The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Road Noise? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/road-noise-516895/)

senseisambo 12/23/12 12:24 PM

Road Noise?

Does anyone/everyone else have lots of road or tire noise when cruising in their new 5.0? It seems as though I remember it with the stock pirellis on my 2011. I have been running general g-max 275's on the rear for months now and it just seems like a lot of tire noise?

Glenn 12/23/12 03:14 PM

you can install some sound deadner in the trunk, inside rear quarters and floor boards with out to much effort and be a lot happier all the way around

DarkKnight 12/23/12 04:40 PM

yeah I do..
imo the road noise is wayyyy to loud...

TheDivaDanielle 12/25/12 01:18 PM

it's your tires. My stock Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar tires are totally quiet.

Getportfolio 12/25/12 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6517105)
it's your tires. My stock Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar tires are totally quiet.

Strange. I have the sane tires and they are the noisiest tires I've ever owned.

TheDivaDanielle 12/25/12 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Getportfolio (Post 6517108)
Strange. I have the sane tires and they are the noisiest tires I've ever owned.

Either that or my Mustang is much better on road noise than my GTO ever was. :dunno: I have a vert too.

Nighthawk13 12/27/12 11:16 AM

My GT-CS came with P zero all-season tires which are very quiet on the highway.

sai 12/27/12 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My car makes a lot of road noise with stock Pirelli summer tires, I will spray some sound deadening material in wheel arches and change to all season touring tires, that might reduce road noise.

Mustang259 12/27/12 11:49 AM

IMO, all season tires are a wee bit noisy than summer tires. I am running cooper rs3 a all seasons and I would say they are about 20% noisy at highway speeds but certainly not obtrusive. I think sound deadener would be the way to go except that it adds weight to the car.
Remember sound waves are just like water, they find the easiest opening and travel right thru it.
Hope you can get it the way you want it, if not just crank up the tunes, LOL

sai 12/27/12 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang259 (Post 6518126)
IMO, all season tires are a wee bit noisy than summer tires. I am running cooper rs3 a all seasons and I would say they are about 20% noisy at highway speeds but certainly not obtrusive. I think sound deadener would be the way to go except that it adds weight to the car.
Remember sound waves are just like water, they find the easiest opening and travel right thru it.
Hope you can get it the way you want it, if not just crank up the tunes, LOL

I saw Tier rack review for Michelin primacy mx4 all seasons , they are the quietest as per the review.

Glenn 3/18/13 10:04 AM

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-the...ontent=1EM1524

today only sale

Moustang 3/18/13 07:41 PM

Most of the time my car isn't too bad, but there is one bridge I drive over every day where the howl of the tires is almost unbearable. It's not only loud, it's at just the right frequency to cause a harmonic amplification inside the car. You literally have to yell to be heard over it.

ddtmoto 3/18/13 09:25 PM

The Eastwood sound deadner looks great for my trunk pan, should help with the road noise. Thanks for the heads up on the sale, and free shipping...

wanted33 3/19/13 01:10 PM

The p-zeros on our '13 are fairly quiet. I have noticed that on certain types of pavement they do have what I call a "sing" (that's what us old guys call it) to them.

jdub2k5 3/19/13 02:35 PM

my 13 brembo with p-zero is silent

SR-71 8/23/13 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by senseisambo (Post 6516012)
Does anyone/everyone else have lots of road or tire noise when cruising in their new 5.0? It seems as though I remember it with the stock pirellis on my 2011. I have been running general g-max 275's on the rear for months now and it just seems like a lot of tire noise?

When I got my GT used with 22,000 miles on it, it had terrible road noise from the front wheels. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the tires. That was obviously the problem, because the noise is gone! The originals were Pirelli Nero Zero's. The replacement tires were Continentals. The rear tires are still Pirelli's, but they seem fine.

miner999r 8/23/13 10:15 PM

For me it depends on pavement quality. Here in Sask. Canada it is mostly not very good pavement, clay soils that frost heave are hard on roads. I'm half deaf from working in the mines though

Twin Turbo 8/24/13 01:55 AM

Road noise?

You lucky '10-'14 owners wanna try an '05 if you want to know about road noise :jester:

I would suggest it's likely the tires though :)

Beargap 8/24/13 05:35 AM

The last set of NTO Pirellis on my car were the noisiest tires I have had short of off road tires on an SUV. I was sure I had a bad wheel bearing. Switching to Kuhmo Exta 4X tires made a huge difference and I can hear the radio again.

CiniZter 8/27/13 11:11 AM

with all the exhaust roar that i get.. i hardly hear road noise...i have Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar tires...i dont know how this ended up as my stock.. i m supposed to get Pirelli PZero as i have coupe not a convt...