2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Track package worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/12, 10:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track package worth it?

Hi again,
I am looking at ordering a 2013 GT Premium with all the goodies.

Whats everyones opinion on the track package? I dont really plan on track racing, but I like the idea of the Brembo's and the extra capacity cooling features can only be a good thing. Especially if I want to add a supercharger to the Coyote sometime in the future. The Torson rear end sounds "bullet-proof" as well, but probably wont exercise it.

I am not crazy about the soft summer tires, but not really a big issue, except they'll be shot in 20K mi. I only drive the stang in nice weather anyway.

Can anyone comment on the ride quality with the track package. Is it stiffer? bumpier? harsher? Does the track package add alot of weight?

I do plan on keeping the car "forever" (thats what I said about my 14k mi. 2006 GT I have, which my wife constantly reminds me!!). Will the track package be desireable in the long run.

Any other advantages or disadvantages?

Your thoughts, please?
Thanks
Chris
Old 5/14/12, 11:47 AM

Well, my Mustang is not built yet so I can't comment on the ride, but this was my thought process:

I wanted the Brembo brake package for the improved handling and Brembos, so I was already going to spend the extra for that option. The track package is <1k more, and you get the diff, oil cooler, and radiator. Do I think I will ever really put those extra options or even the Brembos to full use? No. However, the extra options afforded by the track package get you *that* much closer to a Boss, and also will cost alot less than getting them installed sometime later down the road.

It's up to you in the end, of course, but IMO if you are looking at the Brembos already then you might as well pay the extra few hundred $ for what you are getting, plus it sounds cool to say you got the track package.

Last edited by jakk; 5/14/12 at 11:48 AM.
Old 5/14/12, 11:56 AM
GT Member

For me, I did not get the "Brembo" or as it is now known as the track package simply based on ride quality. I test drove identical cars with and without the Brembo package back to back. The Brembo is much stiffer and the ride very harsh compared to the non-brembo car. As a daily driver on poor quality roads I knew the ride of the brembo car would get old fast. It's all what you want to use the car for.
Old 5/14/12, 12:07 PM
V6 Member

::Looks at Username::

Yes!

I really can't add anything more to what you've said. You obviously know what the pack has, and what it's worth... so it's just up to you to decide whether or not it's worth it to you. It was a must for me since I do plan to track the car and I supercharged the sucker.