2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/10, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders

As many of you know, myself and a number of others have ordered 2011 GT500s, have received confirmation that they were produced, and then no other information. I've spoken with my dealer, SVT, and Ford customer service, adinfinitum, and no one has given me any more information as to the status of my vehicle, which was supposedly finished on 04/24/2010. Out of frustration, I began researching AAI to find someone in Flatrock, Mi who could provide some explanation. After a number of dead-ends, I was able to talk to someone who seemed knowledgeable. As a caveat, I don't feel comfortable giving out the person's name or phone number, as that would place them in a compromising position with their superiors and I don't want them bombarded with calls from other forum members. They were kind enough to recognize our frustrations and tried to help allay our aggravations. So, let's leave it at that. It seems there IS a quality hold on Mustangs, in general, including our Shelbys. They could not reveal the reason for the hold; however, Ford is working to fix the problem and get them shipped out ASAP. My dealer has told me that when he was in Detroit, last week, he researched the delay and was told it was a faulty Sync- radio module and the plant was replacing same in the Mustangs. This may or may not be the reason, but my dealer is simply passing on what he was told. He is a longtime, personal friend and would not lie to me. I posted this info several days ago. This could explain the slow trickle of vehicles being delivered. They advised there are approximately 4,200 Mustangs sitting on the lot awaiting shipping. They checked my VIN and it has not yet left the factory for the rail yard lot..... Not what I wanted to hear. They estimated the majority of the held cars will be shipped by the end of May. So..... I assume we have a considerable back-up and that will affect cars built after mine, as well. I have no reason to doubt the validity of this information and the person seemed very understanding of our substantial frustration. I'm sorry to be the bearer of this, not so encouraging news, but since Ford has seen fit not to inform its LOYAL, LONGTIME, customers via the customer service line, then at least we now have some inkling of what is going on and can adjust or frustration level, accordingly.
Old 5/12/10, 06:32 AM

Even more troubling news!

The internet is running out of paragraphs! Until the shortage is resolved, we must all do our part and conserve paragraphs by trying to keep everything in only one paragraph! Don't use up all the paragraphs on the internet!!! Thank you for doing your part and saving the paragraphs!
Old 5/12/10, 06:33 AM
Cobra R Member

I HIGHLY doubt it had anything to do with sync. It's been a full proof system, not only used in the mustang but on 20+ other Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models. This would cripple their overall supply and would have started a while ago, since the current version (3.1) has been out for sometime now. Besides that, it's Microsoft's technology not Ford's...

ETA is just that, estimated. With 11,000-15,000 orders placed for the 1st month of course it's prone to back up. Just bare with it. I ended up waiting an extra 8 weeks (16 total) for my 2010...

There may in fact be a hold... But I've seen a 2011 GT500 at my dealer now for 2 weeks. Which is right in line with the current delivery, (the first being delivered on 4/22).
Old 5/12/10, 06:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta

The internet is running out of paragraphs! Until the shortage is resolved, we must all do our part and conserve paragraphs by trying to keep everything in only one paragraph! Don't use up all the paragraphs on the internet!!! Thank you for doing your part and saving the paragraphs!
You're just paraphrasing a larger paragraph, right?
Old 5/12/10, 06:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All is lost!
Old 5/12/10, 06:54 AM
V6 Member

Quality Hold = Too many 2010 Mustangs sitting in dealers lots.
If the 2011's start showing up in mass numbers they wold need to cut a hell of a deal on the 2010's to move them.
And why do that if you can just hold the release of the 2011's a little longer to move the 2010's ?

Just one of my conspiracy theories.

Old 5/12/10, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta

The internet is running out of exclamation points too. Hello pot, I’m kettle.

Originally Posted by mfbris
If the 2011's start showing up in mass numbers they wold need to cut a hell of a deal on the 2010's to move them.
And why do that if you can just hold the release of the 2011's a little longer to move the 2010's ?

+1. Sounds plausible....

Last edited by SteelTownStang; 5/12/10 at 07:31 AM.
Old 5/12/10, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

My recommendation is to try one of these:
Old 5/12/10, 08:06 AM
GT Member

OH NO!! the earth is 4 billion years old and I still don't have my Mustang!! what to do? , what to do?
Old 5/12/10, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
The internet is running out of exclamation points too. Hello pot, I’m kettle.
I heard there's also a dire shortage of bold text on the internet. When in glass houses...
Old 5/12/10, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Have to say the whole 2010 thing sounds plausible..especially when it comes to the 2010GT500. I know my dealer have them and is still trying to get top dollar for them. I told them why are they asking that price when the 2011 is coming ? The response was...they have not come out yet..lol

Yeah..that sounds VERY spot on now that I think about it.
Old 5/12/10, 08:42 AM

Just to add to the speculation the airfreight company I manage has
been flying the crap out of parts from vendors in Texas and Arizona. We
have been taking them to airports near most of the ford plants including
AAI. The paperwork lists the parts from TX as some sort of ICU unit.
It is not uncommon for them to do on demand charters. Normally when a
vendor gets behind it is for a couple of days but this has been going on for
weeks....maybe they are getting crap electronic parts from Malaysia/China
etc.
Old 5/12/10, 09:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I heard there's also a dire shortage of bold text on the internet. When in glass houses...
It's not bold text... It's Arial 12 point. Keep those stones at bay not-so-hawkeye'd... LMAO.

Last edited by SteelTownStang; 5/12/10 at 03:46 PM.
Old 5/12/10, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
thats over now.

I was told by Dave Pericak (Mustang Chief Engineer) while at AAI yesterday that all cars are shipping and the holds are done.
Based on this statement there isn't a physical reason to hold our cars up.
Old 5/12/10, 09:28 AM
GT Member

So after doing some internet detective work and tracking down friends-of-friends, you just called up an AAI line worker out of the blue, and he spilled the beans over an unsecured line to a complete stranger?

Do I have that right?
Old 5/12/10, 09:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
So after doing some internet detective work and tracking down friends-of-friends, you just called up an AAI line worker out of the blue, and he spilled the beans over an unsecured line to a complete stranger?

Do I have that right?
Yes, Senator.

/s Bob Woodward
Old 5/12/10, 09:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Actually this fit very well with what little information I have on mine. I called Ford's Customer Line yesterday and was told it was still at the Plant awaiting shipment by rail. It was built on 4/15.

So, I sent my Sales guy an E-mail asking if he had any further info and he called me back and said that they haven't had anything updated since last week. It didn't show as having gone through Kansas City which all cars coming to Fort Worth show. So, it looks like my car hasn't shipped either.

I was planning on going on vacation a week from Friday with the new car, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Old 5/12/10, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear you guys are still not getting answers, or more importantly...you're CARS!!

Wonder how mine slipped thru... If it's any consolation, the wait is well worth it! Hang in there.
Old 5/12/10, 09:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mfbris

Incorrect. Do you not realize this happens every year? What about 2009 to 2010? Tons of dealerships had brand new 2009s sitting next to 2010s. Hell, some dealerships STILL have brand new 2009s.
Old 5/12/10, 09:57 AM
V6 Member

if it's a SYNC issue why is my car without it (base GT) still sitting in the now famous AAI lot?

Quick Reply: Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders