The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Steeda Tune Comparison (FWIW) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/steeda-tune-comparison-fwiw-491905/)

mystickeith50 2/18/11 05:20 PM

Steeda Tune Comparison (FWIW)

All I can say is wow. For those of you who already have the new steeda tune this will be old news. I have had three tunes total for my car with the mods below. I recently got the new Steeda tune and it is an amazing difference. AMAZING. The throttle response is ridiculous, but where it shines is the mid range torque and top end. I really can't express how pleased I am with this new tune compared to other companies. Gus good job because I really did not believe there could be this much of a difference from what I already had!!

Glenn 2/18/11 07:13 PM

cool beans! How much did the tune cost you?

Old Chuck 2/18/11 07:22 PM

What other tunes

Would be interested to see if you used anything other then the Steeda prior.
Trying to see if anyone has used both Steeda and Bama and what they thought.

mystickeith50 2/18/11 07:25 PM

i've had bama, evolution, and now steedas new one. steedas in my opinion is far far superior for all the reasons listed above.

eric n 2/18/11 08:51 PM

Hopefully mine will be here early next week. I can't freakin wait!!

David Young 2/19/11 08:02 AM

If you can 'honestly' say its better than your Evolution tune, then the Steeda tune must be the best.

mystickeith50 2/19/11 08:50 AM

I really have given this an honest evaluation. I even made some runs (on some very private rural roads lol) with each one consecutively and there is a noticeable difference. Let's put it this way, I have the option of running any of them and I'm choosing to go with this new steeda one.

RaceRed12 2/19/11 12:07 PM

I'm ordering the Steeda tune as soon as they have one for the 2012.

Modshack 2/19/11 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mystickeith50 (Post 6015399)
All I can say is wow. For those of you who already have the new steeda tune this will be old news. I have had three tunes total for my car with the mods below. I recently got the new Steeda tune and it is an amazing difference. AMAZING. The throttle response is ridiculous, but where it shines is the mid range torque and top end. I really can't express how pleased I am with this new tune compared to other companies. Gus good job because I really did not believe there could be this much of a difference from what I already had!!

I've been running it since the announcement for the new tune was made....It really is excellent and a big improvement over the earlier version.. While other tunes may be as good, I can't imagine anything better for this motor....Enjoy it..I am!

SteedaGus 2/21/11 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mystickeith50 (Post 6015399)

Great to see yet another happy customer! Thanks for the great feedback!

ghedeup123 2/24/11 09:48 AM

I just got the new Steeda tune. Uploaded it to my car this morning. Wow. I already had the Steeda CAI and a Brenspeed 93 Oct tune and thought it couldn't get any better. Wrong. Throttle response is fantastic, and overall smoothness is improved. From the butt dyno it seems power and torque are up right across the power band. Very happy. Can't wait to get out there and drive it again!

Great work and great customer service from Steeda!

Colin

starbai 3/1/11 12:37 PM

I've asked this before but if you dont mind I'll ask again... in normal street driving... with 93... whats your average MPG?

I again understand if your goal is all out power, gas mileage isn't a concern, but i'm still curious what you're ending up with...

thanks!

mnblk5.0 3/16/11 09:50 PM

how is it for daily driving, are the shifts cruising around town TOO firm/hard?

SteedaGus 3/18/11 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by starbai (Post 6022502)
I've asked this before but if you dont mind I'll ask again... in normal street driving... with 93... whats your average MPG?

I again understand if your goal is all out power, gas mileage isn't a concern, but i'm still curious what you're ending up with...

thanks!

During steady state cruise your mileage should be the same, if not a hair better than stock.

Your mileage while enjoying the power, no guarantees on that :grin:

SteedaGus 3/18/11 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by mnblk5.0 (Post 6032547)
how is it for daily driving, are the shifts cruising around town TOO firm/hard?

It is a customer preference, but the shift firmness we use has been fine for 95% of customers. Very seldom do we have someone ask us to soften it up a bit, and once in a while we get someone who wants it even firmer. We can do either one.

MRGTX 3/18/11 08:43 AM

Just curious- What kind of longevity impact might this have on the auto transmission?

SteedaGus 3/18/11 10:14 AM

While I am sure transmission longevity is reduced, it has not been reduced to the point where you still dont get acceptably long life. These transmissions are proving to be very durable. They are even holding up well in supercharged applications. With just a cold air and tune, the difference in longevity will probably not be obvious enough to be noticeable.

HoosierDaddy 3/18/11 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 6033392)
Just curious- What kind of longevity impact might this have on the auto transmission?

Originally Posted by SteedaGus (Post 6033476)
While I am sure transmission longevity is reduced, it has not been reduced to the point where you still dont get acceptably long life. These transmissions are proving to be very durable. They are even holding up well in supercharged applications. With just a cold air and tune, the difference in longevity will probably not be obvious enough to be noticeable.

In the "old days" stiffer/faster shifts actually increased the life of most auto trans. The heat and wear from the slippage of softer shifts was more harmful than the extra shock loads of a firm shift. Obviously, how the trans is designed plays a big part, so its not a universal rule.

David Young 3/18/11 07:22 PM

I'm one of the people who wanted the automatic transmission to shift almost factory for my V-6. The Steeda tune still took around .4 to .5 tenths of a second off my 0 to 60 times while the automatic shifts as smooth as from the factory.

erickburke 3/18/11 07:27 PM

Gus,
Any talk about doing a "cammed idle tune" as an option along with the tune Steeda already offers?