The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   roush exhaust or borla 2013 5.0 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/roush-exhaust-borla-2013-5-0-a-509966/)

blackbullitt 6/11/12 01:22 AM

roush exhaust or borla 2013 5.0

hello

could someone please post a picture of a roush axel back on a 2013 5.0. I just want to get an idea of what they look like. Also I was all set to order the roush but people say the borla sounds great, i would not be buying the cat back just the mufflers, do they sound that much better than roush. i have kr mufflers on my bullitt and love the sound , it would be great to have a system that sound like them, but I'm not sure the new engine will.

thanks Josh

Sky Hye 6/11/12 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by blackbullitt
hello

could someone please post a picture of a roush axel back on a 2013 5.0. I just want to get an idea of what they look like. Also I was all set to order the roush but people say the borla sounds great, i would not be buying the cat back just the mufflers, do they sound that much better than roush. i have kr mufflers on my bullitt and love the sound , it would be great to have a system that sound like them, but I'm not sure the new engine will.

thanks Josh

Josh,

I've had both. Roush is very loud but raspy. Borla S-types are almost as loud however they are much deeper in tone. I love my borlas. I'll attach a pic of the borlas on my 13. Are you on the west coast?

blackbullitt 6/11/12 01:44 AM

thanks, what exactly do you mean by raspy, were the roush to loud while in normal driving? Im in texas, i was just in california at pelican hill i rented a 5.0 for the week it was great. but i realized stock exhaust would not do.

Mustang Mafia 6/11/12 04:01 AM

Borla S type is the sweetest exhaust out there but it's just too overpriced in my opinion. I got my second favorite for a fraction of the cost (GT500 a/b without resonators ).

Joe_in_Naples 6/11/12 04:58 AM

I would get the Borlas over the Roushs anyday. They might be pricey but you know they arent going to rust. My Roush A/B's were put on about a year ago and have rusted almost all the way through.

the_bottomless_pit 6/11/12 06:50 AM

Just installed Roush's last friday...agreed they are very loud and raspy, still on the fence if I am going to keep them :/

They sound great behind the car, but in the cabin it's really raspy unfortunately

driftboatbum 6/11/12 06:54 AM

hello

thanks Josh

I have the Borla Touring. Deep strong sound. You can listen to them on American Muscle's web site.

Mikey 6/11/12 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by the_bottomless_pit (Post 6372840)
Just installed Roush's last friday...agreed they are very loud and raspy, still on the fence if I am going to keep them :/

They sound great behind the car, but in the cabin it's really raspy unfortunately

I'm pretty close to ordering the Roush for my '13, are they raspier at WOT or on decel and between shifts?

FWIW I've heard they clean up a little bit after a couple thousand miles...

Mustang Mafia 6/11/12 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Joe_in_Naples
My Roush A/B's were put on about a year ago and have rusted almost all the way through.

^I've heard this from many Roush a.b. owners.

11SHELBYGT500 6/11/12 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Mafia
^I've heard this from many Roush a.b. owners.

How many out of how many?

CCTking 6/11/12 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

53 out of 9?

BackinBlack13 6/11/12 10:31 AM

if you have the dough, Borla..but I would find a cheaper option.

blackbullitt 6/11/12 11:35 AM

i have heard that roush has fixed the problem with the rust, I'm not sure if that is true just reporting what i have read. so if i was to go borla what system the s or atak? i was going to go with gt500 axel back I'm just worried it won't have the volume I'm looking for. but i thought the same thing before i put the KR on and they sound great.

devious_stang 6/11/12 11:36 AM

Borla's are some of the best, especially for the mustang, couple it with a good midpipe and your all set!

Sky Hye 6/11/12 11:56 AM

i have heard that roush has fixed the problem with the rust, I'm not sure if that is true just reporting what i have read. so if i was to go borla what system the s or atak? i was going to go with gt500 axel back I'm just worried it won't have the volume I'm looking for. but i thought the same thing before i put the KR on and they sound great.

Attacks are still raspy. It's hard to explain. Videos may help out. There's a good video done by borla. If you wants a deeper tone s-types are the way to go. I've had both and the deeper tone of borla was well worth the extra money. They are not overpriced as some say. Quality parts are much harder and costlier to make and thus a higher price point.

blackbullitt 6/11/12 02:19 PM

how is the sound different from a axel back to the full cat back with the borla?

MJJ 6/11/12 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6373030)

I had mine on for 4 months. Car only saw rain one time. Rusted out and replaced by Roush under warranty. Promptly sold the new pair.

MJJ 6/11/12 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by blackbullitt (Post 6373308)
how is the sound different from a axel back to the full cat back with the borla?

I have the S catback. I never had the axelbacks so hard to do a comparison. All I can say is I have had GT500, Roush and now S catback. It is by far the best sounding system of the three.

2012GTCS 6/11/12 05:58 PM

I have the roush. They are not rusted thru in any way and they are loud. They crackle slightly on decel and after revving but I absolutely love the way they sound and like the crackle. They sound insane from 3-4000 under accel. I wouldn't exactly say just the axleback is too raspy but people have different opinions of what raspy is.

If you don't mind loud and want to save some bucks go Roush, if money Isnt an issue go with the Borlas. I liked the borla but unwanted loud but I don't like the ATAKs and I think the S may not be loud enough for me.

Now I will say if you plan on getting longtubes or an off road x pipe stay away from the Roush. They get so loud it doesn't sound good at all...

JosephCook78 6/11/12 06:01 PM

I'm just going with 1-chamber Flowmasters in place of the stock mufflers. Cheap, and I've had them on several vehicles and love them. Had to search for the offset inlet, offset outlet to make them easier to install though.