2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Sending this p.o.s. diablosport intune back!

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/14, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sending this p.o.s. diablosport intune back!

Of course i got the bad tuner. This thing is a joke. Although they claim "mac" compatible, its not. You can upload tunes off a mac computer but you cant update it. Says right in the user manual. I plug the tuner into my 2014 gt and it just freezes. Called A.M. And apperantly im the only one with this issue. Well go do diablosport forums and read all the people with the same issue. The update is an EXE file and will not open on a mac. Why should a brand new tuner and a brand new car need to be updated anyways. The thing freezes non stop even when its just plugged into my computer. It weighs about a quarter of an ounce and seems to be very cheaply made. American muscle is handling this pretty good they are paying for the return shipping. Should have bought and sct.
Old 3/3/14, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should have called diablosport, they could help you, I'm sure.
Old 3/3/14, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Load windows in Apple's bootcamp…
LJS
Old 3/3/14, 12:26 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just another reason apple sucks. They have so many proprietary software issues its crazy people still buy them. do not get me started on iTunes...

Sorry to hear about the issue.
Old 3/3/14, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

I thought the SCT wasn't mac compatible also. I have the Diablosport Intune and I havent had any problems with it. When I got rid of my windows computer I realized you couldn't update on a mac so I just went to the library to update it which was not often.
Old 3/3/14, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
just another reason apple sucks. They have so many proprietary software issues its crazy people still buy them. do not get me started on iTunes... Sorry to hear about the issue.
>proprietary software

You seem to not know the meaning of that word. OSX, more so than any other Operating System is completely open and has user tools to code and write for it's OS, making it extremely easy to write and code for it. Also, it comes with the software to dual boot another OS, if need be.
Old 3/3/14, 12:48 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Flagstang
just another reason apple sucks. They have so many proprietary software issues its crazy people still buy them. do not get me started on iTunes...

Sorry to hear about the issue.
apple = betamax
Old 3/3/14, 01:18 PM

? is, Is it a tuner issue or software compatibility issue with your computer set up?? Should contact there tech guys 1st. Pretty good guys to deal with in the past. If it is a tuner problem they should stand behind it and swap it for you.
Old 3/3/14, 01:19 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm just wondering why you guys need an Apple compatible tuner? Are y'all writing custom tunes yourselves? I doubt it. You guys should really get your cars custom dyno tuned and updated by the same tuner. Motors cost way too much to trust a guy from a catalog company to tune your car.
Old 3/3/14, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
windows 8/8.1/8.x/whatever version they have before they go back to the classic desktop = betamax
Fixed that for ya

Not wanting to get too much into a desktop computing platform war but

The accompanying utilities to a lot of these kind of products usually are windows only so no surprise there. Usually these shops aren't blazing trails in utility programming but more in engine ECU tuning (which is where id want them to focus their time on )

My solution was a cheap PC desktop that only gets turned on once in a while to do things like this, i use Apple products full time otherwise.
Old 3/3/14, 06:50 PM

I just wanted pure plug and play. The fact that the thing kept freezing at different moments just gave me a weird vibe. I dont want it to freeze in the middle of a tune and my car not start. Im just gonna be tune free for now.
Old 3/3/14, 07:18 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by coyotekiller
I just wanted pure plug and play. The fact that the thing kept freezing at different moments just gave me a weird vibe. I dont want it to freeze in the middle of a tune and my car not start. Im just gonna be tune free for now.
I'm guessing you didn't hear about SCT's update problems last year - and how many guys they left stranded. SCT knew they had problems but still closed up for the weekend and went home. A number of guys switched after that.
Old 3/4/14, 02:03 PM

dyno tuned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I'm just wondering why you guys need an Apple compatible tuner? Are y'all writing custom tunes yourselves? I doubt it. You guys should really get your cars custom dyno tuned and updated by the same tuner. Motors cost way too much to trust a guy from a catalog company to tune your car.
you can get just as F'd bye a shop dyno tuning as you can from a downloaded tune. I agree if you have a good shop with a good tuner its the way to go. But lots of shops out there that can mess up a car too. Not always easy to find a good shop depending were your located.
Old 3/5/14, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by coyotekiller
Of course i got the bad tuner. This thing is a joke. Although they claim "mac" compatible, its not. You can upload tunes off a mac computer but you cant update it. Says right in the user manual. I plug the tuner into my 2014 gt and it just freezes. Called A.M. And apperantly im the only one with this issue. Well go do diablosport forums and read all the people with the same issue. The update is an EXE file and will not open on a mac. Why should a brand new tuner and a brand new car need to be updated anyways. The thing freezes non stop even when its just plugged into my computer. It weighs about a quarter of an ounce and seems to be very cheaply made. American muscle is handling this pretty good they are paying for the return shipping. Should have bought and sct.
coyotekiller,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the DS Intune! Were you able to get a hold of Diablosports Teach Team? Those guys have been great in the past, but that's aside from the point now.

It's good to hear you're pleased with the way our Mustang Experts are handling the situation and you're being setup for a full refund. I'd expect nothing less in a situation like this!

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with another the way!

Shane
Old 3/5/14, 01:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
SCT is no better. The **** iTSX was made originally for iPhone, and still, could not be updated by a Mac. How does THAT make sense? Develop a product for use on apple mobile devices, but not let it be updated via an apple computer? And for all those asking, if the firmware on the tuner is not up to date, it won't tune the car. The iTSX is like this - fire up the app and try to tune the car, it'll say the firmware is out of date and needs to be updates before you can proceed.