The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Suspension noice (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/suspension-noice-529692/)

navotavo 4/16/14 07:45 AM

Suspension noice

Hi.
I have a 5.0 GT 2014 just bought, about 700 miles on it. While driving and because the road it bounces and a noice is heard from the front right suspension. I took it to the dealer and they said that Ford issued a note telling them that something has a failure and must be replaced.
Does anyone know about this, could be true.

I am in Chile.
Greetins

scott9050 4/16/14 08:13 AM

I have a creaking noise in mine that I noticed as it got warmer. Same issue, sounds like an 87 T-Bird going over speed bumps. Others have reported the same thing and the dealers have fixed under warranty.

kylerohde 4/16/14 10:27 AM

You have the lower control arm problem that has plagued these cars for years - dealer should replace under warranty and you'll be good to go. Hopefully a dealer in Chile has no problem getting parts for a Mustang!

wanted33 4/16/14 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by kylerohde (Post 6789017)
You have the lower control arm problem that has plagued these cars for years - dealer should replace under warranty and you'll be good to go. Hopefully a dealer in Chile has no problem getting parts for a Mustang!

My old friend Kyle is absolutely correct.

One would think that Ford would have corrected this problem by now. Hell, it's been what, three or four years right?

fivepointgo 4/16/14 03:38 PM

Just had this fixed on mine a couple months ago, it should be under TSB 13-7-8. They replace the LCA with a heat shield and it should do the trick.

wheelman 4/16/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by fivepointgo (Post 6789146)
Just had this fixed on mine a couple months ago, it should be under TSB 13-7-8. They replace the LCA with a heat shield and it should do the trick.

Noice! :p

fivepointgo 4/16/14 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 6789147)
Noice! :p

:rofl:

navotavo 4/16/14 08:24 PM

Thank you all for answering, my dealer will repair it as soon as they receive the parts.
Now they told me about the TBS too.

FordService 5/1/14 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by navotavo (Post 6788944)
Hi.
I have a 5.0 GT 2014 just bought, about 700 miles on it. While driving and because the road it bounces and a noice is heard from the front right suspension. I took it to the dealer and they said that Ford issued a note telling them that something has a failure and must be replaced.
Does anyone know about this, could be true.
I am in Chile.
Greetins

Originally Posted by navotavo (Post 6789313)
Thank you all for answering, my dealer will repair it as soon as they receive the parts.
Now they told me about the TBS too.

Glad to learn this is being taken care of for you, navotavo!

Originally Posted by scott9050 (Post 6788960)
I have a creaking noise in mine that I noticed as it got warmer. Same issue, sounds like an 87 T-Bird going over speed bumps. Others have reported the same thing and the dealers have fixed under warranty.

Welcome to the forum, scott9050! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer and get it checked out. Also, let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me back with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha