The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Shelby GTS announced at New York Auto Show (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/shelby-gts-announced-new-york-auto-show-494469/)

stangfoeva 4/22/11 09:44 AM

Has anyone noticed nearly half of the items in the "package" are stripes or badges? LOL

The 2012 Ford Shelby GTS post-title package includes:
  • Ford Racing handling pack including new springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace
  • Fresh air package for the normally aspirated V6 tune or V8
  • Borla exhaust system
  • Shelby / Baer brakes
  • Unique deep draw hood featuring classic Shelby design
  • Black billet upper grill with Ford “Running Pony” emblem
  • Unique Shelby front fascias
  • Shelby LeMans stripes and side stripes
  • “Shelby GTS” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
  • “Powered by Ford” side badges
  • “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid

11SHELBYGT500 4/22/11 10:22 AM

If they take a few of the badges away, would that make you happy?

stangfoeva 4/22/11 10:29 AM

calm down I'm not a shelby hater. I just found it funny that they broke out 4 bullets for that.

And the only thing that would make me happy with this car is a better looking body kit. I have the same beef with this as I do the GT350. It'll be a performer no doubt, but it's ugly IMO

07S197 4/22/11 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 6057442)
Has anyone noticed nearly half of the items in the "package" are stripes or badges? LOL

The 2012 Ford Shelby GTS post-title package includes:
  • Ford Racing handling pack including new springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace
  • Fresh air package for the normally aspirated V6 tune or V8
  • Borla exhaust system
  • Shelby / Baer brakes
  • Unique deep draw hood featuring classic Shelby design
  • Black billet upper grill with Ford “Running Pony” emblem
  • Unique Shelby front fascias
  • Shelby LeMans stripes and side stripes
  • “Shelby GTS” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
  • “Powered by Ford” side badges
  • “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6057485)
If they take a few of the badges away, would that make you happy?

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 6057491)
calm down I'm not a shelby hater. I just found it funny that they broke out 4 bullets for that.

And the only thing that would make me happy with this car is a better looking body kit. I have the same beef with this as I do the GT350. It'll be a performer no doubt, but it's ugly IMO

No different than the SGT offered from 07-09. Don't get me wrong the SGT was a great looking car, but the parts on that car that made it go faster and handle better were and still are avaliable from FRPP. No different than this car.

IMHO I think this GTS is a lesser Shelby too. The SGT was built pre-title in Las Vegas as a Shelby GT not a Ford Mustang with a Shelby GT pkg.

Does anyone know if they are going to limit the number of GTS packages they will sell? It sounds as if as many as they can sell they will and there will be no cap on the number converted.

I guess in all I'm disapointed to this new approach to the entry level Shelby model.

11SHELBYGT500 4/22/11 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva

I'm not upset. You guys need to get more specific like this, yes that 2012 GT350 looking front fascia is ugly.

stangfoeva 4/22/11 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6057504)
I'm not upset. You guys need to get more specific like this, yes that 2012 GT350 looking front fascia is ugly.

agreed. I do like the philsophy of offering a ready-to-buy go fast package though.

In fact, I think it'd be very profitable if Ford were to offer something similar where you get:

aftermarket fascia of your choice- (Steeda, Roush, Saleen, Shelby, CDC, etc.)
FRPP Handling Pack
Tune/CAI-(Bama, Steeda, Livernois, etc.)

and the dealer installs upon delivery

The catch would be that Ford allows you to keep your powertrain warranty for an extra fee or something. I know it's a pipe dream, but I would love to see it