2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Sad Day For My 2011 GT :(

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/10, 02:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancel
That's awful. I'm sorry this happened to you. Now I'm wondering if my insurance covers hail. I have personally debated getting a vehicle cover for the car just for hail.
My insurance covers all the damage under the "comprehensive" part. Just have to pay the deductible - but it could be 2 months before I get it fixed because of the back log at body shops around here.
Old 7/13/10, 03:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into a good PDR shop nearby and they'll save you a ton of money and the hassle of repainting body panels if need be. If there are any spots that the paint is damaged, get the paint done after the fact. Less filler needed.
Old 7/13/10, 03:36 PM
Banned

paintless dent repair is awesome. no repainting or bondo. friend has black fusion hit my hail. paintless dent reapair fixed it a 100%
Old 7/13/10, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
paintless dent repair is awesome. no repainting or bondo. friend has black fusion hit my hail. paintless dent reapair fixed it a 100%
That definitely sucks - but maybe this will make you feel a *little* better.

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber as a daily driver and it got caught in a bad hailstorm here in Austin last year - golf ball sized hail and bigger. I swear the car must have had 2000 dents in it, and every body panel had some sort of damage - I thought it was totaled for sure. But I contacted a PDR guy here in Austin I had used for my Mustang a year or so before and he said as soon as my insurance company looked at the Caliber to bring it by his shop. I did just that, and dropped the car off the day the adjuster looked at it, and a week later he had taken every dent out of the car. It literally looked like new again. I thought it would be impossible to get all the dents out; the car has a sunroof so I figured he couldn't get to the areas up in the roof, and I was wrong.
Even the adjuster was shocked that the car was completely fixed with PDR.

So I *highly* recommend PDR for hail damage - even if you have to wait. While I know I'd freak if my GT/CS was dinged up with hail damage it would certainly make me feel better knowing I most likely wouldn't have to have the car cut up and body panels replaced and repainted. So hang in there, they'll have your baby looking new again soon.
Old 7/13/10, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
That's awful. I'm sorry this happened to you. Now I'm wondering if my insurance covers hail. I have personally debated getting a vehicle cover for the car just for hail.
problem is. if the hail is big enough to dent a car, it could probably kill you or crack your skull pretty easily while your trying to cover the car.
Old 7/13/10, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

That sucks, sorry to hear.
Old 7/13/10, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I really doubt that paintless is an option with that much damage.

I feel for you...I got sick when my olladys Accord got %6500 worth of hail damage last year. I cant imagine the stang, I would be sick. I wonder why our insurance has went up the last year LMAO with her 6300 claim and my 25500 claim on the Bullitt OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/13/10, 04:48 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks bad, I hope you can get it fixed to like new. It really brings back the memories of when my garage kept '90 5.0 got caught in a hail storm while on the Interstate many years ago.
Old 7/13/10, 04:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Outch, feel bad for 'Ya man. I'm glad my car is in a garage while i'm down here in Mexico. Hope this gets profesionally fixed ASAP.
Old 7/13/10, 06:38 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Outch, feel bad for 'Ya man. I'm glad my car is in a garage while i'm down here in Mexico. Hope this gets profesionally fixed ASAP.
Good thing this wasn't in your neighbourhood...
Old 7/13/10, 06:42 PM

Please tell me your insurance will cover this?

Sorry, just saw your previous post about insurance

Last edited by PasngGear; 7/13/10 at 06:44 PM.
Old 7/13/10, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Reminds me of an old hail dent repair trick.

Get some dry ice and put it on the dents. Should pull them right out after a little while.

Get a small amount and try it first.

Just a thought.
Old 7/13/10, 08:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hail damage is a b*tch.

One thing, semi-seriously, I wonder if it might be faster with the dents all over it? Think about a golf ball with all the dimples in it, the make the ball fly farther because the dimples actually reduce the drag on the ball as it goes through the air...
Old 7/13/10, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Hail damage is a b*tch.

One thing, semi-seriously, I wonder if it might be faster with the dents all over it? Think about a golf ball with all the dimples in it, the make the ball fly farther because the dimples actually reduce the drag on the ball as it goes through the air...
One step away from speed holes!
Old 7/13/10, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hail damage is a b*tch.

Nope, but it WILL get better MPGs!
Old 7/14/10, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by financialpanther
Well it was a great month and half with my brand new, spotless, Black 5.0.

A big hail storm hit in Calgary, AB (Canada) yesterday: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/St...993/story.html

And of course my parking spot downtown is uncovered and my car now has over 100 dents on it from the golf ball sized hail:

The cellphone pics don't quite show all the damage, but you get the idea. Not thrilled about how long it will take to get it fixed either - 2 to 3 month waits possibly at body shops because of the number of cars damaged yesterday.

I know this isn't really an informative post, but I need to vent.......
Man that sucks. I have a 2011 GT as well, I was ****tin my pants driving back to the shop. It was the longest drive of my life. Thankfully the storm hadn't hit our yard yet and I was able to get my car out of there unscathed.

Hopefully the repairs go quickly and painlessly.
Old 7/14/10, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hail damage is a b*tch.

Mythbusters did this making a golf ball car (god I love that show )..well they tested for gas mileage anyways and yes, it does improve mileage.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/22/m...-dimpling-mpg/
Old 7/14/10, 06:06 PM
MOTM Committee Member

sorry it happened to you bro
Old 7/14/10, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Good thing this wasn't in your neighbourhood...
Oly smoke, things are exploding in my neighbourhood while i´m away. That´s scary stuff.
Old 7/14/10, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I was going to guess meth lab until I read "accelerant present".

Quick Reply: Sad Day For My 2011 GT :(