. I'd rather not know anything and just wait for my car to get here than stress about it.

The only reason where I could see it causing a real problem is for people coming off leases or people who sold their only car in anticipation of their arrival date. Even then, I would say if that's your biggest problem in life, umm you're pretty well off IMO.

Quick Reply: Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders