The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   stock or modified? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/stock-modified-536711/)

choate 4/14/15 10:21 PM

stock or modified?

1 Attachment(s)
I miss the original look after seeing this pic. I have quite a few basic mods suspension wise and tune. There is something about an original car though. Thoughts?
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pscebe0d91.jpg

The closest comparison picture I have
Attachment 188500

ElkGroveFordGuy 4/14/15 10:32 PM

It looks good both ways!
Just different styles!

kanine 4/14/15 10:37 PM

I love the modified look, those wheels and some simple appearance mods makes it look like a whole different car! What suspension set up do you have if I may ask.

Enfynet 4/14/15 10:53 PM

I've actually been pouring over my "future mod list" and I keep remembering how much I loved the car that I bought. I'm gonna stick with subtle changes instead of going for the "show stopper" look.

JoeMidnight 4/15/15 05:41 AM

I can tell you that stock has better resale value over modified.

imeyers302 4/15/15 05:43 AM

I am a big fan of modified cars that look bone stock. Had a 1991 LX 5.0 and put $10k plus into that car. Aside from sitting a little lower the car remained bone stock looking down to the 5 spoke wheels. I am going the same direction with my 2014 Track Pack GT. Only exterior mods going on the car is the GT500 spoiler and possibly the boss/cs front splitter. Under the skin its a whole other story. Far from stock.

dohc97 4/15/15 05:52 AM

I am not a fan of exterior mods as well. Except for the wheels/tires/exhaust, I keep mine stock looking. Under the skin, I have some minor mods; tune, sound system upgrades.

5.M0NSTER 4/15/15 08:44 AM

Car looks awesome! I prefer the moded look. Love the lowered stance, wheels and wing :nice:

tukatz 4/15/15 08:48 AM

As a guy I worked for many years ago used to say, "Whatever blows your dress up."

The only exterior mod mine has is the Stubby antenna. I may put mud guards on it. I'm another vote for the stock look.

choate 4/15/15 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by kanine (Post 6918690)
I love the modified look, those wheels and some simple appearance mods makes it look like a whole different car! What suspension set up do you have if I may ask.

It should show in my signature now but last night I was on my phone. Suspension mods are Koni orange shocks with GT500 upper mounts, BMR springs, J&M panhard, J&M rear LCA and CHE relocation brackets. I've done quite a few exterior mods too. I am enjoying them but it's not stock for sure. GT500 wing, Roush side splitters and rear Roush side splitters. MMD tail light tint and trim. AM upper and lower grill. Fog deletes. Different wheels, stubby antenna and that's about it exterior wise.

I will agree the stock holds it's value more but I hope my mods are subtle enough to not scare someone off. I've put a lot of money into this car I know I won't get back but it will keep me from getting a 2015. For a while at least

Automatic 5.0 4/15/15 05:46 PM

I agree with EGFG, it looks great both ways.

Blown CS 4/15/15 06:03 PM

I like mine to look different since so many are on the road. I think every person should modify a car to their own personality, whether it be plain or radical.

TripleBlack14 4/15/15 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At the very least I think our cars need a bit of lowering, even with stock wheels....and a white retro cue ball shift knob. They need that.

Last1 4/16/15 04:17 AM

I am also a fan of lowering around 1-1.5" The stock hight just looked goofy on my 2014.

CriticalmassGT 4/16/15 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by choate (Post 6918681)
I miss the original look after seeing this pic. I have quite a few basic mods suspension wise and tune. There is something about an original car though. Thoughts?
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pscebe0d91.jpg

The closest comparison picture I have
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pstfhu0oxb.jpg

Stock, except for some appearance mods (and exhaust of course). Most of which are in the cabin and under the hood. I don't even have stripes (as it seems the lower on the totem pole you go as far as model trims, the more stripes / hash marks, etc, the cars seem to have).

HizliBullet 4/17/15 01:56 PM

you're not alone im pure stock as well..its in the way it looks original that i really like

kanine 4/17/15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Last1 (Post 6919006)
I am also a fan of lowering around 1-1.5" The stock hight just looked goofy on my 2014.

I agreed, I like a mostly stock look with the car mildly lowered, and maybe a nice set of wheels.

kanine 4/17/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by choate (Post 6918881)
It should show in my signature now but last night I was on my phone. Suspension mods are Koni orange shocks with GT500 upper mounts, BMR springs, J&M panhard, J&M rear LCA and CHE relocation brackets. I've done quite a few exterior mods too. I am enjoying them but it's not stock for sure. GT500 wing, Roush side splitters and rear Roush side splitters. MMD tail light tint and trim. AM upper and lower grill. Fog deletes. Different wheels, stubby antenna and that's about it exterior wise.

I will agree the stock holds it's value more but I hope my mods are subtle enough to not scare someone off. I've put a lot of money into this car I know I won't get back but it will keep me from getting a 2015. For a while at least

Thanks, I really like the way your car looks. The drop is perfect and the wheels fill the wheel gap perfectly without it looking slammed.

SplitSecond 4/17/15 08:16 PM

I don't really have a preference when it comes to modified vs. stock. I love tastefully modded cars, though nice clean stock cars are refreshing. When it comes to exterior mods I love subtle modifications that make people wonder if it is a stock piece or not.

2014GHIGGT 4/18/15 05:09 AM

To the OP. It does look both ways. I will say I'm a sucker for the CDC chin spoiler on the 11-12 mustangs. That would look hot on your car.