Search this Thread

Old 2/12/11, 09:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks nice - well done!
Old 2/13/11, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Look good...i'm thinking of doing the samething on my car but too many people are going with this look so i might have to change it up a little
Old 2/13/11, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottH
That is a good price. My dealer is a douche, he wants $403 + shipping

The cheapest I have found them for online is $294 + shipping.
I ordered mine and let it come in on the dealers normal truck, no special shipping. But if it were not for my brothers Discount at the dealer I would have been paying the $294 of the net since my friend that worked there left.
But you are right on the dealer being a douche, $54 above MSRP on the price really is
Old 2/13/11, 06:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marz, how hard was it to install all this?
Old 2/13/11, 06:55 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

dang Mars that looks awesome... well done!

why did Ford drop Sterling for 2012?! this color rocks!
Old 2/13/11, 10:08 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
That looks nice - well done!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Onelildude
Look good...i'm thinking of doing the samething on my car but too many people are going with this look so i might have to change it up a little
Yeah, I hear you. dmhines definitely started a trend. Being that these are Mustangs, though, it's hard to do something that no one else has done. Locally, I'm the only one that has this front end setup (until I get to the Knoxville area).

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
Marz, how hard was it to install all this?
I actually had a good friend of mine, Scott Noe of Noe's Performance, install these parts for me. I think he wanted to get a chance to look over a new Mustang, and I was happy to oblige. I dropped my car off on my way to work, and he had it done literally within an hour-and-a-half. He told me that everything fit perfectly; he had to add some "shim" to the underside of the bumper cover, though, to close the gap between the bottom of the Saleen grille and the front fascia.

Originally Posted by MBK
dang Mars that looks awesome... well done!

why did Ford drop Sterling for 2012?! this color rocks!
I'm glad I got a 2011! I think it's dumb that Ford isn't offering a gray of any kind in 2012!
Old 2/14/11, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
. . . Please excuse the filthy car . . .
ha ha, you apparently have never seen a filthy car, nor driven a car in the northeast when there is snow and crud flying everywhere

if my car was "flithy" like yours right now, I would be thrilled!
Old 2/14/11, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the acknowledgement. I originally did this mod to my car late last April before the CS cars had even shipped by ordering the crash part # instead of the Ford Accessory part. Heck ... that was back when the 2011GT's were all on hold!

I'm sure Saleen SpeedLab sold lots of these grills to go with the CS front Valance !

Thank you!

Yeah, I hear you. dmhines definitely started a trend. Being that these are Mustangs, though, it's hard to do something that no one else has done. Locally, I'm the only one that has this front end setup (until I get to the Knoxville area).

I actually had a good friend of mine, Scott Noe of Noe's Performance, install these parts for me. I think he wanted to get a chance to look over a new Mustang, and I was happy to oblige. I dropped my car off on my way to work, and he had it done literally within an hour-and-a-half. He told me that everything fit perfectly; he had to add some "shim" to the underside of the bumper cover, though, to close the gap between the bottom of the Saleen grille and the front fascia.

I'm glad I got a 2011! I think it's dumb that Ford isn't offering a gray of any kind in 2012!
Old 2/15/11, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks really good!!!

It doesn't matter that other people have it. Not doing something that is very aesthetically pleasing just because others have the same mod is actually being more of a follower Not to mention that Mustangs are so fun because they are mass marketed and catered to by the aftermarket.

So kudoes to you for doing exactly what you wanted - the most "unique" act of all It paid off in the appearance of your ride!
Old 2/15/11, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
Looks really good!!!

It doesn't matter that other people have it. Not doing something that is very aesthetically pleasing just because others have the same mod is actually being more of a follower Not to mention that Mustangs are so fun because they are mass marketed and catered to by the aftermarket.

So kudoes to you for doing exactly what you wanted - the most "unique" act of all It paid off in the appearance of your ride!
Because the Mustang is such a common car, I think any aesthetic modification sets it apart. I see a bunch of Mustangs everyday, V6 and V8, most of them completely stock. But when you see one that has clearly been modded, it's likely that the owner is more of an "enthusiast." I know it's a bit of a generalization, since some people don't like to change the car, which doesn't make them any less of an enthusiast.

That's my opinion, anyways.
Old 2/16/11, 08:59 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Looking good!!! MARZ
Old 2/16/11, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice look very aggresive works real good .
Old 2/16/11, 04:32 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Thanks for all the compliments!

Suspension, wheels and tires are next. I'm still debating on whether to swap my factory rear valence for the GT500 piece. What do you all think?
Old 2/16/11, 05:42 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wheels: Black Chrome Saleen Speedstars
Rear Valence: I'd save the money and keep stock
Old 2/16/11, 05:48 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Wheels: Black Chrome Saleen Speedstars
Rear Valence: I'd save the money and keep stock
I like the Saleens; in fact, I had Saleens on my 2007. I was leaning more towards the Ford Racing SVT Performance Pack-style wheels, though.
Old 2/16/11, 07:44 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the Saleens; in fact, I had Saleens on my 2007. I was leaning more towards the Ford Racing SVT Performance Pack-style wheels, though.
I won't argue against the PP GT500 wheels. I've seen them in person several times and they look NICE. Just make sure you get some pony center caps. Like the ones from the GT/CS or any 19" GT wheel. The white FRPP caps look hideous
Old 2/16/11, 08:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Cold? Are you sure? I spy sunshine, a BBQ and a deck chair

Superb work on the car.......that's a mean scowl it's got now
So awesome, and on the best color too. Makes me want to do the same thing, I already want that grille, but the GT/CS really makes it pop.
Old 2/16/11, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the compliments!

Suspension, wheels and tires are next. I'm still debating on whether to swap my factory rear valence for the GT500 piece. What do you all think?
Definitely GT500 rear. It's like $135 from the dealer, great value!
Old 2/24/11, 11:26 AM

Help please!

I am in the process of trying to do something simalar to what you did with your stock mustang front lower fascia and a black out grille. I have everything stock just how yours was in the picture. I want to do the GT/CS lower fascia with a the rousch front black out grille. I am having problems trying to find all the part numbers i need in order to get them orderd. I also dont' know what I need or what any of the items from ford come with. I would like to do one big order and have everything I need to save on shipping costs. Can you please help me?

Car info
Kona blue, 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium. S-type Borla catback exhaust, Steeda CAI, Steeda Lower trailing arms, Steeda 3rd Link, Steeda high tower strut bar.
Old 2/24/11, 11:28 AM

Help please!

This message is for MARZ or anybody that can help.
I am in the process of trying to do something simalar to what you did with your stock mustang front lower fascia and a black out grille. I have everything stock just how yours was in the picture. I want to do the GT/CS lower fascia with a the rousch front black out grille. I am having problems trying to find all the part numbers i need in order to get them orderd. I also dont' know what I need or what any of the items from ford come with. I would like to do one big order and have everything I need to save on shipping costs. Can you please help me?

Car info
Kona blue, 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium. S-type Borla catback exhaust, Steeda CAI, Steeda Lower trailing arms, Steeda 3rd Link, Steeda high tower strut bar.

Quick Reply: Saleen grille and GT/CS lower fascia installed