2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

For those who still want a 2011..Decide QUICK

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/10, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Sounds to me like some Canadian retailers need to take a course in "competing in the free enterprise system 101" because they are losing profits due to their monopolistic greed.
First, let me use the example of the book you purchased in the UK. What do you suppose the response would have been from an American bookseller if you had approached them and said "well I can get this from the UK for $x"? Likely, they would have said "well buy it from them then, because someone will give me the price I want". The likelihood of someone buying a brand new car from the US is actually quite small -- because all things being equal most people can't afford to buy it cash. See, although both Equifax and TransUnion (credit agencies) exist in both countries, they don't readily share information unless requested to do so. For a Canadian to get credit in the US they need a SSN; this is an option I am exploring myself but I'm an unusual case because I have American citizenship.

So, for new cars at least, buying in the US isn't a threat for the most part, so there is little motive for them to drop prices in a hurry.

One further point about cross-border shopping. The TV I bought was assembled in the US, it's the same model available here, same warranty. What is even more irritating was when I bought appliances for my new house (6 years ago). I bought $10G of appliances from a local retailer at a decent price, but unfortunately the selection of gas ranges ("Whirlpool Gold" in a black finish) was very limited, it would have been their cheapest model. Solution? Off to NY, after-Christmas sale, got the top-of-the-line range and brought it home. Where was it made? Canada. WTF? They make it here, but don't even sell it here.
Old 10/28/10, 10:49 PM
Cobra R Member

fords math must be in dog years...last time i looked it's still 2010....geee

ps: ill leave us with these pick from border crossing near vancouver...always brothers!

Old 10/28/10, 11:58 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10/29/10, 01:20 AM
Banned

Old 10/29/10, 05:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey oac, i noticed your from Hamilton, any local aftermarket shops for mustangs you can recommend around the area? Im in Burlington!
Old 10/29/10, 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
OAC_Sparky, you could have saved even more on your TV and appliances. When you buy something in NY, the sales tax is refundable if the product doesn't stay there. Granted, the paperwork isn't worth it for normal day shopping but it is for big ticket items. Keep your receipt and any paperwork showing CDN taxes/duty paid at the border and get the sales tax refund form from the state's website.

I always found it ridiculous that I could buy Canadian beer (or Crown Royal) for about half the price in Buffalo as in Toronto. As long as I was visiting the outlaws for a couple of days, I didn't even have to pay duty to bring it back.
Old 10/29/10, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

^ really? wow I didn't know that

i just brought back an oven from there in the summer, would have been helpful

The alcohol thing sucks..but thats because our government controls our alcohol licensing..and they think with a higher price...there will be less alcoholics...same thing goes for tabaco products
Old 10/29/10, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LLZuB
Hey oac, i noticed your from Hamilton, any local aftermarket shops for mustangs you can recommend around the area? Im in Burlington!
I haven't got my Mustang yet (ordering in January or February depending on the incentives) but it depends what you're asking. For parts, I deal either with Steeda in Milton, Sean Hyland Motorsports in Woodstock or I buy online and ship it to a pickup point in Niagara Falls NY.

For work/mods I do 90% of the work myself; I have airtools and a garage so apart from an actual alignment or dyno I do it myself. But if I was getting any major work done I would likely take it to Sean Hyland. I haven't personally had work done by Steeda in Milton, but sadly I can't recommend them I've had a few friends not too happy with their work.

If you're looking for tint though I do highly recommend Pro-Tint on Ashley St. downtown Hamilton.

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
OAC_Sparky, you could have saved even more on your TV and appliances.
Thanks for the heads up, perhaps this was a recent change, I did enquire at the border about that (because I know the same goes for things bought here) but nobody seemed to know anything about it (this was 3 years ago), maybe they were just playing dumb. Goood to hear that they do it now at least.
Old 10/29/10, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LLZuB
The alcohol thing sucks..but thats because our government controls our alcohol licensing..and they think with a higher price...there will be less alcoholics...same thing goes for tabaco products
The tabacco thing sucks: I keep a humidor full of cigars, last year I went to a concert in Grand Rapids Mi and bought a box of 25 on the way over at the crossing at Sarnia in the morning, we had a few that night. When I came back late the next night, I declared the remaining 21 in the box, total value: $71

What they wanted for duty? $165. Bastards.

So I went out to the car, sliced each and every cigar straight up the center and handed them in. "But sir, you didn't have to do that, we dispose of them in a dump, we don't smoke them." I replied, "well I guess I'm saving a few seagulls from lung cancer then." lol
Old 10/29/10, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks man, good to know some options. With my current car i usually do all the work myself, but it'll take some time to get comfertable with the stang

Thats hilarious, im sure theyw ould have smoked them...good call slicing them hahaha

If you try and bring alcohol over, they ding you for a doller per ounce
Old 10/29/10, 07:53 PM

Im in Alberta and ordered in July! I just recently got the VIN# and Build date is November 1st, its been a long freaking time to wait and I wont get to drive the car till snow is gone, but I know the wait will be worth it. And the dealership agreed to install my Borla S cats and saleen grille when it gets there cuz iI been waitin so long.

Im paying 38000 All In - Window Sticker if your interested.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF7B5157918
Old 10/29/10, 09:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MidnightMustang
Im in Alberta and ordered in July! I just recently got the VIN# and Build date is November 1st, its been a long freaking time to wait and I wont get to drive the car till snow is gone, but I know the wait will be worth it. And the dealership agreed to install my Borla S cats and saleen grille when it gets there cuz iI been waitin so long.

Im paying 38000 All In - Window Sticker if your interested.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF7B5157918
where can you go to get a windowsticker?!?!?!? I wanna see mine! ): although my car is scheduled to arrive on tuesday! but I haven't slept for about 3 days now waiting for it!
Old 10/29/10, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cornezy
where can you go to get a windowsticker?!?!?!? I wanna see mine! ): although my car is scheduled to arrive on tuesday! but I haven't slept for about 3 days now waiting for it!
Seriously? Thought that was common knowledge by now. Here ya go:

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.co...icker.pdf?vin=

Put your VIN at the end of that link, just after the =
Old 10/29/10, 10:32 PM
GT Member

thanks!
Old 10/29/10, 10:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by monkeystash
Seriously? Thought that was common knowledge by now. Here ya go:

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.co...icker.pdf?vin=

Put your VIN at the end of that link, just after the =
IT WONT WORK ):
Old 10/29/10, 10:36 PM
GT Member

hahahaahah jk i got it to work
Old 10/30/10, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Mine did not work for the longest time but it works now!

I'm so excited! Suppose to be here about 11/12 and now I know it real. I also got my $750 coupon in the mail yesterday!

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.co...BP8CF2B5157762

TED

Last edited by Ted in Olympia; 10/30/10 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10/31/10, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

My 11 is going to be built in the next week!

Ordered mine Aug 5 and the dealer submitted the order to Ford on Aug 16. Last Thursday got my VIN with estimated build Nov 1-6 and ETA at dealership Nov 16-23.
Old 11/1/10, 12:08 AM
GT Member

Ah the Peace Arch, I live 25km south! Nexus makes it a breeze...Canada is great; went on a road trip to Banff & Jasper this summer and that was awesome! Picking up my 2011 GT on Tuesday. Taking it to Abbotsford on Thursday!

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
fords math must be in dog years...last time i looked it's still 2010....geee

ps: ill leave us with these pick from border crossing near vancouver...always brothers!

Last edited by born2run74; 11/1/10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11/10/10, 07:35 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like Ford will still be pulling 2011 Mustang orders for a bit longer, at least for dealers who still have allocation. We're getting several 2011 Mustang orders pulled per week still so I've been loading up Sterling Gray Mustangs since it's such a popular color that won't be back for 2012.

Quick Reply: For those who still want a 2011..Decide QUICK