2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

So is it off to Ramp51?

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is it off to Ramp51?

Car was produced on the 19th

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-19-2010 May-26-2010

my ETA is the 29th of this month..

bet on where its going?

Ramp51 or the dealer?
Old 5/22/10, 07:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
pony racer So is it off to Ramp51?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-19-2010 May-26-2010

bet on where its going?

Ramp51 or the dealer?
I hope for your car doesn't end up there with the others that have been sitting for over a month!
Old 5/22/10, 07:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pony racer

bet on where its going?

Ramp51 or the dealer?
I'm in exactly the same position as you. Last status update was Produced May 19th. ETA Wednesday, same as you.
Old 5/22/10, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Well, I'm in the same boat. Mine was built 21 May. Now what? The Twilight Zone or home with me?
Old 5/22/10, 08:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pony racer

bet on where its going?

Ramp51 or the dealer?
All cars must pass through Ramp 51 for mandatory electronic Standards of Learning tests. It's part of the new Obama Administration's, "No Car Shipped in Time Act."
Old 5/22/10, 08:39 AM
GT Member

LOL! Another Obama "Charley Foxtrot"!!!
Old 5/22/10, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
All cars must pass through Ramp 51 for mandatory electronic Standards of Learning tests. It's part of the new Obama Administration's, "No Car Shipped in Time Act."

Actually, Rand Paul is in charge there. Ramp 51 is where they go to get segregated by color, which he abhors. Still thinks it OK, just says he abhors it. Tea, anyone?
Old 5/22/10, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Bush's No Child Left Behind was his PR attempt to look like he cared about education. All BS, no substance at all.

I'm a teacher. Nobody in education thinks it's funny.

Just another mess for Obama to fix.
Old 5/22/10, 10:04 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Sorry to say, but 'Ramp 51' for you. lol!!!
Old 5/22/10, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
Bush's No Child Left Behind was his PR attempt to look like he cared about education. All BS, no substance at all.

I'm a teacher. Nobody in education thinks it's funny.

Just another mess for Obama to fix.
and his solution is????? is it throwing money at the problem? PM me if you want to answer without hijacking the thread.
Old 5/22/10, 10:11 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I know the wait is hard. My Mustang took 55 days from order to delivery. Now that i can look back, my Mustang came in pretty fast.
Old 5/22/10, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think we are starting to see the danger of having a very early built car, like those that were ordered as stock units. Yeah, they were built fast. And some of the buyers were the very first to see their cars delivered. But other early built cars are buried in lots or possibly waiting for service to correct early production problems. Having your car built early is a gamble. Some win. Some lose. Others of us, many with ROV orders, will not be the first to see our cars but delivery should be more predictable.

This is primarily a problem with how Ford and the shipping companies handle automotive deliveries. But since few people order their new cars, and only a subset of those people care to track their order, I doubt Ford or any other automaker will bother improving the process.

Last edited by Skotty; 5/22/10 at 10:20 AM.
Old 5/22/10, 11:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Skotty
I think we are starting to see the danger of having a very early built car, like those that were ordered as stock units. Yeah, they were built fast. And some of the buyers were the very first to see their cars delivered. But other early built cars are buried in lots or possibly waiting for service to correct early production problems. Having your car built early is a gamble. Some win. Some lose. Others of us, many with ROV orders, will not be the first to see our cars but delivery should be more predictable.

This is primarily a problem with how Ford and the shipping companies handle automotive deliveries. But since few people order their new cars, and only a subset of those people care to track their order, I doubt Ford or any other automaker will bother improving the process.
This will likely be my last ordered car from Ford
Old 5/22/10, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
You guys HAD to expect this. Or at least think it was POSSIBLE. Ford has been on a roll, but they aren't PERFECT. They changed a LOT of stuff between 2010 and 2011, and they pushed up development a whole year. If I was still in a position to buy, I would have ordered early just like the rest of you. But I would have done it knowing **** could and probably would happen with all these changes. I've been waiting for this car since I could talk. Most of you are on your 3rd or more V8 Mustang. Some of you, it's your first Mustang, maybe first Ford. But you can't expect the first year of production on a heavily changed machine to go perfect.

That being said, I feel that Ford could be more forthcoming with their enthusiasts. We all know the vast majority of car buyers don't spec out their cars and special order them. Ford **** well knows the following the Mustang has. If this were a bunch of Fusions, no one would really care all that much. But they have to have someone high up who recognizes that they have thousands of their FANS who have special ordered these Mustangs and have been waiting over a month past when their car was built. That is unacceptable. But, it wouldn't stop me from going through with my purchase or from ordering another car from Ford. **** happens. I would hope that once you guys all get your cars, the least Ford could do is offer a letter of apology. They should do SOMEthing, at least acknowledge they screwed up, instead of just trying to hide it and act like nothing happened.
Old 5/22/10, 12:40 PM
Cobra R Member

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I spec'd the car 12/16/09, submitted 1/19/10... there are people that ordered in April that are driving their ordered cars, I'll be lucky if I get mine in June!?!

This is my second ordered Stang, my '05 didn't take this long (new engine & body).

Last edited by Kahdir; 5/22/10 at 12:41 PM.
Old 5/22/10, 12:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Like I've said before, I can understand being pissed off at that. It's unacceptable. And when you do finally get your car, I hope Ford compensates you in some way for the BS.

But no one on here can do ANYthing about it.
Old 5/22/10, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

We're all so used to placing our orders on Amazon and having them within a couple of days, but manufacturing does not work like that. I don't expect Ford to communicate every time there is a QC hold on a batch of vehicles. They don't want to freak their customers out over something that may turn out to be nothing, and I don't blame them.

My dealer has been great about keeping me informed and making sure I'm happy, but many other folks around here have dealers that are indifferent at best and ignorant at worst. One thing I think Ford should do is email the weekly status updates directly to the customer as well as the dealer. Even if nothing has changed, just having that communication makes me feel a million times better. This is something Ford could do with minimal investment.
Old 5/22/10, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cust. Serv. Email

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
One thing I think Ford should do is email the weekly status updates directly to the customer as well as the dealer. Even if nothing has changed, just having that communication makes me feel a million times better. This is something Ford could do with minimal investment.
i can see this now..

Dear Jon Q. Public

Thank you for placing your order of a 2011 Mustang, on ??/??/????

We would like to inform you at this time you car has been produced and is awaiting shipping.
it should be at your dealer shortly

Thank you,

Ford Customer Service

1 week later

Dear Jon Q. Public

Thank you for placing your order of a 2011 Mustang, on ??/??/????

We would like to inform you at this time you car has been produced on ??/??/???? and is awaiting shipping.
It should be at your dealer shortly

Thank you,

Ford Customer Service

now imagine getting that same email 5 weeks in a row
how aggravated would you be at that time?

Old 5/22/10, 04:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Old Shadow
LOL! Another Obama "Charley Foxtrot"!!!
It took me a minute to get this one.
Old 5/22/10, 09:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I tell customers that wish to special order that there are always the possibility of delays. I also mention that if time is of the essence, then they should consider buying a car that is already here on our lot (or at another of the 130+ dealers in our region that we can fetch within a few days). Model year changeover (even on models that aren't substantially improved/changed) often results in delays getting the initial few waves of production.

I don't always get up on a soapbox and defend Ford, but in this case I will. Special orders are special. Try special ordering tile for your home, or custom furniture, etc. Long wait times happen often, so those who don't wish to wait should just buy the generic goods offered at the local hardware store or furniture gallery.

I've been working at the same dealer for 11 years. I've seen countless new/improved model introductions (Mustang and otherwise). The delays (regardless of the reason) are par for the course. When the 2002 Thunderbirds were in the early stages, Ford went so far as to train dealers on "managing the wait" to keep customers happy and notified as to the whereabouts of their orders (super long wait times, my friends, often up to a year!). Maybe Ford needs to offering up the "managing the wait" training for dealers again to better keep customers in the loop. Better yet, Ford could practice what they preach and keep us dealers in the loop on the delays and what to expect.