The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Track Pack badge (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/track-pack-badge-511242/)

Thomas S 7/14/12 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach (Post 6397111)
Since we're talking cheesy badges, what does "Boss LT" mean?

I think the LT stands for "Looks Tacky". :jester:

But seriously, there are too many logos on that car. Not a good look. The "Track Pack" badge is ok I guess but you really should lose the "Boss LT". You just look like a poseur and nobody respects that.

scoops 7/14/12 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by db2797 (Post 6397141)
I'm thinking we need an "I'm touchy" badge for those that seem to get their panties into a bunch about what others do to their car. :D

:nice:

BOSS302R 7/14/12 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas S (Post 6397230)

But seriously, there are too many logos on that car. Not a good look. The "Track Pack" badge is ok I guess but you really should lose the "Boss LT". You just look like a poseur and nobody respects that.

i don't mind it :)

96lasersnake 7/14/12 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6397228)
You don't like my side strip?? PISS OFF!!! :jester:

LOl, no I dont. Looks made up and cheesy. Kinda like the dealer conversion mustangs from regency and southern customs used to do on the 05-09 cars. Everyone wanted a special edition :poke: Buts it is your car and you have every right to put as much TP on it as you want. :D

GRN 5OH 7/14/12 07:06 PM

+++1

blackedout 5.0L 7/14/12 08:41 PM

Who care's what they think its your car! I like it!

GreenCars 7/14/12 09:22 PM

:shame::shame::shame::shame: To where this thread has gone. Until you guys who do not like what others have done to their cars pay the monthly.. I think you should keep the negative comments to yourself.. Not saying I am a fan of misbadging but at least be tactful and respectful in your remarks.

AzPete 7/15/12 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by GreenCars (Post 6397448)
:shame::shame::shame::shame: To where this thread has gone. Until you guys who do not like what others have done to their cars pay the monthly.. I think you should keep the negative comments to yourself.. Not saying I am a fan of misbadging but at least be tactful and respectful in your remarks.

So...we are back to the kids sports....no score so everybody is happy....lol

Maybe owners need to understand that what they like on a car may not be what others like....and posting on here gets opinions, pro or con....asked for or not.....

ace72ace 7/15/12 09:51 AM

Doesn't look too bad, if you like it I'm sure others do to. And yes, you will get your fair share of haters. As someone else mentioned, I agree it would look better by itself w/o the rocker stripe. 2c deposited.

jacostang 7/15/12 10:04 AM

To each is own, it might look cleaner on the right lower corner of the dash? But what does the LT stand for, now I'm curious... But its not gaudy at all...

FromZto5 7/15/12 11:47 AM

I agree 100%. Tacky is the key word. But to each their own.

Originally Posted by AzPete (Post 6397641)
So...we are back to the kids sports....no score so everybody is happy....lol

Maybe owners need to understand that what they like on a car may not be what others like....and posting on here gets opinions, pro or con....asked for or not.....

Agree again. If people don't want opinions, then don't post. People need to be open to opinions, positive or negative.

MyStang2010GB 7/15/12 01:13 PM

I post pics of my mods and I don't ask for anyones opinion or comments because I personally don't give a crap if anyone dislikes what I have done. I post the pics to show how my car is changing and for no other reason....

db2797 7/15/12 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6397708)
Agree again. If people don't want opinions, then don't post. People need to be open to opinions, positive or negative.

Opinions are one thing. There is a lot of bullying that goes around these forums where a group of people gang up on a poster mocking them because they don't "approve" of what they've put onto their car. It's silly really. We buy Mustangs because we like the individualism that goes along with these cars right? In many cases, the comments aren't that they don't like how it flows with the car, but instead how they shouldn't put certain things on a car because of their own strange rules of what is or isn't "allowed".

Rick Schmidt 7/15/12 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by db2797 (Post 6397790)
Opinions are one thing. There is a lot of bullying that goes around these forums where a group of people gang up on a poster mocking them because they don't "approve" of what they've put onto their car. It's silly really. We buy Mustangs because we like the individualism that goes along with these cars right? In many cases, the comments aren't that they don't like how it flows with the car, but instead how they shouldn't put certain things on a car because of their own strange rules of what is or isn't "allowed".

I been seeing this too. This is the mess that drives potential new members and insight away from a forum.

As for my car you don't like what I've done to it oh well...... I'm not gonna change it just to suit you. I heard a lot of crap when I painted and put on the 96-97 v6 wheels onto my 01 " why use v6 rims ?? You can get much nicer looking ones." and the one I heard the most frompeople who seen them before I sanded the powdercoat and sprayed engine enamel" Why did you tear up those rims? they looked nice!!" Guess what I'm still rocking my $20 v6 rims !!
Attachment 208056
If ya don't like what someone does to their car then click out of the post. that easy

wannabe 7/15/12 04:11 PM

Might also be worth remembering that DEALERS are sending cars out for 'poser' graphics packages, because real or not, it looks good, and somebody's gonna buy it. And pay the extra markup.

WhiteBird00 7/16/12 08:58 AM

No dealer ever put BOSS on a non-Boss Mustang. They may create their own graphics and/or performance packages but they don't use designations that the factory already uses. Nothing wrong with that... look how much Yenko models get at auction.

jsimmons 7/16/12 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 (Post 6398252)
No dealer ever put BOSS on a non-Boss Mustang. They may create their own graphics and/or performance packages but they don't use designations that the factory already uses. Nothing wrong with that... look how much Yenko models get at auction.

I beg to disagree. Two weekends ago, I was in a Ford dealership that had two V6 cars with stripes on them - a red one that said "BOSS" on the side-stripe (like to 2013 boss stripes), and the other was GHIG, had Super Snake stripes on it, and it actually said "Super Snake". Dealers do it all the time, and they'll do it post-sale if you want them to.

rm2092 7/16/12 10:15 AM

Just don't be a poser, you have a GT, Thats it it's not a Shelby, Roush and it's not a BOSS.

Flagstang 7/16/12 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by GreenCars (Post 6397448)

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6397708)
I agree 100%. Tacky is the key word. But to each their own.

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6397753)
I post pics of my mods and I don't ask for anyones opinion or comments because I personally don't give a crap if anyone dislikes what I have done. I post the pics to show how my car is changing and for no other reason....

fyi if you post pics in a public forum what do you think you are asking for??

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:
1.A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
2.An Internet message board.

Originally Posted by db2797 (Post 6397790)

if he didnt want people to say something he would post on a public forum over and over again. If he didnt want people to look at his car he wouldnt post pics. If he didnt want people to see his car stand out he would stop sticking things to his car. I still do not thinnk anyone has been tasteless with comments and most of this has been very light hearted. Go to a STI, evo bmw, vett or honda forum or even a svt and or a shelby forum and you will see truly mean evil comments and attacks. Whats wrong with this world today when you are in the wrong for simply not liking what someone else has done.

who would of thought a place filled with mustang enthusiasts that worry about proper bolts and grease marks would have an opinion on something car related.

WhiteBird00 7/16/12 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by jsimmons (Post 6398275)
I beg to disagree. Two weekends ago, I was in a Ford dealership that had two V6 cars with stripes on them - a red one that said "BOSS" on the side-stripe (like to 2013 boss stripes), and the other was GHIG, had Super Snake stripes on it, and it actually said "Super Snake". Dealers do it all the time, and they'll do it post-sale if you want them to.

That dealer may find themselves sued out of business if they continue to do that. "Boss" is a registered trademark of Ford (corporate not dealers) and "Super Snake" is a registered trademark of Shelby America used under license by Ford (again, corporate not dealers). Trademark holders won't usually go after individuals who misuse their trademarks for personal use but they get really aggressive protecting trademarks from commercial misuse. That dealer would be liable for treble damages under trademark law.