The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Shaker 500 Speaker Issue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/shaker-500-speaker-issue-548968/)

ZManTN 12/9/21 12:04 PM

Shaker 500 Speaker Issue

2010 GT - Shaker 500 driver door speaker/sub out. What should I look for at this point? Is it possible the connection is just loose?

Cavero 12/9/21 05:58 PM

Definitely doesn't hurt to check. You might think that the speaker died, but seems unlikely that both died at the same time. If the 2010-14 shaker is like the 05-09, the door subs are separate outputs off the back of the head unit. I would check the connections on the back of the head unit first. Theres also a connector on the door jamb near the hinges for the wiring harness that could be another point to check.

If you have a voltmeter, you can turn it to AC voltage and probe the connectors while you have music playing ( even better if you can find a test CD with a 60hz tone) to see if you can get any reading

ZManTN 12/15/21 01:07 PM

Thank you, I haven't been able to check yet but I'll check those spots this afternoon and see what I can find.

Thorerik 4/4/22 03:03 PM

The Shaker 500/1000 units have separate power amps for the left and right subs in the doors. The amps are located in the driver's side kick panel. The 1000 has power amps attached to the sub woofer in the trunk. The head unit is just that and acts more or less like a pre-amp for the subs.

m05fastbackGT 4/5/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cavero (Post 7065626)
Definitely doesn't hurt to check. You might think that the speaker died, but seems unlikely that both died at the same time. If the 2010-14 shaker is like the 05-09, the door subs are separate outputs off the back of the head unit. I would check the connections on the back of the head unit first. Theres also a connector on the door jamb near the hinges for the wiring harness that could be another point to check.

If you have a voltmeter, you can turn it to AC voltage and probe the connectors while you have music playing ( even better if you can find a test CD with a 60hz tone) to see if you can get any reading

Originally Posted by Thorerik (Post 7067042)
The Shaker 500/1000 units have separate power amps for the left and right subs in the doors. The amps are located in the driver's side kick panel. The 1000 has power amps attached to the sub woofer in the trunk. The head unit is just that and acts more or less like a pre-amp for the subs.

This :agree:

Siber Express 4/6/22 05:39 PM

One of the first places to check is where the wires come through to the door from the car body. For some reason power locks not working windows not working and speakers not working that is the first place to look. It would suck to pull the whole dash apart to find it is the harness coming into the door. Right now I am looking for the break in the wires for the right window of my F150 so it is a very plausible solution.