2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

scratches in doorwell

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/10, 08:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scratches in doorwell

Hi guys, I was detailing my car last weekend and happened to notice really bad scratches in the door well. These scratches appear to be from opening and closing the door. I am on my blackberry so I can't post pics right now but I took the car to the dealership body shop this morning and had the manager take a look and asked if they could touch it up and he said they would have to re spray that area. So my question is, do dealership body shops do good paint work? I asked about over spray and he said no way. I will try to post pics tomorrow at work. So for you guys that have had any paintwork done at the dealership body shop, please chime in with your personal experience.

Thx
Old 11/11/10, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My wife was hit in the driver's side rear door by a teenager making a left turn...don't ask! Her car is a Reflex Silver VW Passat (2009) wagon, only two months old at the time. The damage required the body shop to order an entire driver's side of the car, cut out the rocker panel, door well and rear wheel well area, weld in the new pieces, to include a new rear door, and repaint. This was a VW dealer body shop, and the repair is flawless. The same person did all the work, to include the paint, which is a perfect match. There are craftsman still out there and people who take a lot of pride in their work. Ask around about your dealer's shop and see if they have any photos of past work. Most of these guys are proud of what they do and are happy to show past work.
Old 11/11/10, 08:53 AM
GT Member

Sorry to hear you have scratches. Dealership body shops range from poor to excellent. No telling about yours but ask around and go with you gut feeling. You should be complety satisfied and let them know that up front. But I don't understand how the door closing and opening caused any scratches. Good Luck.
Old 11/11/10, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang-4.6
Hi guys, I was detailing my car last weekend and happened to notice really bad scratches in the door well.
Dunno how this could be caused by a rubber sealing gasket. Likely from dragging shoes over the threshold. Good luck!
Old 11/11/10, 09:42 AM
GT Member

I don't understand it either. I am very careful getting into and exiting the car. I did have my front bumper repainted when I first bought my car because of bird dropping stains on the front bumper. My dealership I bough my car from does not have a body shop they sub contract l their work to an outside body shop and they did great work. I would go back to them but they are too far away. The body shop I am going to now is a lot closer. They had done some work on a new saleen and it looks really good.