2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

So is it off to Ramp51?

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/10, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to a 2nd tier ford customer service rep today and they told me my car is free of any quality holds and is awaiting shipment. I live about 4hrs away from flat rock and he told me they are shipping it by rail!?!?! He said my car is sitting until the rail car makes load so there is no ETA at the moment. My original ETA was 4/26.
Old 5/25/10, 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by markski74
I spoke to a 2nd tier ford customer service rep today and they told me my car is free of any quality holds and is awaiting shipment. I live about 4hrs away from flat rock and he told me they are shipping it by rail!?!?! He said my car is sitting until the rail car makes load so there is no ETA at the moment. My original ETA was 4/26.
I call

Sounds like something they are now saying just to keep people from holding them accountable.
Old 5/25/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I call

Sounds like something they are now saying just to keep people from holding them accountable.
What part is BS? Do you think it is still on quality hold?
Old 5/25/10, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by markski74
That part.

"NO ETA" but no quality holds. That pretty much sums up EVERY delay that they've announced publicly (which means no announcement.) I'm SURE they have enough cars to fill a rail car (or 100).

On and on and on there have been NO HOLDS and yet cars have not shipped and been delayed for weeks. What they told you seems to be the party line when consumers ask the question about their car. I've been "awaiting shipment" since 5/6 but I'm fairly sure there have been quality holds.

Although has anyone else noticed that the extreme south seems to be getting more cars than anywhere else? TX, LA, FL . . . but even MI dealers aren't getting them.
Old 5/25/10, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Although has anyone else noticed that the extreme south seems to be getting more cars than anywhere else? TX, LA, FL . . . but even MI dealers aren't getting them.
That should be no surprise. I'm sure that warm weather climate dealers outsell snow belt dealers 10:1, 20:1 or more on Mustangs per year. It is still a "turn and earn" industry.
Old 5/25/10, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm in Mass, my dealer has 4 stock units already and 2 retails that already went out to customers. They also have 4 more stock units and 2 more retails (including mine) with an ETA of weeks ago.

They are the highest volume dealer in the northeast, so thats probably why. Its all about volume.
Old 5/25/10, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I did have someone check my status at the dealer end and my order changed from convoy to rail. I was told it will probably go to chicago then come to my location by truck. I am about half way between flat rock and chicago.

Last edited by markski74; 5/25/10 at 10:32 AM.
Old 5/25/10, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

I still don't understand why some area dealers have them in stock. I can look at the vin and see it was built 3-4 weeks after mine. They have pictures of it taken outside the dealership so I know they have it on site.
Oh well.
Old 5/25/10, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I still don't understand why some area dealers have them in stock. I can look at the vin and see it was built 3-4 weeks after mine. They have pictures of it taken outside the dealership so I know they have it on site.
Oh well.
Based on what I was told ford shipped dealer stock ahead of retail orders.
Old 5/25/10, 10:43 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Not to get off topic, but my local Ford dealers are finally starting to get '2011 Stock Inventory Mustangs' in.